Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

Is the prime access a bundle or is it a subrsciption? what I wnat to know is if one gets a "prime access" when it will go in rotation with the new stuff does that already have prime access get the new rotation stuff or is it a one time bundle that will have to be rebought at every new rotation?

Bundle. You re-buy for every rotation.

Is the prime access a bundle or is it a subrsciption? what I wnat to know is if one gets a "prime access" when it will go in rotation with the new stuff does that already have prime access get the new rotation stuff or is it a one time bundle that will have to be rebought at every new rotation?

A bundle. There's nothing that says this is a subscription. If it was a subscription, I'm sure people in the founders program would want in on it. This is a one time transaction for stuff.

When the next prime package comes out, the ember prime package will be retired. If one would want the new prime access package, one would have to pay for that prime package separately.

We should wait give it a bit maybe till Monday see if any Devs enter and respond if not and we are serious about it we should message them and bring more people into giving their opinions and respond and bring more awareness. I also said a secondary bundle that is only exclusive no plat no frame/weapons because there are people out there who didnt buy the founders package but are still on the same level of agreement they don't want the frame/weapons nor play just the exclusive so maybe offer it to those who are founders and have a certain amount of hours put into the game?

Edited by AllanIncubi

Because a ton of people would like to get a prime titan and the syandana (because they are exclusive) but don't feel like paying another $140 on top of their $100 or $250 spent on founder

So what you are saying is that there are some founders want something without paying the listed price for it. People can want what ever they want, but what entitles founders to it? The founders were given an offer with certain rewards and they accepted = they became founders (money paid for platinum and exclusive items and status). If someone didn't think that was a fair deal then maybe they shouldn't have bought the founders package. No where was it stated that if one buys a founders package they get future discounts or free things. If DE started giving future discounts and free things to founders that weren't part of the original deal, non-founders might feel left out and might feel that it's unfair since some of them heard about Warframe after the founders packages ended.

I would like the things in the new packages too without paying because free/discount is nicer than full price but I have no reason to feel entitled or deserving of getting them for a discount or for free because that wasn't part of the original deal I made with DE when I bought a founders package. So what makes founders so special that some feel that they are entitled or deserving of getting more than what the original deal they agreed to?

So what makes founders so special that some feel that they are entitled or deserving of getting more than what the original deal they agreed to?

It's not just founders, it's anyone that's already sitting on a large sum of plat that really doesn't need more, and just wants the exclusives.

Edited by NukaKV

So what you are saying is that there are some founders want something without paying the listed price for it. People can want what ever they want, but what entitles founders to it? The founders were given an offer with certain rewards and they accepted = they became founders (money paid for platinum and exclusive items and status). If someone didn't think that was a fair deal then maybe they shouldn't have bought the founders package. No where was it stated that if one buys a founders package they get future discounts or free things. If DE started giving future discounts and free things to founders that weren't part of the original deal, non-founders might feel left out and might feel that it's unfair since some of them heard about Warframe after the founders packages ended.

I would like the things in the new packages too without paying because free/discount is nicer than full price but I have no reason to feel entitled or deserving of getting them for a discount or for free because that wasn't part of the original deal I made with DE when I bought a founders package. So what makes founders so special that some feel that they are entitled or deserving of getting more than what the original deal they agreed to?

>So what makes founders so special that some feel that they are entitled or deserving of getting more than what the original deal they agreed to?

Since they already put more into the game than some people ever will, $ wise, a little bit of discount doesn't sound too bad.

I know its optional to buy founder or plat in general.. but still 250 bucks and now another 70-120 bucks to get a prime titan and syandana..

I mean cmon be realistic.. thats 380 bucks total for a f2p game.. I could have bought 6 other games with that.

My only question on this would be If you purchase the Flare tier and later decide to "upgrade" to blaze, would you be paying the 80 for that tier or is it like a pay the difference? Same thing regaurding the plat you get. would you get the 1050 on tier one and when you upgrade get an addition 2100 or just the difference? I did grandmasters awhile before it was closed so I didn't think of this back then.

