Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A miserable Boltor Prime lover

YaZao

Hello, I want to share the miserable feeling I am having with my favorite weapon, Boltor Prime.

Boltor Prime has been my childhood favorite. I always recommend this to newbies before since it is so fun to use and I also believe it will help newbies understand how mods work in warframe but now, not anymore (MRQ14 REQ). I've played this weapon for many years now. I've witnessed its might at its peak, its downfall, and to its current state which is... alright, not bad and also not good. Useful but drops like a rock on certain level and missions. 

I love this weapon so much that I've bought many rivens (and rolled) and forma'd (14 times) Boltor many times to optimize it to the best until I feel like it will do its job in all situations. The looks, the feels, the sound. Just totally awesome for me. 

However, I am miserable since I, also a longtime warframe player, where I don't have time to grind. Getting old. I am leaning towards efficiency. How can I explain this... I am not blinded by the looks and feels of the Boltor. I still want power, the easy breeze in missions, the race to the finish line in which boltor can also give in both steel path and star maps. Just not the same as the newer weapons. Where I understand, since the game is supposed to get harder every release. At least that's what I expect from the game.

I know that the newer weapons outperform Boltor and I hate that but I still love Boltor. I will still use boltor despite having better weapons in my arsenal. 

TLDR: Love hate relationship with Boltor.

PS I hope Boltor will have an exilus mod that has punch through and projectile speed in the future. Does not matter if it gets buffed with more damage or crit chance. I think boltor needs 1 more mod slot to be relevant in archon missions and in higher levels.

17 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

what's your build?

If no rivens:

Galvanized Scope, Aptitude, Chamber

Primed Shred, Amalgam Serration

Vital Sense

1x 60-60 Element Mod

1x 90 Element

If with Riven:

Change Amalgam to desired Riven

Boltor Prime can still work well considering the stats are not being too weak, maybe it's more to your build

- 3 galvanized mods don't guarantee it will make the weapon super strong. You can safely take away one (galvanized chamber if I would suggest)

- You would need to use all three loadouts for each faction to load elements effective against them

* Corrosive/Cold for grineer

* Magnetic/Toxin for corpus

* Corrosive/Heat for infested

Synergize with warframe abilities, be it damage buff like chroma or debuff like nyx. Or Nezha for all in one package

1 hour ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Boltor Prime can still work well considering the stats are not being too weak, maybe it's more to your build

- 3 galvanized mods don't guarantee it will make the weapon super strong. You can safely take away one (galvanized chamber if I would suggest)

- You would need to use all three loadouts for each faction to load elements effective against them

* Corrosive/Cold for grineer

* Magnetic/Toxin for corpus

* Corrosive/Heat for infested

Synergize with warframe abilities, be it damage buff like chroma or debuff like nyx. Or Nezha for all in one package

Regarding 3 galvanized mods.

It is a must for boltor. Try it without the scope or multishot in steel path it will not be able to kill easily without those buffs.

Synergize for warframes

That's the problem with this weapon. It requires synergy with warframe to work bettee in higher levels. Unlike phenmor where it will work fine

I assume you've tried the Telos?  I like it a bit better.  But both weapons have weaknesses that disappoint me.   For the prime it's the critstats  and magazine.   For the Telos, it's the horrible accuracy in what should be a great headshot weapon.

Although maybe I'll take it out again and try it in a Twitch / Reflex Draw weapon switch build.   That  should solve the accuracy issue

3 hours ago, YaZao said:

PS I hope Boltor will have an exilus mod that has punch through and projectile speed in the future.

That would be awesome!  So many mediocre weapons could benefit from this though.    I still want like 1m of innate body PT on most ST weapons.

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I assume you've tried the Telos?  I like it a bit better.  But both weapons have weaknesses that disappoint me.   For the prime it's the critstats  and magazine.   For the Telos, it's the horrible accuracy in what should be a great headshot weapon.

Although maybe I'll take it out again and try it in a Twitch / Reflex Draw weapon switch build.   That  should solve the accuracy issue

That would be awesome!  So many mediocre weapons could benefit from this though.    I still want like 1m of innate body PT on most ST weapons.

Yes! A special exilus for every weapon. I don't think innate punch through is a must for all weapons. Some would benefit way too much. Even a normal shred will work well. I just got the idea of that exilus mod from Soma (Hata-Satya) and Supra (100% scope accuracy)

Telos Boltor is fine. Although I find prime to be better since status is better in higher levels and the 12% buff in Boltor overshadows the weapon. 100% status with 4x crit is sweet.

1 minute ago, YaZao said:

I don't think innate punch through is a must for all weapons.

Well I did say "most".  :P And it would be limited body PT not standard PT, if that wasn't clear.  Although I just realized 1m is about 3 normal body's worth of PT, and really 2 bodies seems about right for free.

9 minutes ago, YaZao said:

Telos Boltor is fine. Although I find prime to be better since status is better in higher levels and the 12% buff in Boltor overshadows the weapon. 100% status with 4x crit is sweet.

Telos with some RoF feels to me like it's got just enough status application for that not to be its main problem.  I should defer to your experience though, as I haven't take it further than quick SP runs.

9 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Well I did say "most".  :P And it would be limited body PT not standard PT, if that wasn't clear.  Although I just realized 1m is about 3 normal body's worth of PT, and really 2 bodies seems about right for free.

Telos with some RoF feels to me like it's got just enough status application for that not to be its main problem.  I should defer to your experience though, as I haven't take it further than quick SP runs.

Maybe I'll try Telos again. It's been a while since I've last used it. 

Ahaha and yes the punch through of 1 is very nice to have in all weapons. I am hoping that all Assault Rifles like Braton get those exilus mods or a punch through. But a good unique mod for a weapon is nice just like the one with Latron (which instantly makes it a sniper)

Archived