Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

The scarf is the only exclusive item in the bundle which gives no stat bonuses at all, its purely cosmetic. It in no way affect your gaming experience with Warframe

I also think you disregard the amount of plat you get with that bundle

There is nothing to buy with that plat. I've already paid DE upwards of US$150. Best cosmetic to date, is behind another US$140 payment.

If you can't afford the exclusives, don't... It's like economy cars vs luxury cars. If you can't afford a $60k BMW, don't buy it. You still get to places with your $15k car....

It's more like buying that 60k car everything 2 to 3 months with dirty laundry in it everytime. (meaning unnecessary crap each time you buy it)

but it is a bundle... called prime access...

What happened to the idea of not being able to cheat your way by spending money on primes?.... Mag, Frost and most of the weapon primes still need to be farmed... I guess DE wants less people to do void runs since the drop rates for those new primes are ridiculously low.

The problem is there is nothing to buy with plat..

And when they release cool stuff its exclusive behind a $140 paywall

Release more cool cosmetic items on the market so I can spend my plat!

Seriously.. What is there to buy? When you got all the frames(with all of them potatoed), all the skins, scarves, helmets, colors, sentinels with all their cosmetics and also potatoed.... WITH all their desired weapons potatoed as well, your primary, secondary and melee also all potatoed and buying their exclusive weapon skins. You got all the formas/potatoes you needed to use.....what the hell else is there to buy??? Mods from the trade chat??

The Only thing to do is really just wait for new updates. They just released the Cernos Bow, Dual kamas, and Aklex.

Edited by Magnagar88

Some logic.  So people who want one useless fluff item are greedy, but the folks charging 140 bucks for it are not?

Haven't logged into this game for 2 months now.  People like you are part of the reason.

Oh boy lol whys that exactly?

I disagree, you dont need it you just want it, you could happily ignore it and continue playing the game. My post was directed at people feeling entitled to discounts because they bought founders. (Which clearly excludes you) At no point did DE mention that buying the Founders Package would net you future entitlement to exclusives/deals or such.

I personally dont feel the Prime Access is steep.They need to give people incentive to purchase the tier 3 package so why not throw in a fancy item as a thank you if they do? I think people are completely overlooking/not realizing that it's just DE's way of thanking people that are willing to give them their hard earned cash. The scarf is simply an incentive and thank you..

I would like to inform all that I  mentioned awhile back, when I said I would message the Dev, I have messaged them and they HAVE been checking out what you guys post. I see this topic going in circles now but thankfully no arguing but ill say again we should try to form a consensus on what future Prime Access will be about. The changes we want WONT be applied to this current prime access so we should discuss the most agreed upon options so we look uniformed and and help the devs see a clearer state that we would like to see future Prime Access. We clearly dont want those Prime items as we would prefer to farm and gather them outself instead of having it spoon fed to us. I have not taken participation in this topic for some time but I still see and have read the general idea would be the following:

1) Ability to pick and chose what we want in the Prime Access packs.

2) A 4th tier that only has the exclusives (no platinum/Prime Frame nor Prime Weapons)

3) Allow cosmetics to be purchased for platinum in a short limited time (maybe half the time the Prime Access is available?)

4) Adding the cosmetics in all tiers? (high disagree with this one)

We should be discussing which out of those 4, the price, and availability to whom? I currently still feel strongly about the 4th tier in all Prime Access packs that can be purchased at $50 that contains no cosmetics/Prime Frame/Prime weapons just those current exclusive cosmetics. This tier will be available to all founders and those who have spent a certain amount of time and money in the game, those who spent money on the game are founders at heart, and those who have bought the highest tier of ANY Prime Access should be allowed the option to the 4th tier. The reason why I don't believe it should be for all right off the back would be the same reason and idea behind putting cosmetics in the higher tier. It would be an incentive to get those to become founders at heart and spend a certain amount of money in the game thus future supporting the Devs and Warframe. $50 is not alot every 2-3 months it still shows we have HIGH hopes for the game and do wish to donate money and earn the cosmetics. The lowest it should be is $40 but not $5-25 because the purpose of those cosmetics being in the higher tiers is to try to get people to BUY them.

