Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

I happen to like the Prime Access offer because it allows me to support this game financially and get some in-game items that I consider to be very helpful & valuable.

However, before the Prime Access program started - I would often buy a new non-prime weapon/warframe whenever it was first presented in the Market.  Now, I feel that I have a disincentive to purchase non-prime weapons/warframes because they might appear later in a future Prime Access offer.

For example, several months ago, I purchased the Glaive with Platinum in the Market because it looked like a weapon I might enjoy.  I spent time & Forma leveling it up & polarizing it.  But now I also have purchased a Glaive Prime as part of the most recent Prime Access offer.  This makes me feel that my initial purchase of the Glaive (as well as time & Forma spent leveling it up) was a COMPLETE WASTE OF MY TIME & EFFORT.

Therefore, I will most likely not be purchasing anymore non-prime weapons/warframes.

Anyone else feel the same way?

I happen to like the Prime Access offer because it allows me to support this game financially and get some in-game items that I consider to be very helpful & valuable.

However, before the Prime Access program started - I would often buy a new non-prime weapon/warframe whenever it was first presented in the Market.  Now, I feel that I have a disincentive to purchase non-prime weapons/warframes because they might appear later in a future Prime Access offer.

For example, several months ago, I purchased the Glaive with Platinum in the Market because it looked like a weapon I might enjoy.  I spent time & Forma leveling it up & polarizing it.  But now I also have purchased a Glaive Prime as part of the most recent Prime Access offer.  This makes me feel that my initial purchase of the Glaive (as well as time & Forma spent leveling it up) was a COMPLETE WASTE OF MY TIME & EFFORT.

Therefore, I will most likely not be purchasing anymore non-prime weapons/warframes.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Well honestly I don't feel the same way about Glaive and Glaive Prime.  I like both weapons very much, even though they are the same stat wise.  It's an aesthetic thing and just additional mastery to me.  I take my forma'd regular Glaive out, when I'm not using a "prime" set of weapons, etc.

While I get your point about time invested, the flip side of that argument is that if we take away all of the gameplay needed to power up/forma your gear what else would there be left to do?

Well honestly I don't feel the same way about Glaive and Glaive Prime.  I like both weapons very much, even though they are the same stat wise.  It's an aesthetic thing and just additional mastery to me.  I take my forma'd regular Glaive out, when I'm not using a "prime" set of weapons, etc.

While I get your point about time invested, the flip side of that argument is that if we take away all of the gameplay needed to power up/forma your gear what else would there be left to do?

The complaint was not that there should not be forma/power up, but that he/she would not be, and feels foolish for, wasting time on such things when the release of an intrinsically better item is guaranteed.

The complaint was not that there should not be forma/power up, but that he/she would not be, and feels foolish for, wasting time on such things when the release of an intrinsically better item is guaranteed.

This is a problem with prime items and weapon releases in general, not prime access.

• 2 weeks later...

INB4 Slow-Poke/They need Money to Support Themselves/Cosmetic-***Hat/Excessive Capitalization/Dumb Idea.

I was looking into Prime Access for the Holidays. $80 for Glaive, Sicarus, Ember, Avatars, and Titan Extractor. Now... $140 for all that + the Scarf. Deduct the Boosters. It's absurd. So I have two things to ask of DE Themselves.

Can we make the Prime Access Blaze (Or a Different Holiday Package Entirely) $100 Total with the Scarf for the same Amount of Platinum? (2100) If not, I ask. Will there ever be a New Prime Scarf? The Answer will Decide my Choice. I only want the Glaive, Ember, Scarf, Titan Extractor, and Certain Amount of Platinum. Not the Boosters, Avatars, or Sicarus.

Edited by Valkyrie9001

Yeah, with the luck in the Voids for Ember Prime, might as well turn your money into pennies. And pay them with the time you'd spend farming all of it. With all the things they pour into the Voids makes getting pieces that you really want damned near impossible. Which is why I've taken a break from Warframe. I dig the direction of the game, and it's availability to build how you like but the chance involved + luck really sucks at the moment. I'd pour out more money to this if it were worth it. but I can't justify the price tag. though 6 month boosts is kinda- nice.

What your mostly paying for is the Platinum. You pay like £140 for all that beautiful Plat, Ember, Glaive and Sicarus, the Misa, NINETY DAY! affinity AND credit booster, AND a titan PRIME extractor. Its pretty good tbh
Considering that 7 days is 80 plat, so just ONE booster alone comes to 1028 platinum for 90 days, then another will make it 2056. Thats already £66 right there.

THEN you're getting an additional 4300 platinum which is worth £130 on its own
THEN! You get an exclusive Syandana and a Titan Prime Extractor reusable blueprint and instant access to Ember Prime, the Glaive Prime and the Sicarus Prime.

All in all, you save yourself £56, a HELL of a lot of time, and you get a little bonus as the Syandana and BP.