>So what makes founders so special that some feel that they are entitled or deserving of getting more than what the original deal they agreed to?

Since they already put more into the game than some people ever will, $ wise, a little bit of discount doesn't sound too bad.

I know its optional to buy founder or plat in general.. but still 250 bucks and now another 70-120 bucks to get a prime titan and syandana..

I mean cmon be realistic.. thats 380 bucks total for a f2p game.. I could have bought 6 other games with that.

grandmother pls

I will too, but I'm in highschool, so money is kind of an issue, though I am getting a job soon.

Lol, you don't know what money problems are until college and after-college!!  Compared to when I was in college, I was a rich motherf-cker in high school!

Also, if you don't want to shell out $140 bucks for the top one, then don't!  You can get it all in game, and you guys probably don't need the plat anyway.  Stop complaining about prices, it's not game-breaking if you don't get it

Edited by CannaWhoopazz

It's probably been said in the 7 pages before I got here, but these packs replace founders packs.

Players need to understand that there will always be new "exclusive" items that you can only get by dropping another $100++ on the game; that's just a good business model from DE.

The packs are 100% fair because Founders are still Founders, and new players can have their special cookie too.

You could spend your money elsewhere and get more games if you want. What you say about buying is optional is the whole thing. We all chose to buy what we bought or not buy what we didn't buy. Maybe the dilemma is for people who want to be able to collect every item in the game (I don't know).

With the possibility of the daily login discount on platinum, there has to be an incentive to pay "full price" for it. Exclusive items are a simple incentive to encourage that. People who don't care about exclusive items can wait for the login discount if they choose to.

Let's pretend that founders (and people bought a lot of platinum) did get a discount or something so they could get the prime titan and syandana without paying the listed price, what meaningful incentive could DE offer to the other players to encourage them to buy the Prime Packages and without making all founders (not just ones asking for more) feel like their packages now mean nothing? Everyone will want to feel valued and special somehow, so any ideas?

The whole point of this topic is not anymore about using the daily log in discounts nor for free items. We are willing to pay money more so than digital items are worth just some want a secondary option an option that does not involve getting plat, the warframe nor the weapons and only the exclusives. So a secondary bundle around $60 that contains the Ember Prime Icon, Prime Titan, and Misa Syandana Prime $60 is still alot and seeing as this secondary option should only be showed to the founders and maybe other who bought a certain amount of plat. We would be willing to pay that because we still want the game to grow and we are still willing to chuck money at them plus as I said before im sure more founders would buy the $60 pack of exclusives more so than the $140 Prime Access Bundle would bring it.

The Prime Access is still a really good bundle for those who are new or those needing plat but those who are veteran players or have way too much plat they would spend that much for those exclusive so make up the difference by adding that $60 pack you would be earning alot more money and players would show their appreciation by buying the pack and the DE would show their support to the older/founder/people spending lots of money into the game. 

Edited by AllanIncubi

1. Maybe the dilemma is for people who want to be able to collect every item in the game (I don't know).

2. Let's pretend that founders (and people bought a lot of platinum) did get a discount or something so they could get the prime titan and syandana without paying the listed price, what meaningful incentive could DE offer to the other players to encourage them to buy the Prime Packages and without making all founders (not just ones asking for more) feel like their packages now mean nothing? Everyone will want to feel valued and special somehow, so any ideas?

1. Why do you think every master / grandmaster founder is complaining right now? They also have 3-9k plat to spend and most don't want another 4000 nor pay another 140 bucks for a simple titan and a syandana.

2. First off they could take the prime titan and the syandana out ( or release them on a lower level lets say 10-20 bucks with xxx plat )

Second they should release the prime access pack how it should be, ember prime, sicarus prime, glaive prime maybe a few boosters and or void key packs and of course some plat. It should be more of a starter pack for someone who just began, more than a founder is gone lets replace it asap and forget about the regular buy plat page which has 3 S#&$ty mods in it.jpg

Players need to understand that there will always be new "exclusive" items that you can only get by dropping another $100++ on the game; that's just a good business model from DE.