Please try to focus on those topics to make it easier on the devs and show that we have the idea. we planned it out and we would love to see it implemented instead of going around in circles like a dog chasing its tail. After the general consensus on the idea we want is sorted we can discuss the refinement of it. Looks better when we work together and the majority agree upon one or two things.

The Idea of having those exclusives sold on the market for a limited amount of time, half that which the prime access at the time is being sold, is also a good idea and it should be left at a limited time but these cosmetic items aren't going to be cheap to begin with and there would be arguments on that. Don't forget we want to offer as much support in terms of bug checking and money to help encourage the growth and development of this game in which we love so much. 

There are up and downsides to all points in my opinion being:

1) This seems good and has been suggested by plenty of players. I think that it would be important to keep a tier system in it  instead of making the whole choose

opt and buy as you like. There needs to some degree of exclusitivity to the items. The question becomes tho. WHAT determines the tiers in this case.

Platinum?, not all players want platinum ( i.e founders) , But not all players want ingame content so that might not be the best option ether. In my opinion this is still the best option. it just needs to be worked out.

2)To me this seems ok. But not ideal ether all exclusives for one price in one tier. I would buy it but Somehow the scarf would not seem so exclusive anymore. 50$ is rather cheap for a pack of exclusive And like option it would still need you to directly pay. And somehow it feels a lot like option 4 and i loathe option 4

3) After some thinking this seems like the best option. it enables players that absolutely have no cash earn it by trading the plat ingame(trough means of dedication) But in the end someone pays for it and DE gets their money. If items would be up in the store players can buy the tiers with cash. people that dont like the bundle could simply buy them with plat.

The only problem would be determining the worth in platinum. In my opinion the scarf should be worth 40$ in platinum becouse it is so exclusive. But with vouchers and bundles determing a fair price for it seems tough.

IF this option wins wich I hope it does. price accordingly to keep things exclusive and for a limited time. three days at the start of the bundle, and thee days near the end of the bundle seems good to me.

4)I think this would bypass the entire idea of the prime access bundles. It feels like a ripoff for the people who would buy the most expensive bundle.

So in the end i would opt for option 3)

Oh boy lol whys that exactly?

I disagree, you dont need it you just want it, you could happily ignore it and continue playing the game. My post was directed at people feeling entitled to discounts because they bought founders. (Which clearly excludes you) At no point did DE mention that buying the Founders Package would net you future entitlement to exclusives/deals or such.

I personally dont feel the Prime Access is steep.They need to give people incentive to purchase the tier 3 package so why not throw in a fancy item as a thank you if they do? I think people are completely overlooking/not realizing that it's just DE's way of thanking people that are willing to give them their hard earned cash. The scarf is simply an incentive and thank you..

Sure your absolutely correct! But what about the tier one? How come there's no thank you item there?? Aww is $50 not enough for DE to give gratitude???

Customer Tier 1- Hey DE! I wanna buy the new prime weapons and some platinum!! Here is $50!

DE - Ya sure >_>

Customer Tier 2 - Hey DE! Just for 30 more bucks I can get Ember Prime, her Icons and the Titan??? Ya!! Here's $80

DE - Ya no problem... Hey did you know that Titan is Gold?

Customer Tier 2 - Ya? But it's not doin much different then the regular extractor?....

DE - It's Gold and reusable!! 

Customer Tier 3 - Hmmm... Soooo.... I get 90 day boosters and this Misa Syandana for another $60 more......hmmmm, okay here's $140

DE - THANKS! You like that cool scarf? Wasn't it worth it only for $140?? Your lucky because its actually worth $380!!

Customer Tier 3 - Hell ya it's worth it!! I got a good deal HOLY S**T $380 discounted to $140?? That's a steal! I support you DE!! Even if I have to move into a shack behind my parent's house it's wonderful to know that you guys rule! Keep up the good work and ill help keep those jealous greedy posters off the forums!!

Edited by Magnagar88

Sure your absolutely correct! But what about the tier one? How come there's no thank you item there?? Aww is $50 not enough for DE to give gratitude???

Customer Tier 1- Hey DE! I wanna buy the new prime weapons and some platinum!! Here is $50!