It is worth the money, easily.

Edited by Stormandreas

In all fairness, the sicarus prime is a pretty heavy-duty gun. Not sure about the latest iteration of d2.0, but originally, it was one of my most-damaging weapons against all opponents, including grineer.

It's also noteworthy that you can "upgrade", so if you get the $80 package, it's only another $60 to upgrade to the bigger one.

Although, I totally understand the feeling of "so that's $60 for a scarf." The freaky part is still trying to figure out how to budget for it.

I think one good question is/should be, that they don't seem to cover, is how long will said scarf be available.

Also, I think, at least for some people, the 90 day affinty boost is actually a turn-off. It feels like a waste if you don't play hard-core for the whole 90 days, or if you run out of things to affinity. If something comes up and you can't play for a week or two(OR A MONTH!), wow, all that implied value, down the drain. Not cool. =/

You're promoting the idea of selling power, then?

OP specifically said they don't want the gun. I didn't test every one of the 100 weapons in my inventory to see what did the most damage where, but of what I did use, sic prime was extremely effective. I'm not saying "OH THEY MUST SELL POWER!", I'm saying, if you're getting the package, the gun is actually worth the investment.

Considering the price differential between prime access and the steam sales, it costs roughly 300 plat(plat difference divided by perks). Which is a lot for a pistol, but all things considered, it's a quality pistol, which is worth noting, since there's a fair number of pistols that really shouldn't be purchased with plat--in all probability, the reason OP didn't want said pistol.

Btw, somethng that struck me(I reached this originally from the sidebar, so I didn't realize:

According to:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/91408-psa-gd-is-not-general-feedback-put-your-feedback-in-the-feedback-forums/

DE staff will never read this post. Ergo, dear OP, you should probably re-post this in a section they will read.

They wont read anything related to Money and cost of thing , they always get ignored , because this subject has been talked over and over

Btw, somethng that struck me(I reached this originally from the sidebar, so I didn't realize:

According to:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/91408-psa-gd-is-not-general-feedback-put-your-feedback-in-the-feedback-forums/

DE staff will never read this post. Ergo, dear OP, you should probably re-post this in a section they will read.

I had a feeling.

They wont read anything related to Money and cost of thing , they always get ignored , because this subject has been talked over and over

More or less.

The 90 Days is actually total waste if you are already hight rank... 

And I would like to remind , theire is no Eng game content / Hight rank/level content so what's the point?

I'm rank 12 yet I still love the affinity booster and no I don't focus on lvling stuff to get higher rank but it helps a lot using forma

I'm rank 12 yet I still love the affinity booster and no I don't focus on lvling stuff to get higher rank but it helps a lot using forma

I do understand you are point of view with Forma , but for now Using reactor and forma is way to risky due to random Nerfs , what I also dislike its the fact that since Xp booster is in game the xp we get is way lower (If you was before the first affinity you know what i mean)

I do understand you are point of view with Forma , but for now Using reactor and forma is way to risky due to random Nerfs , what I also dislike its the fact that since Xp booster is in game the xp we get is way lower (If you was before the first affinity you know what i mean)

I have enough plat, I don't worry about nerfs or not, unlike you I don't play for stuff that only does dmg, I play for the style and if it means maximizing the stuff you have, fine with it, I've formad my saryn 7times for qt and rage combo

synapse also 7 times, embolist 5 times and dual ichor 4 times, not a single forma was bad in my opinion, sure qt and rage got nerfed, but hey adapt to it and continue

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first ever post on the forums and I have this to say:

- Founders who criticize the aspect of having to buy the most expensive Prime Access package, to get all the exclusive stuff, come off as such entitled hypocrites that it makes me want to barf.

I've spent 100 bucks on the cheapest prime access + extra plat at a discount. I bought it in the middle of november, because I missed out on founders access. My own fault, entirely. Had I known sooner I could have been a Master, with access to Council Chat, special emblems and what have you. Down the line, founders will continue to be awarded for their early support.

I don't have anything that's exclusive like Excal Prime or Council Chat because of my choices, especially since that 3rd tier Prime Access is way too expensive. So I will never get that Misa Syandana, and so what? Digital Extremes offer these packages so you pay a premium to get these items, JUST LIKE FOUNDERS DID ONCE.

So it boils my blood to see founders, in all seriousness, ask or demand that they be able to buy all the exclusive stuff seperately, talk about entitlement LOL. You have so much already that no one, will ever be able to get. And you have no mature understanding, that DE doesn't cater to your obsessive completionist-tendencies. They'd want to give new players an incentive to get awesome bonuses like the founders. If founders got everything at a discount / offered seperately it would be one big circle-jerk.

I am not aiming this at every founder in any way. Most of you are good guys, but the vocal, enitled minority of founders..... You guys annoy me to no end, sorry. Now I know where the Mass Effect Superfans went.