Might want to check the definition of "good business" ... if I'd had the inkling that DE was going to go the route of actually believing that it is COMPLETELY reasonable to expect people to want to spend over $100 bucks on a game every couple of months or so I would certainly never have defended their business up to that point nor would I have been so willing to give them a dime of my money. That's just crap, plain and simple and I'm really more than a bit disappointed.

seriously?! 

OMG...

I was planning on getting every exclusive item in game but if they will release one for 140$ per update I won't vbe able to keep up...

I hope they will just retain the same syandana... >_<

Official answers would also be appreciated.

$140 packs per prime?

Well shiz, I'll need to make sure I bust my butt with overtime to afford all this stuff!

Seriously though - official answers on what will be kept and what wont be would be appreciated :)

Might want to check the definition of "good business" ... if I'd had the inkling that DE was going to go the route of actually believing that it is COMPLETELY reasonable to expect people to want to spend over $100 bucks on a game every couple of months or so I would certainly never have defended their business up to that point nor would I have been so willing to give them a dime of my money. That's just crap, plain and simple and I'm really more than a bit disappointed.

It's a skin, dude. 100% cosmetic. It has absolutely 0 impact on the game!

They didn't add Detron, they added fluff.

1. Why do you think every master / grandmaster founder is complaining right now? They also have 3-9k plat to spend and most don't want another 4000 nor pay another 140 bucks for a simple titan and a syandana.

2. First off they could take the prime titan and the syandana out ( or release them on a lower level lets say 10-20 bucks with xxx plat )

Second they should release the prime access pack how it should be, ember prime, sicarus prime, glaive prime maybe a few boosters and or void key packs and of course some plat. It should be more of a starter pack for someone who just began, more than a founder is gone lets replace it asap and forget about the regular buy plat page which has 3 S#&$ty mods in it.jpg

1) I'm sorry that you got the impression that I think every master and grand master is complaining. That wasn't my intention and that is why I used the word "some" and I also only used the words "founder" or "founders" and never specify their level. So what did I write that gave you the impression that I think that every master and grand master founder is complaining?

2) I asked the question in an attempt to have the discussion go in a productive route rather than it be a back and forth debate that goes nowhere. In your suggested solution are you saying DE should eliminate the regular platinum page or keep it? I'm not clear on what you are trying to say.

I still believe there should an another package for just the exclusives anyway a poll would be nice, more awareness and asking the Devs themselves. Maybe just maybe if most founders and high plat buyers agree to a purely exclusive bundle for what the Devs would deem fair, 50-60 dollars hopefully, maybe they would consider it and implement it.

It's probably been said in the 7 pages before I got here, but these packs replace founders packs.

The packs are 100% fair because Founders are still Founders, and new players can have their special cookie too.

"Good" is a relative term based on one's opinion so there really is no absolute model for "good business." If anyone has either built one or multiple profitable businesses with happy customers or ran a profitable business with happy customers, they have ground to stand on when talking about business models and such. Everyone else can only give opinions and feedback on what they want and don't want. Have either of you build or ran such businesses in the past or currently?

Edited by BlazeJefferson

I still believe there should an another package for just the exclusives anyway a poll would be nice, more awareness and asking the Devs themselves. Maybe just maybe if most founders and high plat buyers agree to a purely exclusive bundle for what the Devs would deem fair, 50-60 dollars hopefully, maybe they would consider it and implement it.

That would at least open up a dialogue for a productive discussion that could result in something to happen instead of complaining, arguing or just commenting with opinions. It could still result in things staying the way that they currently are. Unless we know DE's intentions/goals and business model for Warframe in detail, we don't have a full picture of how this version of free to play works. Therefore we don't have a full picture of the consequences of any changes being suggested.