The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So De Said They Didn't Want The Trading System To Be The Real Money Auction House.

Annnoth

Not sure I understand fully BUT...if only Platinum that is purchased can be traded, then it should not be profitable for gold farmers to bother with.

Think about it. Once Platinum is purchased, that is real money that is now solely in the Warframe eco-system, it can not be returned to actual money, or spent on anything outside of Warframe. Like-wise, the Platinum earned through trading CANNOT be re-traded, it can now only be spent on stuff from DE. There would be no direct way for gold farmers to directly turn platinum back into money. Thus having Platinum being tradeable would not bring gold farmers on its own.

What WILL bring gold farmers is if people are willing to pay ludicrous amounts of money, through seedy external sites, for mods and such. So just trading in general will bring farmers, because its human nature (we are A******s). Really, the official in-game Platinum trading should help fight against the illegal stuff, by offering people a legit means of buying something, and the profits all go to DE.

The Blizz Real-Money AH was as bad as it was because you could get ACTUAL leafy greeny spendy money out of it. If the money was only good for Blizzard products, it would never have gotten so crazy. At least not directly on the AH.

For those that don't see how this is a problem. Look at Diablo 3's auction house. 

So what's the problem? I don't see the relation because you don't have a direct correlation. Tell us in detail how this is even similar. Because I can tell you now there are no auction houses in this game just a simple trading system that is in beta.

Details, details, details! 

Show me where DE is screwing up with this trading system and USE DETAILS.

Edited by ViLeDeth

For those that don't see how this is a problem. Look at Diablo 3's auction house. 

I don't think you're putting much thought into this. Diablo 3 got into trouble with their auction house because it allowed real money transactions. DE's system only revolves around platinum, which is a virtual currency, not real money. DE is the only one who will make any money off of this.

by megan

3) PLATINUM. Only Platinum that you have purchased will be eligible for trade. There is no minimum/maximum amount of Platinum you can trade. Your starting 50 Platinum cannot be traded, and moving forward, any Platinum you are rewarded (contests/livestreams, etc) will not be eligible for trade.

Hoo boy founders.

Its time to tighten security folks.

I don't think you're putting much thought into this. Diablo 3 got into trouble with their auction house because it allowed real money transactions. DE's system only revolves around platinum, which is a virtual currency, not real money. DE is the only one who will make any money off of this.

Only paid plat is allowed too be used in trades. Resulting in people demanding obscene prices in exchange for the various rare mods that are required for the higher level areas of the game. Want hells chamber? Give me 30$ in in-game currency. Don't wanna  pay? Good luck farming it, you'll get burnt out after the tenth defence run.

Only paid plat is allowed too be used in trades. Resulting in people demanding obscene prices in exchange for the various rare mods that are required for the higher level areas of the game. Want hells chamber? Give me 30$ in in-game currency. Don't wanna  pay? Good luck farming it, you'll get burnt out after the tenth defence run.

Or get in a Clan. I have guys with like 5 hells chamber but no barrel diffusion or split chambers.

We will exchange those for pennies.

Edited by fatpig84

It's why I quit Diablo 3, and they are getting rid of their real money auction house because of how it impacted the game.

Here's the difference between D3's system and Warframe's.

You can't cash out. The only profit you'll be given if you put in plat and trade with someone is the items they will trade with you, and vice versa.

Also, there's a separate channel for trade and frankly, unless you're in a gigantic clan (like I am), you won't even see anything being traded unless you go voluntarily go into the market chat tab.

Gold sellers? Uh, no. As stated, only mods or keys can be traded. Nobody in their right mind would trade anything for plat unless it's extremely rare. Thankfully, such rare items are...well, rare, and there's no notably good way to farm any of it en masse. Gold sellers will come to this game, realize just how much effort they have to put into it in order to make a profit, then go right back to the far easier games to exploit them.

Here's the difference between D3's system and Warframe's.

You can't cash out. The only profit you'll be given if you put in plat and trade with someone is the items they will trade with you, and vice versa.

Also, there's a separate channel for trade and frankly, unless you're in a gigantic clan (like I am), you won't even see anything being traded unless you go voluntarily go into the market chat tab.

Gold sellers? Uh, no. As stated, only mods or keys can be traded. Nobody in their right mind would trade anything for plat unless it's extremely rare. Thankfully, such rare items are...well, rare, and there's no notably good way to farm any of it en masse. Gold sellers will come to this game, realize just how much effort they have to put into it in order to make a profit, then go right back to the far easier games to exploit them.

All this is true now that I read all the details and think about the way the game is.

It's a pretty secured environment as long as people stay within their respective chat rooms. I'm liking it so far.

WTS all kinds of mods, maxed of course. Give me your plats and I'll save your precious time! Don't worry about farming cores again!

Imagine the possibilities... Humanity has always made a profit out of it's own laziness.

Nope, I'm against this. I hope this was a result of too much beer at work, and will be removed asap.