The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

Which is why I wouldn't mind if the Devs considered a secondary option that bundled those Exclusive only items at around $50 :3 man im sounding like a broken record.

Also im one of those people who love to collect so this does mean more to me than some but I am trying to find a reasonable ground for Founders, Devs, and fellow Tenno so those who want these exclusives can be given the choice to get them and only them.

Edited by AllanIncubi

I don't mean to be rude, but I find it appalling to see this kind of toxic energy coming from a moderator.

You may see it as just a "blingy scarf", but other players may find it a bit more appealing than you do.

Some players derive great enjoyment from cosmetic items- the addition of syndanas and skins have made the game a lot more exciting for me, as I love having a lot of options for cosmetics in games. The Misa Syndana Prime happens to be a beautiful cosmetic item- and I totally understand why a lot of people are upset over it. I also totally get Prime Access, and I'm rather indifferent about the whole thing myself. I'd love the syndana, but I'm not up in arms over it.

What I'm really trying to get at, though, is that some players are missing out on these items- the collectors who would love to have that drone, or the fashionistas of Warframe that would love to rock that syndana. I feel that it's wrong to declare that these items are nothing to be missed, as clearly they are for some of the playerbase.

ya i do feel you on that one but knowing me i'm just gonna buy it even though i did wanted to farm with my clan for the new prime gear

I don't mean to be rude, but I find it appalling to see this kind of toxic energy coming from a moderator.

You may see it as just a "blingy scarf", but other players may find it a bit more appealing than you do.

wq1dva1.jpg

I own the pack. Have the Syandana. I like it quite a bit. But it is still a blinged out scarf. Not much more then that. It is less 'being toxic' and more 'pointing out the obvious'.

But don't worry. I get what you're saying. No offense taken.

Some players derive great enjoyment from cosmetic items- the addition of syndanas and skins have made the game a lot more exciting for me, as I love having a lot of options for cosmetics in games. The Misa Syndana Prime happens to be a beautiful cosmetic item- and I totally understand why a lot of people are upset over it. I also totally get Prime Access, and I'm rather indifferent about the whole thing myself. I'd love the syndana, but I'm not up in arms over it.

What I'm really trying to get at, though, is that some players are missing out on these items- the collectors who would love to have that drone, or the fashionistas of Warframe that would love to rock that syndana. I feel that it's wrong to declare that these items are nothing to be missed, as clearly they are for some of the playerbase.

I understand having the collectors itch whenever something fancy comes out. Really, I do. I had the same "Oh christ, I really want that." reaction as anyone else.

But I understand the truth about that tendency. About that part of how I interact with games. It is the same itch that drives most people in Collectible Trading Card Games. I also know and understand that scratching that itch is and always will be expensive. Collectors need an open wallet in the F2P market.

Yes. It does kinda suck that some items will always be out of reach in regards to normal gameplay. though I've had the good fortune in my time with the game to be able to collect many of the limited edition weapons. But this sort of thing is part of how DE makes their money. Luckily, only two of the items are truly Exclusive to the pack.

"To buy, or not to buy" is the big question. I feel the answer really lies in you deciding how much you value scratching the collectors itch. There are plenty of perks to the pack. 4k plat is nothing to scoff at in combination with the rest of it.

Many people would complain about the price. I don't mind this.

Many people would complain about "exclusivity". I don't care about that.

Most of the current set up is fine, but the trouble comes in when the ask for another $140, $80, or $50 every time the next prime access items come out.

From what I've gathered so far you have to keep paying for the new packages instead of buying one package, and keep receiving new prime items. I can understand this, but we can't really keep buying these packages over, and over again. At the same time if we only pay once it's not very profitable for DE.

I think there just needs to be a compromise.

Suggestions?

Edited by dreampuke

Those who purchase the original Prime access should get discounted prime access in the future? And those who pay the full price for say the next prime access if they missed this one will receive the benefit after the intial lump sum. Seems fair to me.

Optimus Prime package: Contains large amounts of platinum and grants all items(perhaps even just the unique items) that become available on Prime Access. this means you'll automatically get all the neat little items that come in the next prime package, without needing to buy another prime package, however you obviously don't get anymore platinum.

Clearly it'd be somewhere around the grand master range in terms of pricing.

Edited by Krovakon

Optimus Prime package: Contains large amounts of platinum and grants all items(perhaps even just the unique items) that become available on Prime Access. this means you'll automatically get all the neat little items that come in the next prime package, without needing to buy another prime package, however you obviously don't get anymore platinum.

Clearly it'd be somewhere around the grand master range in terms of pricing.

Kind of like a season pass?

Those who purchase the original Prime access should get discounted prime access in the future? And those who pay the full price for say the next prime access if they missed this one will receive the benefit after the intial lump sum. Seems fair to me.