DE - Ya sure >_>

Customer Tier 2 - Hey DE! Just for 30 more bucks and I can get Ember Prime and the Titan??? Ya!! Here's $80

DE - Ya no problem... Hey did you know that Titan is Gold?

Customer Tier 2 - Ya? But it's not doin much different then the regular extractor....

DE - It's gold and reusable!!

Customer Tier 3 - Hmmm... Soooo.... I get 90 boosters and this Misa Syandana for another $60 more......hmmmm, okay here's $140

DE - THANKS! You like that cool scarf? Wasn't it worth it only for $140?? Your lucky because its actually worth $380!!

Customer Tier 3 - Hell ya it's worth it!! I got a good deal HOLY S**T $380 discounted to $140?? That's a steal! I support you DE!! Even if I have to move into a shack behind my parent's house it's wonderful to know that you guys rule! Keep up the good work and ill help keep those jealous greedy posters off the forums!!

Firstly, the Gold Titan Extractor HAS MORE CAPACITY, meaning, LARGER AMOUNT.

Secondly, the items were not the only things that seperate the packs, it's also the the bonus platinum. You get more than DOUBLE the platinum + exclusive beautiful item withouth having to pay DOUBLE the price. You can say the Inferno's price is nearly double the Blaze's price, but I think it's reasonable enough.

Firstly, the Gold Titan Extractor HAS MORE CAPACITY, meaning, LARGER AMOUNT.

Secondly, the items were not the only things that seperate the packs, it's also the the bonus platinum. You get more than DOUBLE the platinum + exclusive beautiful item withouth having to pay DOUBLE the price. You can say the Inferno's price is nearly double the Blaze's price, but I think it's reasonable enough.

If you look at the Platinum store... for 4300 platinum its normally $200. Yes the inferno bundle is waaaay better then the Platinum Store's. But then again...if your talking about Platinum you can just wait for the login reward for the 50% $100 off or 75% $150 off coupons and get it that way, but FRIG THAT right?...

The "Gold Titan Extractor" has double the capacity....Meh really? I can make 100 times more mats in one 30 minute survival run then that thing can do in 4 hours. Do you really think it benefits that much? It might later if they update it but I totally doubt it.

If you look at the Platinum store... for 4300 platinum its normally $200. Yes the inferno bundle is waaaay better then the Platinum Store's. But then again...if your talking about Platinum you can just wait for the login reward for the 50% $100 off or 75% $150 off coupons and get it that way, but FRIG THAT right?...

The "Gold Titan Extractor" has double the capacity....Meh really? I can make 100 times more mats in one 30 minute survival run then that thing can do in 4 hours. Do you really think it benefits that much? It might later if they update it but I totally doubt it.

Well does the 75% off coupon also get you Prime warframe and weapons and 90-day boosters and exclusive items?

Edited by The_Markie

Well does the 75% off coupon also get you Prime warframe and weapons and 90-day boosters and exclusive items?

No it does not, but you mentioned Platinum so again... Yes inferno is a WAAAAAY better choice then $200 just for platinum.. If your goal is about obtaining only platinum, 75% off for 4300 play is hell of a lot better deal. If your goal is getting prime gear, then prime access is for you. 2 totally different things.

Edited by Magnagar88

No it doesn't not, but you mentioned Platinum so again... Yes inferno is a WAAAAAY better choice then $200 just for platinum.. If your goal is about obtaining only platinum, 75% off for 4300 play is hell of a lot better deal. If your goal is getting prime gear, then prime access is for you. 2 totally different things.

I'm just saying that Prime Access opens up a choice for the players, it may not be better than directly purchasing platinum, but it does (maybe not 100%) give people what they've spent for.

I now own the glaive prime, the sicarus prime and the ember prime from farming. I would like to own the titan extractor and pimp prime christmas scarf but why would I spend £91 for other items that are utterly useless to me.

Had DE put the exclusives in tier one they would of already made money from me, instead they make none. Why DE, why do you not want my money?

Cheap...? $50 is enough to buy a complete game.

And it's the Steam summer sale now, go find me games which are above that price.

