The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

You think that this argument is weak, well I don't.

It's my personal opinion, I have plat to spend and you probably do too. Why should I have to pay 140 to get exclusive items, it makes no sense.

Why not just give people a ton of plat for 140 dollars with the prime items and let them choose what they want.

Is it a weak argument for me to have to spend 140 dollars just to get exclusive items that I have the plat to buy in the first place, yeah that's is real logic, bravo DE.

Your argument is weak

You're not forced to buy Prime Access. The exclusives are there to tempt people to buy the packs to support the game. The same thing has happened in many other games and will continue to happen. You don't need these items but feel you're missing out cause you can't get them the way you want

Edited by DaiKahn

PA seems like more of a cash in instead of an actual bundle. You dilute the in game drops tables and frustrate everyone, only to charge ridiculous prices for the items. The plat in the bundle isn't really needed at all. Most people here complain about their stacks of plat actually. I am sure I am not the only one who's jimmies are a little rustled by PA. IMO, keep it until the end of update 11, and drop it at Update 12 and actually do something to not make the drop tables an even larger cluster-ruk then they already are.... And not charge 100+ dollars for a handful of plat and a few items found in game and 2 that are not.

Edited by Solaurus

Remember that DE is just like every company and needs money - now that there's no longer Founder's program they may not be getting that money they need. However the difference here is that the Lato, Skana, Excal Prime are not farmable, but these (glaive, ember, sicarus prime) are. It'll be a long time before I spend 50$ on some platinum and a weapon I could get by playing the game.

The plat in the bundle isn't really needed at all. Most people here complain about their stacks of plat actually.

What are you smoking? Most Warframe players are not Founders, and don't buy that much platinum. They usually only do so when they get one of the rather extremely rare 50% or 75% coupons on platinum purchases.

It's just DE's way to rake in some cash from people who don't understand the point of this game. What is the fun in buying all the new prime weapons with cash? It's kind of like paying to be at endgame. Ruins the fun, at least to me. 

As far as ridiculous prices, I say not.

Buy Platinum vs Prime Access

4300 Platinum usually cost 199.99 US dollars if you were to normally buy plat.

4300 Platinum + 2 prime weapons + Prime frame + Random bullsh!t + $&*&*#(%& amount of boosters + new prime avatars + prime scarf = 139.99 US dollars

That's a 60 dollar discount for the same amount of plat + WAAAAAY more.

I think people just get jealous that other players are getting the content before them. I mean if people have money to blow, why shouldn't they give it DE to help keep this game afloat? If they want to pay their way through this game, instead of play their way through this game, who cares? This game is predominantly PvE, therefore these people, if anything, are on your team. No reason to get booty tickled.

Edited by KingKeif

Meh... I like it.

It's a good value on the plat, plus I buy an XP booster whenever I'm going to play for rank and new items = rank farming time. If you take the NINETY DAYS of affinity boost the pack comes with and you compare that to what you'll actually use (no one plays for 90 days straight lol...) call it thirteen weekends so thirteen x2 boosters I would have bought over the next 90 days that I now won't have to buy... suddenly $130 for that pack is an insane value.

Edited by VKhaun

As long as you're not affected with the Prime Access stuff, why bother? People have both the right to buy what they want, and the money to do so. If you're pissed that you paid 60$ more than the Prime Access customers, that's not DE's fault. You bought it back when it was the only pack available. You're anger is justified only if both packs were available at the same time and there was a price difference. Learn to move on with changes. It's a beta, even though you might disagree, and changes are bound to happen.

Buy Platinum page vs Prime Access

4300 Platinum usually cost 199.99 US dollars if you were to normally buy plat.

4300 Platinum + 2 prime weapons + Prime frame + Random bullsh!t + $&*&*#(%& amount of boosters + new prime avatars + prime scarf = 139.99 US dollars

That's a 60 dollar discount for the same amount of plat + WAAAAAY more.

Unless one uses the 50% or 75% discount when buying plat, which most smart people would do.  Plat's far cheaper in that regard.

But I can see that Prime Access is DE's way of preying on the money-whales with less game-time than others that play this game.  Which is fine, all things considered.

I just want the ridiculous scarf that they locked behind it to enter the market one day.

This deal wont be here forever, it is going to rotate around to other prime warframes, with what ever other goodies they decide should go with it. 

