Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe speculation: Joe mad's werewolf

(XBOX)Nightseid

On 2022-10-06 at 9:13 PM, DogGamer88 said:

I'm willing to accept the outcome, I really want this frame, if they make it like this then I rather have it then not have it. I just want her cup size down. I want her shape to similar to Valkyr's.

In fairness, concept arts always take things a bit far and usually don't end up that exaggerated. Likely most of it will be toned down to fit better. This likely includes some.. er.. assets! 

I hope they do bring the cup size down a bit though, as it's awkward to place chest armor when they are somewhat heavy busted. (I'm looking at you Protea) 

But if not, well it's no big deal to me. But I can respect it being excessive to others. 

sincerely I really liked the design of the new waframe that is coming but one thing that your design left me thinking is that this warframe is supposed to be inspired by the sub species of werewolves "lycans" as it is titled whose main difference is that the latter can control their transformation into beast and wolf morph sincerely hope that DE does not forget that and we get a valkyr 2.0

hace 2 horas, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy dijo:

Estoy bastante seguro de que ya dijeron que no será un Warframe transformador. El hecho de que sea el marco de Werewolf no significa que  deba  transformarse. 

hace 2 horas, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy dijo:

Estoy bastante seguro de que ya dijeron que no será un Warframe transformador. El hecho de que sea el marco de Werewolf no significa que  deba  transformarse. 

I understand but as I said and as subtitled is Lycan although the werewolf also transforms the lycan stands out for being able to transform at will unlike the werewolf which is an irreversible transformation and if we take away that then it will not be a lycan warframe as such tends is like saying well let's create a cold warframe but without being able to freeze or apply that state understand how funny it sounds although well we have the elementals or pure state that can be damaged by its element

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Mirishi949 said:

I understand but as I said and as subtitled is Lycan although the werewolf also transforms the lycan stands out for being able to transform at will unlike the werewolf which is an irreversible transformation and if we take away that then it will not be a lycan warframe as such tends is like saying well let's create a cold warframe but without being able to freeze or apply that state understand how funny it sounds although well we have the elementals or pure state that can be damaged by its element

You do know in other media Werewolves can transform at will. Lycans from Underworld did not coin that method. Books, comics, manga, anime, other games, other movies that had Werewolves that transformed at will before Lycans. The Howling is a well-known one that had Werewolves that transformed without a full moon. Lycan is also not unique term to Underworld neither as Lycan is just short for Lycanthropy, the scientific name for Werewolf. 

6 hours ago, (XBOX)DragonMan 2700 said:

Well, you can put on a Syandana, Chest (I'm not 😜) , and legs so 3 outta 4's not bad. Not to mention sigils/emblems 

So, I think customization going to be fine.

I know what you're saying though her shoulders are big they look really sick but big (hope [DE] keeps um a decent size imo)

Meh it just looks overdetailed. It looks like its gonna have like 50 tails so maybe only a few syandanas will work and those ankles are really skinny and thighs really thicc so not many leg armors would work. Really only the chest looks customizable

9 hours ago, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy said:

You do know in other media Werewolves can transform at will. Lycans from Underworld did not coin that method. Books, comics, manga, anime, other games, other movies that had Werewolves that transformed at will before Lycans. The Howling is a well-known one that had Werewolves that transformed without a full moon. Lycan is also not unique term to Underworld neither as Lycan is just short for Lycanthropy, the scientific name for Werewolf. 

Also I believe the term lycan/lycanthropy comes from Greek myth about King Lycaon.

General shapeshifting is called therianthropy.

It's awesome that DE worked with the Darksiders art director to create a concept for the upcoming warframe.

However, I don't believe that every next female frame should be expected to have large breasts and a big bouncy bottom...

Don't get me wrong, it's cool and all but if this werewolf-inspired frame is going to be a next big thing, personally, I find anzuarden_art design proposal to be much more relevant.

On 2022-10-10 at 3:12 PM, (XBOX)DragonMan 2700 said:

Well, you can put on a Syandana, Chest (I'm not 😜) , and legs so 3 outta 4's not bad. Not to mention sigils/emblems 

So, I think customization going to be fine.

I know what you're saying though her shoulders are big they look really sick but big (hope [DE] keeps um a decent size imo)

19 hours ago, (PSN)Wetselj44 said:

Meh it just looks overdetailed. It looks like its gonna have like 50 tails so maybe only a few syandanas will work and those ankles are really skinny and thighs really thicc so not many leg armors would work. Really only the chest looks customizable

Oh, wait I forgot Ephemeras! It's actually 4 outta 5 my bad, I think customizing her will be just fine especially with how well the art teams doing with her design. Can't wait 🙂👍🐺   

On 2022-10-11 at 7:16 PM, Lupin said:

It's awesome that DE worked with the Darksiders art director to create a concept for the upcoming warframe.

However, I don't believe that every next female frame should be expected to have large breasts and a big bouncy bottom...

Don't get me wrong, it's cool and all but if this werewolf-inspired frame is going to be a next big thing, personally, I find anzuarden_art design proposal to be much more relevant.

it's also very male, DE have said repeatedly that the wolf-inspired frame is a female so you guys have to get over it. The wolf bestial form, DE said is not happening as they are not making any more transforming frames (I know Titania, Sevagoth, Revenant's Reave, Yareli's Merulina) are technically transforming but the devs making her say no, it's no. She is going to be based on Joe's art and a gal and that is that. Sorry Fenrir and anzuarden fanboys but that has been finialised

33 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

it's also very male, DE have said repeatedly that the wolf-inspired frame is a female so you guys have to get over it. The wolf bestial form, DE said is not happening as they are not making any more transforming frames (I know Titania, Sevagoth, Revenant's Reave, Yareli's Merulina) are technically transforming but the devs making her say no, it's no. She is going to be based on Joe's art and a gal and that is that. Sorry Fenrir and anzuarden fanboys but that has been finialised

Maybe not now but down the line, not the first time that we have frames that share a theme in some form.

