Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, why is this content hidden???

Cerikus

So. I was wondering what exactly is the purpose of capturing camps in Orb Vallis. I knew you get the NPC and that you can get aditional bounties, but I had no idea, that it's a way to unique bounty locations and a huge amount of Eudico voiceacting I have NEVER, EVER heard...

Why is it like this? Why do we have to run the same bounties around the Enrichment labs, when there is so much more???

For example:

I captured the Orokin digsite camp. Because I finished Tier 5 before I could chose a new Tier 5 bounty.
THEN! I was tasked to get some code from Spaceport... It was a cache run.
I then did coildrive capture on the road (marked RED) and two more bounties (supplies capture and drone capture), but those took place underground in caves (marked YELLOW). 
Last stage was to get papers for Railagent (a bounty story I never heard before) - it was a spy near Orokin Digsite.

Bez-n-zvu.png

The last time I was this immersed in a Fortuna content was when Fortuna released... I don't understand why is it like this. It doesn't make sense.

It just reminded me again, that the whole bounty system is bad and that it needs a rework. 

Oh and btw.

As I was doing more of these and exploring, I realized that the bounties outside of the typical loop are quite buggy, which I find hilarious.

Nobody knows about these, nobody plays them and therefore nobody can report the bugs.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

I think they are same bounties you can get from entrance of Fortuna but just in different locations.

Yes. That's what I said. No new stage types, but different locations and different Eudico voiceacting.

8 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Yes. That's what I said. No new stage types, but different locations and different Eudico voiceacting.

I don't remember any different lines. There are some extra dialog when we're actually capping the area, but AFAIR the bounties are the same.

12 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

I don't remember any different lines. There are some extra dialog when we're actually capping the area, but AFAIR the bounties are the same.

For example - when you do stuff around Spaceport:

• Eudico: "Right, rail tractor convoy inbound from Neptune. Use a variation of their hexadecimal call-signs, I can forge a passkey once we hit orbital control." 
  • Eudico: "We need the hexadecimal passkey for the orbital traffic network to forge that landing permit. The codes change daily, beamed to this marked location. You intercept, I'll decrypt, and that gets us closer to what we need." 
  • Eudico: "That's it! The orbital network passkey. This data is exactly what we needed. Alright, next steps." 
  • Eudico: "A rail tractor loaded with supplies Solaris United desperately needs can't land until we forge a docking permit. We need a few things to make that happen." 
  • Eudico: "Location marked. Hack the orbital traffic network and I'll use the information we stole to fabricate a landing permit for that rail agent."
  • Eudico: "The supplies are en route to a docking platform. By the time they realize the landing permit was forged, our rail agent will be in another system. Good work." 

Today is the first time a heard those lines.

1 minute ago, Cerikus said:

• Eudico: "Right, rail tractor convoy inbound from Neptune. Use a variation of their hexadecimal call-signs, I can forge a passkey once we hit orbital control." 
  • Eudico: "We need the hexadecimal passkey for the orbital traffic network to forge that landing permit. The codes change daily, beamed to this marked location. You intercept, I'll decrypt, and that gets us closer to what we need." 
  • Eudico: "That's it! The orbital network passkey. This data is exactly what we needed. Alright, next steps." 
  • Eudico: "A rail tractor loaded with supplies Solaris United desperately needs can't land until we forge a docking permit. We need a few things to make that happen." 
  • Eudico: "Location marked. Hack the orbital traffic network and I'll use the information we stole to fabricate a landing permit for that rail agent."
  • Eudico: "The supplies are en route to a docking platform. By the time they realize the landing permit was forged, our rail agent will be in another system. Good work." 

Really? Those lines doesn't seem new to me. Eudico has a lot of lines for the quite absurd number of possible permutations in every type of bounties. Maybe you just haven't come across that kind of combination yet? Or maybe it's me who kept using those secondary outpost as my way to complete the "different bounties" Nightwave.