DE has never been too keen on the idea of discounts, and the only exception has been the log in rewards.

Otherwise pretty good idea.

Edited by dreampuke

I understand having the collectors itch whenever something fancy comes out. Really, I do. I had the same "Oh christ, I really want that." reaction as anyone else.

But I understand the truth about that tendency. About that part of how I interact with games. It is the same itch that drives most people in Collectible Trading Card Games. I also know and understand that scratching that itch is and always will be expensive. Collectors need an open wallet in the F2P market.

Yes. It does kinda suck that some items will always be out of reach in regards to normal gameplay. though I've had the good fortune in my time with the game to be able to collect many of the limited edition weapons. But this sort of thing is part of how DE makes their money. Luckily, only two of the items are truly Exclusive to the pack.

"To buy, or not to buy" is the big question. I feel the answer really lies in you deciding how much you value scratching the collectors itch. There are plenty of perks to the pack. 4k plat is nothing to scoff at in combination with the rest of it.

Yeah, most definitely. ^^ 

I've played a lot of card games myself, and I've totally dumped hundreds of dollars into deck building, so.

I also recently sold my last part of said collection to pick up the $80 Prime Access for my girlfriend (she loves Ember!)

I don't think DE should change or abolish Prime Access- it is, indeed, a method of making money so they can continue to provide us content for the game, as we know. I was merely feeling for the people that can't afford it and really like the items- I think it's less of a problem that the items are exclusive, and more of the impending sadface when the exclusives disappear. People hate missing out on them, because they're special, and people want to feel like they're special, or on top. Heck, I wouldn't have bought my Master Founder's package if that weren't the case. ^^

As much as I want the pack, I'm forced to be frugal and hold off on it, as I know I have other expenses (well, I'm sure a lot of us do :P) that are coming up that are, in my case, more important than the syndana. I can only hope that it will still be around when I can afford to pick it up. :3

Edited by deadwingxx

Well this guy is getting pissed on, so I will just put this straight.

This is not a founder 2.0, its more a Pay to Get thing. You can pay to get stuff like in the marked. BUT the higher you go, the more stuff you will get, like some exclusives to the paying people, like the Titan Drone Prime and the Primed Syandana.  This is nothing close to Founders, its a way of saying that "This is our work, we need money, and if you want, we can throw in some extra goodies for you" Its a good thing.

So Founders it is not. If you have played Mechwarrior Online, you should know what it means to be a founder and then get pissed on by other packs. Its a horrible thing, but this is not.

Move the Misa Syandana scarf and all future exclusive content to Tier One of the Prime Access, along with the icons and titan prime. Then remove the glaive and sicarus to tier two and higher. Problem solved.

Founders and people who want to earn the weapons are able to buy the exclusives without ruining their game by purchasing the weapons. Keeping the exclusives in Tier three is a clear money grabbing exploit of the community in a game where they're making a very healthy profit.

It's a real F you to the community.

The Greedy milk business model.

DE - hey do you like playing warframe?

community - I sure do!

DE - Well here's instant access to all the new prime gear!

community - But I actually want to play the game and earn those prime pieces with friends.

DE - Oh you do, mmmm (starts rubbing nipples) well we've put exclusive content in the package.

community - Is it Tier 1?

DE - Nope, its Tier 3, dont you want it? (nipple rubbing intensifies)

community - But I already bought plat and the founders package so I could obtain unobtainable items.

DE - Mmmm that's too bad.. Mmm yeah you'll need to spend £91 (group nipple rubbing commences)

community - Please be gentle, I like to get kissed before i get...

If you want all the exclusive content that DE releases you can expect to pay £273 a year (three prime releases a year). The tier three reward should exist for those new or wanting/needing plat. It shouldn't exist to rob your community.

Edited by Blowfist

If you want to wear fancy Italian designer clothes, you have to pay for fancy Italian designer clothes. 

Also the drone isn't really super awesome. It collects twice the amount of materials, but considering you can't choose what it picks up, all I've been getting are useless nano spores and crap. Oh and it dies just as fast anyway so it's not super special. I won't be using it. At all. Ever.

If you want to wear fancy Italian designer clothes, you have to pay for fancy Italian designer clothes. 

Also the drone isn't really super awesome. It collects twice the amount of materials, but considering you can't choose what it picks up, all I've been getting are useless nano spores and crap. Oh and it dies just as fast anyway so it's not super special. I won't be using it. At all. Ever.

Basically DE is exploiting people's desire to collect exclusive items by charging a extortionate fee by putting it in Tier Three not Tier One.

I'm looking forward to the future livestreams, it's going to be a bloodbath.