There are plenty of f2p games where something as trivial as a mount cost something along those lines. And those are usualy on sale all year round.

So no for a set of items that are exclusive for a limited time frame to never get any other way to be obtained, no 50$ is not much

@Malacheska Thank you for being the only one to read what I have typed and actually stick to it. As I said we need to look like we are agreeing on what we want and refine it, not all agree that the Prime Access sucks and we want change. We need to group up and decide what we need and want as a change. Three things I have read throughout the entire 50 pages that were mentioned the most are the following:

2) A 4th tier that only has the exclusives (no platinum/Prime Frame nor Prime Weapons)

3) Allow cosmetics to be purchased for platinum in a short limited time (maybe half the time the Prime Access is available?)

Option 2 and 3 seems, to me, as the best approach so please can we just vote, agree, and refine these options. The Developers HAVE looked at this thread and read them BEFORE so many topics were put into one. This is talking about an alternative way to be able to purchase those exclusives so we do not wish to tamper with the Prime Access as they are a good deal in saving money and supporting the dev for the platinum its worth and the weapons/frames are good for those newer to the game. Please give your opinion on those three and make them as detailed as you would like. The more info you input the more we can work on refining our idea together as a community.

text.txt

No, no, no. You're the one misunderstanding here. The scarf is used as an indicator on how much money you've spent at once (or in separate payments, which both programs have allowed), much like the founders badge. That's why I used the example. Putting the scarf in a separate, cheaper pack (pay close attention to these next few words) defeats the point of it.

I guess a separate pack that was still the price of inferno but only gave the scarf would be acceptable, since you seem to not want discounts after all. But then there's the fact that you can...

Sell the ember prime, glaive prime, sicarus prime, and extractor BP if you honestly care about farming the items that much. Except the extractor. Might as well keep that useless piece of junk.

Once again, I ask you to take a step back, and realize you're doing all of this over a virtual scarf. Simply referring to the scenario as such to any sane person would net you odd looks, laughter, and worried stares.

Edit: As for your comment on "moving into a shack behind your parents house" just because you spent money on this, you realize you can save up little-by-little over time and eventually use the savings to purchase what you want? It's expensive as hell, but hey, you don't walk into a fancy restaurant and expect a discount on the 3-course seafood buffet just because you are poor.

Edited by Nitresco

I would like to inform all that I  mentioned awhile back, when I said I would message the Dev, I have messaged them and they HAVE been checking out what you guys post. I see this topic going in circles now but thankfully no arguing but ill say again we should try to form a consensus on what future Prime Access will be about. The changes we want WONT be applied to this current prime access so we should discuss the most agreed upon options so we look uniformed and and help the devs see a clearer state that we would like to see future Prime Access. We clearly dont want those Prime items as we would prefer to farm and gather them outself instead of having it spoon fed to us. I have not taken participation in this topic for some time but I still see and have read the general idea would be the following:

4) Adding the cosmetics in all tiers? (high disagree with this one)

We should be discussing which out of those 4, the price, and availability to whom? I currently still feel strongly about the 4th tier in all Prime Access packs that can be purchased at $50 that contains no cosmetics/Prime Frame/Prime weapons just those current exclusive cosmetics. This tier will be available to all founders and those who have spent a certain amount of time and money in the game, those who spent money on the game are founders at heart, and those who have bought the highest tier of ANY Prime Access should be allowed the option to the 4th tier. The reason why I don't believe it should be for all right off the back would be the same reason and idea behind putting cosmetics in the higher tier. It would be an incentive to get those to become founders at heart and spend a certain amount of money in the game thus future supporting the Devs and Warframe. $50 is not alot every 2-3 months it still shows we have HIGH hopes for the game and do wish to donate money and earn the cosmetics. The lowest it should be is $40 but not $5-25 because the purpose of those cosmetics being in the higher tiers is to try to get people to BUY them.

Please try to focus on those topics to make it easier on the devs and show that we have the idea. we planned it out and we would love to see it implemented instead of going around in circles like a dog chasing its tail. After the general consensus on the idea we want is sorted we can discuss the refinement of it. Looks better when we work together and the majority agree upon one or two things.