I am planning on getting, at least once, a prime access bundle some time.....dont know when but i will.....maybe for ash or loki prime XD

Edited by QuinnsWing

(no one plays for 90 days straight lol...) 

You don't know me do you? :D ~120 hours in 2 weeks~

Anyway, I don't think the highest pack was worth it, but the second pack was for me. And as someone (relatively) new to warframe, I don't mind the package since "you guys" had the founder packs as well.

You don't know me do you? :D ~120 hours in 2 weeks~

Anyway, I don't think the highest pack was worth it, but the second pack was for me. And as someone (relatively) new to warframe, I don't mind the package since "you guys" had the founder packs as well.

understandable, i would rather get the first pack and farm for ember prime, but the titan extractor is so shiny >_>

If they want to keep things time-exclusive, its a good thing as it keeps people interested and people continue playing.

But over here its a different scenario. I really really want that scarf bad. I have invested a fair amount of time and money in this, which I'm totally cool. The last major game I played was GW2, and that cost $50. The deluxe edition only cost $20 for some consumables and exclusives. Which I think its a fair price for a little extra. But if I want the scarf here, its an outright $140. For people who just started and like the game, its for the hardcore. But for those who have invested in this game before, it makes no sense. Assuming they bring this out at a conservative 4 times a year, that's $600 a year.

The bottom line is simple: Here I am holding to the cash-exclusive in-game currency, but still I have no real buying power.

I think there are a bunch founders pissed they no longer have the be all end all purchase. They thought between Excalibur prime there would be anything with at mountain of plat they coulnt get.

Guess what? This master is happy and is going to slap a scarf on his Exalibur Prime.

Titan Extractor is not just cosmetics And dont think the prime items should be in the market, i never argued for that plz read my post

Titan extractor is not cosmetic but it's almost completely worthless unless they rework how extractors work. WooHoo I waited 4 hours for 5 more detonite ampules to add to my pile of 500, yay? It's absolutely nothing to get worked up about.

As for the scarf, meh. Throw it in the store but charge a huge price (like half the price of the pack). There, now if you only want the scarf you save a bunch of money but it remains fairly exclusive because of high cost.

It should stay but it should be changed. Right now it seems to be a replacement for the founder pack. I understand that DE has to make money but this is just wrong.

If you ask me it should be more of a starter pack. When you join the game, and have some money to spend, you get the newest prime stuff and some plat discount. Sounds alot better than a few mod cards.. right?

Titan reactor prime and Misa Syandana Prime should be sold in market place, i have platinum i want to use. i'm not going to shell out another 140 dollars to get them. I think this is BS, what do you guys think?

Why not make them available for credits then ? :o would make a whole lot more people happier.

Agreed. I bought plat to obtain unobtainable items. The founders pack existed to help development of the game and the Ember prime and future prime releases are completely different.

The tier should be as follows:

Tier 1 - 1050p, ember prime icons., titan and misa,

Tier 2 - 2100p, prime glaive, prime sicarus, ember prime icons., titan and misa,

Tier 3 - 4300p, ember prime, 90 day affinity/credit booster, ember prime icons. prime glaive, prime sicarus, titan and misa.

That way the community can buy the unobtainable items and not destroy the fun of earning the prime weapons and frame. So far you've lost £32 from me and no doubt lost thousands of pounds/dollars from other players.

Titan extractor is not cosmetic but it's almost completely worthless unless they rework how extractors work. WooHoo I waited 4 hours for 5 more detonite ampules to add to my pile of 500, yay? It's absolutely nothing to get worked up about.

As for the scarf, meh. Throw it in the store but charge a huge price (like half the price of the pack). There, now if you only want the scarf you save a bunch of money but it remains fairly exclusive because of high cost.

Ha! Sell the Scarf at $5-10 or better still, with platinum like about 150 during this time period. At least it makes sense. After all, platinum itself is cash-exclusive.

Remember that DE is just like every company and needs money - now that there's no longer Founder's program they may not be getting that money they need. However the difference here is that the Lato, Skana, Excal Prime are not farmable, but these (glaive, ember, sicarus prime) are. It'll be a long time before I spend 50$ on some platinum and a weapon I could get by playing the game.

Ah, but it comes to this: how would you feel if the new prime stuff was exclusive to this? I'd be pretty heart broken if the newest prime was only accessible through money.