1 minute ago, Gamma745 said:

Or maybe it's me who kept using those secondary outpost as my way to complete the "different bounties" Nightwave.

Maybe. I never really thought of breaking the loop until now. Not even for Nightwave act. I have done the typical bouties around Enrichment labs so many times I could probably cite Eudico lines by heart, but these really were new for me and they wouldn't make sense outside of Spaceport.

Nothing "hidden" about any of the content

same Randomized Bounty stages pulling from the same Voicelines data pool as the 5 bounties from the front door

there just happens to be a lot of them to pull from so now that you're doing more than the initial 5 per day you're finally hearing them

they all eventually show up even if you just stick to the initial offerings, just takes longer to rotate

Ultimately capturing camps is pointless. since they don't offer any exclusive rewards or content. and there's no lasting effect to doing it

they all reset when you end mission, its not like you're actually making any real progress in the Solaris rebellion by capturing territories

Yeah it's a cool thought, but DE didn't go anywhere with it.

9 hours ago, Cerikus said:

first time I've heard RNG issues where the mission is the generated content that doesn't appear!

8 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

there just happens to be a lot of them to pull from so now that you're doing more than the initial 5 per day you're finally hearing them

they all eventually show up even if you just stick to the initial offerings, just takes longer to rotate

What do you mean by this?

I've been playing Fortuna since the release and when I said I never heard the voicelines, I never heard the voicelines. Maybe I was extremelly unlucky.
I completed hundreds of bounties, but afaik there is NO WAY to access these bounty "stories" unless you capture camp and start bounties from there.

8 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Ultimately capturing camps is pointless. since they don't offer any exclusive rewards or content. and there's no lasting effect to doing it

Obviously. I am just baffled, that DE put time and resources into writing those voicelines, recording them, coding in the locations and bases and NOBODY EVER SEES IT.

18 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Oh and btw.

As I was doing more of these and exploring, I realized that the bounties outside of the typical loop are quite buggy, which I find hilarious.

Nobody knows about these, nobody plays them and therefore nobody can report the bugs.

Story about one of those bugs: One mission (a drone capture / defense) took place under a tunnel for me, but no enemies spawned. (And you can't complete that segment without defeating 30) So I had to have my wife log in and stay with the drone while I went and lured enemies into the tunnel from a nearby outpost. Luring 2 or 3 enemies at a time, from a kilometer away, by walking. The humor of the situation made it pretty entertaining. The thought of luring people half a mile to their death, just to trick Eudico into believing that we've defended the drone long enough, made us feel must more like villains than heroes.

Also the only time I capture camps is when I'm trying to complete a Nightwave challenge and realize I've procrastinated too long. (I say that like it's a regular thing, but I think I've only had to do that 3 times)

8 hours ago, (NSW)Probably_Asleep said:

Story about one of those bugs: One mission (a drone capture / defense) took place under a tunnel for me, but no enemies spawned. (And you can't complete that segment without defeating 30) So I had to have my wife log in and stay with the drone while I went and lured enemies into the tunnel from a nearby outpost. Luring 2 or 3 enemies at a time, from a kilometer away, by walking. The humor of the situation made it pretty entertaining. The thought of luring people half a mile to their death, just to trick Eudico into believing that we've defended the drone long enough, made us feel must more like villains than heroes.

That's hilarious :D Unfortunately my bugs were not as funny. I've seen supply cases spawned underground or high in the air. I also defended coildrive, but nobody showed up, so I just waited for a few minutes. Stuff like that.

None of those voicelines are unique to one captured base, you just have the wildest bounty rotation RNG I've ever heard of, not getting the "Seems Legit" bounty type  where you forge the paperwork, until now.

None of my bugs have been funny, unless you consider enemy coildrives being stuck inside objects, and the resulting implication that some random Corpus Crewman is a *terrible* driver, to be funny. I fall through the map sometimes, never screw up a K-Drive landing into water, but I mostly just get the one where you're defending excavators and battery guys stop spawning. And if you hold out long enough, eventually nobody spawns in at all.

Archived