Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OK, The Time is Now, QoL for Excavations PLEASE

CrownOfShadows

With all the QoL stuff we got in the last update, I'm hopeful that some other long standing, truly painful things may have a chance at finally being updated. One such thing is excavations!

Excavation fissures would be 200% more fun if void traces dropped faster than excavators finished. As it currently is, we have to actively stop mining for LONG periods of time just to make sure everyone can finally get to 10 void traces. Like LONG. Periods. Of. Time.

IDK what the math is like for how these drop. I can tell you void things spawn like crazy (especially in SP), and somehow no traces drop, so whatever the math is, it needs a fresh look. We want to be waiting for excavators, not waiting for void traces. In fact, in non-SP fissure excavations, we want to be running multiple excavators at once and still have all our void traces before both finish (so that's enough void traces in the time it takes one excavator to finish). If that's too much cryotic, whatever, nerf the reward if you feel you have to, I'd rather have engaging, smooth gameplay, than waiting around twiddling my thumbs hoping the void traces someday sprinkle down so we can get on with the mission. Even on SP fissure excavations, I think if we could get enough void traces, we might sometimes, with a really good crew, be running dual excavators - it's edgy and fun.

Secondly, seriously write some special code for doing excavations solo because MY GOD is it absolute pain trying to get even a single power cell. You might say - dude, who plays excavations solo? And I have two words for you: host migration. This has always been a serious issue, and if we could please fix it that would be great.

Oh and one last thing, if we could get fissure excavations on more locations like Ceres, Jupiter or even Deimos/Vallis (tech already in?) or something that would be a solid *fist bump*, I really am tired of Earth and I hate Europa.

Thank you!

16 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Secondly, seriously write some special code for doing excavations solo because MY GOD is it absolute pain trying to get even a single power cell. You might say - dude, who plays excavations solo? And I have two words for you: host migration. This has always been a serious issue, and if we could please fix it that would be great.

I would say do steel path excavation fissures but DE is still hellbent on keeping scaling the same despite changing a lot of game mechanics around, most notably overguard making them near impossible to do in such a content.

Add an option for solo players to up spawns but keep eximus spawns the same so that we don't have to lose out on resources when doing content like trying to farm toroids in Vallis or power cells for excavation or life support drops in survival.

It sucks, I tried doing fissure excavations for sibear but nobody wanted to join or stay for an extender period of time. So to make up for that lost amount I just did excavations whenever there was a lich around since I could always hit a near full squad there. 

24 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

I would say do steel path excavation fissures but DE is still hellbent on keeping scaling the same despite changing a lot of game mechanics around, most notably overguard making them near impossible to do in such a content.

do the excavators even scale to any reasonable degree? last time i tried the earth excavation mission i had to bring limbo and just permanently stasis the area around the excavator so nothing would sneeze on it and one-shot it.

edit for clarity: on steel path. 

When I was trying to do some of the early-game excavations, I ran into the problem of "NO POWER CELLS" constantly.

Like, the one time, it took almost TEN MINUTES for a single power carrier to spawn while I killed hordes and hordes of small fry and when you're Solo, you can't leave the extractor for long and even if you do, no power cell enemies. At all.

It really stucks to be stuck at 20 seconds left on the clock for 10 minutes because you can't do anything at all about the fact that there's no power carriers.

I avoid excavation missions for this reason unless I really must do them.

57 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

do the excavators even scale to any reasonable degree? last time i tried the earth excavation mission i had to bring limbo and just permanently stasis the area around the excavator so nothing would sneeze on it and one-shot it.

edit for clarity: on steel path. 

Nope. Level scaling for objectives is based on level. Problem is steel path also has a defense modifier to enemies making it being disproportionate when going from regular to steel path. 

You are welcome to try that, I used to use a clone to gun anything down before the infested unit got close but Overguard changed that and can now take out your excavator even if you are constantly alert. 

1 hour ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Excavation fissures would be 200% more fun if void traces dropped faster than excavators finished. As it currently is, we have to actively stop mining for LONG periods of time just to make sure everyone can finally get to 10 void traces. Like LONG. Periods. Of. Time.

There's also seems to be trolls who bring power cells too fast and then nobody can open their relics or they start bringing power cells when they have 10 reactant but won't wait for others.

This is why I usually avoid Excavation fissures.

They should also increase amount of cryotic for higher levels because right now it's same amount for high and low levels.

Maybe something like 30+ level Excavation gives twice as much so it's 200 cryotic for one full excavation.

3 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

There's also seems to be trolls who bring power cells too fast and then nobody can open their relics or they start bringing power cells when they have 10 reactant but won't wait for others.

you're too fast to implicate people on things you believe to be true.

i'm pretty sure that most of the time its people turning of their brain and just doing the missions which is only natural in excavation because its one of the most boring and mindnumbing mission types in the game.

5 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Thank you!

Totally support your post!

- I think the issue is that the fissures themselves are maybe overdue for a QoL update. Railjack storms work perfectly. The reactans are everywhere and it's shared. 

- I recently reported to zendesk that I was not getting any powercell in a certain mission and was able to reproduce it. 

- We should get more excavation places. I personally feel that the Deimos endless excavation should simply award a reasonable amount of Cryotic per drill. And here should be endless excavation on every openworld.

Just making reactant shared group wide would solve about half of the problem with excavation. The other half of the problem is the spawn rate in the first place.

Maybe they just need to give us arbitration extractors in fissures instead, and just make us defend one instead of two.  *shrugs* All I know is steel path fissures are great, but they don't solve *any* of the issues around low level fissures, excavation being one of the worst offenders.

On 2022-10-18 at 10:05 AM, XHADgaming said:

Nope. Level scaling for objectives is based on level. Problem is steel path also has a defense modifier to enemies making it being disproportionate when going from regular to steel path. 

You are welcome to try that, I used to use a clone to gun anything down before the infested unit got close but Overguard changed that and can now take out your excavator even if you are constantly alert. 

Wouldn't a Frost Specter potentially help with this since their Snow Globe is also based on map level compared to our own personal Snow Globe? The main issue I can foresee is Eximus fields bypassing the bubble to hurt the Extractor. 

For how rare the power cells can be (Especially Solo) they should fully charge the excavator... Otherwise WHY doesn't the excavator draw power from our SHIELDS like the Objective in the Hijack mission does...?

Have to agree Excavation needs some love... From no enemies spawning for minutes at a time to no power cells it's way past due for some love...

Archived