The Idea of having those exclusives sold on the market for a limited amount of time, half that which the prime access at the time is being sold, is also a good idea and it should be left at a limited time but these cosmetic items aren't going to be cheap to begin with and there would be arguments on that. Don't forget we want to offer as much support in terms of bug checking and money to help encourage the growth and development of this game in which we love so much. 

My opinion on how future Prime packages should be handled

1) I like this option the best I think. It is the most fair. But it is also the least "bundle"-like option, so maybe make it so that you, for example, need to spend a minimum of 30$ of items from the choices of the bundle to actually be able to purchase anything. Like, say Ember Prime costs 20$, Glaive Costs 10$, Syandana costs 20$ etc. You now have to pick and choose from those bundle-options, but only until you have selected items that costs at least 30$ in total can you make a purchase from the Prime Access stuff. That seems very, very reasonable to me! (And, I think that various amounts of Platinum should be part of those options. We don't all need so much Platinum *Founders cough cough*)

2) Seems ok, but also kinda boring. I like option 1 better because then I could (for example) buy everything except the Platinum (which is where the biggest cost comes in, and which is the least desirable part of the bundle for someone like me who already has tons of Platinum, being Founder). So yeah, I would be totally ok with this option, but it's not the most preferrable one for me.

3) Change "allow cosmetics" to "allow EXCLUSIVES" and I would be ok with this option. Otherwise a clear NO from me. (This is because I actually dislike the whole concept of exclusives in the first place).

4) I dunno, feels uninspired to do this one. The problem (for me) is not the cosmetics, it's the EXCLUSIVES. If all exclusives were in all tiers, I would accept it, but people would probably not like that option (since some people, for whatever reason, seem to LIKE the concept of exclusives...)

So in the end, I'd say my vote goes to #1

Extra note: I think that Exclusives that can be accessed only through monetary purchases actually is ok, but ONLY if those purchases has NO TIMELIMIT on when you can buy them! Otherwise I consider them far too evil (as they promote Impulse purchases) That's one of the main things I hate about DE's handling of their market!

(For example, I think that the Founder's Packages should STILL be accessable to this day, and forever in the future too!)

Edited by Azamagon

this game seems to be leading to P2P more and more in my opinion...while FARMING is a waste of time now....

FARMING......<===== wasn't it said that this game was not suppose to lead to

Ember Prime parts are at a very low percentage of drop rate as well as the other Primes like the Orthos Prime Blades <====farming

While Forma has to much Drop Rate percentage..... <====farming

Edited by edryuu

I would really like to see a Prime Access deal which is actually just the access of prime gear not 1000-what not platinum. Spending 140 bucks to get like 4000 platinum that I don't even want feels pretty darn unnecessary.

Specially when you have to pay another 140 bucks each update to get access to the new Prime Packs, just for the so called "exclusives"...By the end of a year, you will have paid more for warframe than you would ever for any P2P game...

But i'm really doubtful DE will ever hear us...even tho Sheldon said he were going to talk with the team, so who knows...

Edited by SaintLucifer

Once again, I ask you to take a step back, and realize you're doing all of this over a virtual scarf. Simply referring to the scenario as such to any sane person would net you odd looks, laughter, and worried stares.

Edit: As for your comment on "moving into a shack behind your parents house" just because you spent money on this, you realize you can save up little-by-little over time and eventually use the savings to purchase what you want? It's expensive as hell, but hey, you don't walk into a fancy restaurant and expect a discount on the 3-course seafood buffet just because you are poor.

Once again, I ask you to take a step back and think about all the games and computer hardware you could buy for the price of bullS#&$ virtual cosmetic trinkets in Warfarm.  The sane part of your mind would give you odd looks, laughter, and worried stares.

Grand Master Founder Pack ($250) + Prime Access ($140) = $390

Me, I'd rather get a GTX 680.

Edited by niekaa

I don't understand why these threads exist. Ninety days of double boost and the plat alone blows away the value of any other pack to date. Even if you take out the days you don't play and just count it as one three day boost per weekend or some other reasonable estimate, this pack still ANNIHILATES the value of anything else. The syandana is just gravy. Epic gold glowy gravy.