3 hours ago, (PSN)reddragonhrcro said:

Maybe not now but down the line, not the first time that we have frames that share a theme in some form.

But they said their literally not doing "claws" and trying to not make her a Valkyr clone? Soooo, yea this is it, this is the Lycanthrope wolf Warframe. 

Also, this is the colored in, redraw of her standing which means it's most likely the final interpretation of the character, proportions and all.

6HlOI3SHvqQYb5VKkczcd1fELDP3ZySFBmwkj_ZhWDFLVtQy4mlaos7K-YVPMUWE6TaJ0CvX-CmU6MHOck6RdvqiQGJa4tCMP9A3AOxOz3aDuP-0YwrI6NqJYb_DWN-Sf9DYh3ZyN69D3XK67nLPPGgjEjOkqrXUYUzl9l3ZfRKgJw-8w2u9mPUgIg

I know it may not be what some of y'all wanted, but when I look at her, I see the Wolf, the Warframe and Joe Mad. So, if that's what [DE] was going for visually then I'd say they nailed it. 👍

22 minutes ago, FightLikeAKrogan said:

I'm kind of surprised they're doing mouths, since I remember they've rejected some skins on the basis of having a mouth. Granted... these ones are on everywhere BUT the head.

yea I hear you, I believe the exception to [DE] rule must be Joe Mad, since he collaborated on it.

It's up to taste and I know its not for everyone, but I like Warframe & Darksiders so, I'm fine with it.

I just hope the character is fun to play and doesn't suck.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)DragonMan 2700 said:

But they said their literally not doing "claws" and trying to not make her a Valkyr clone? Soooo, yea this is it, this is the Lycanthrope wolf Warframe. 

Also, this is the colored in, redraw of her standing which means it's most likely the final interpretation of the character, proportions and all.

Not what I talked about above, we know this is what they meant. What I was saying is that some time in the future we could get another wolf(hopefully a proper werewolf) themed warframe given that DE has done frames with similar themes before on a few ocassions.

Claw attacks on Wolfette could be part of an ability animation at least, since the weapon category is plenty overloaded already.

I'm more curious if those wolf-pads will literally bite enemies or was that just an artistic conceptualisation.

There might be a howl-like ability where all of the wolf-pads open their maws.

Her tail and spirit wolves feel like a power-up super saiyan type thing rather than default behavior. But you never know with DE.

9 hours ago, (PSN)reddragonhrcro said:

Not what I talked about above, we know this is what they meant. What I was saying is that some time in the future we could get another wolf(hopefully a proper werewolf) themed warframe given that DE has done frames with similar themes before on a few ocassions.

No, that's literally what you're saying -_-  from my point of view you don't like/except this as a werewolf, lycanthrope, wolf frame so on and you're holding out for a "redo" (I don't think it's going to happen) 

6 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

There might be a howl-like ability where all of the wolf-pads open their maws.

Her tail and spirit wolves feel like a power-up super saiyan type thing rather than default behavior. But you never know with DE.

I hope there's howling in her kit somewhere being a wolf frame and all.

That's a good point about the tails Psi, maybe it could also be like Naruto and the tails will appear one at a time as she gets rev 'ed up. 

The big problem with this frame not being the werewolf concept that has existed for ages as a fan favorite request, is that, even if it's just "wolf themed", and not "werewolf themed"... is that this was likely the last chance of getting the desired male transforming frame, because Valkyr, Garuda, and Sevagoth already exist. I don't think they'll ever make a 5th frame that fits werewolf like players want - and yet, they'll claim THIS ONE fit that request.

2 hours ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

The big problem with this frame not being the werewolf concept that has existed for ages as a fan favorite request, is that, even if it's just "wolf themed", and not "werewolf themed"... is that this was likely the last chance of getting the desired male transforming frame, because Valkyr, Garuda, and Sevagoth already exist. I don't think they'll ever make a 5th frame that fits werewolf like players want - and yet, they'll claim THIS ONE fit that request.

EXACTLY this is what I understood day one of her announcement, but instead of festering in denial and being upset about it (not saying you are AyinDygra) I took a deep breath and realized 1 DE pulled a "DE" and 2 I recalled all the time's they mentioned their difficulty's with alt forms, and thought with them bring Joe Mad in on it and talking us through the design process like they did their just trying to do good by their game and all of us.

They know we wanted a Wolf like frame but enough frames that orbit the same space as a stereotypical Werewolf must already exist so, their trying to do something different but also give us our Wolf 🐺 and I for one see it and appreciate them for it. 

5 hours ago, (XBOX)DragonMan 2700 said:

No, that's literally what you're saying -_-  from my point of view you don't like/except this as a werewolf, lycanthrope, wolf frame so on and you're holding out for a "redo" (I don't think it's going to happen) 

Because from what little we got it sounds like it’s not a werewolf but wolf themed. So yeah. Not saying that I dislike it, just that it’s not what people expected or wanted. Just mentioned the possibility nothing else.

34 minutes ago, (PSN)reddragonhrcro said:

Because from what little we got it sounds like it’s not a werewolf but wolf themed. So yeah. Not saying that I dislike it, just that it’s not what people expected or wanted. Just mentioned the possibility nothing else.

Sorry for assuming you disliked it, maybe that was a bit too far.

I'm hoping she gets a custom dodge/dash like some type of strafe with blurr effect, and the sound design invokes the werewolf/lycan feel/vibe anything to help her.

because I genuinely think this is what their putting out there n, I just want her to be fun and not suck (plz god).      

Archived