Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

Urm. These are early access packs for prime items that can be obtained from the game by grinding. DE also threw in extra cosmetic items like the scarf and the primed titan extractor (which is super awesome [sarcasm]).

Basically, you get the extra scarf (it does look very nice) and the extra shovel. If you don't want to spend time getting the stuff the grinding way you pay for a lot of moolah which is perfectly fine. Stop moaning for DE to spoonfeed you extra free stuff. Just be glad they are not locking away content that matters behind a paywall.

Edited by Tubercle1801

Who said they don't get paid at all? Its how they get paid and how they get paid is through donations. Without donations warframe would probably go bankrupt. From what I understand, they are a healthy company and Founders/Access Prime is just extra cash. 

They aren't payed through donations, they're paid through company sales, which means that even if nobody bought founders packs, DE would have made money through sales of Platinum. For example, DE UI programmer salary is 60-90K. 

http://www.digitalextremes.com/careers/postings/programming/ui-programmer

Warframe wouldn't go bankrupt, Warframe doesn't have an account with a bank. You should be referring to Digital Extremes, the company that made Warframe.

text.txt

Then let's take a step back and do a comparison real quick.

For this comparison to work, please pretend the founders program is still going.

I want the Grand Master badge. I also, however, don't feel like spending over 200 dollars to get it. With this in mind, I think I'll just go up to DE with a big ol' smile on, and ask them to give me a big ol' discount just because I want one thing from the pack.

After complete observation of the situation, we can assume that this is stupid. The badge is an indication of "I supported the game this much". You only get it by supporting the game that much. The syandana is practically the exact same thing. It's just a visual indication of how much money you handed the devs at one time.

Another fun little tidbit: The FAQ for the Prime Access program specifically stated that no discounts will be given in the case that you only want a specific item from the pack, whether it be that you want a discount on the scarf, or because you already have the primes and don't want to pay for them.

I think there could be a solution, the first time prime access price should be as it is, but after you bought your first prime access you should be able to buy the next scarfs and skins in the prime access for a defined price, maybe 10$?

you only get the skin or the scarf for a cheap 10$ (without plat, without titan extractor or something like that, pure cosmetic)

yet I'm pretty sure more people are willing to pay directly the first pack to get access for the next, since the price would be only 10$ and more people are willing to get it, not only they still have stuff to do (for example farming the prime gear) which means the game would be more lively, 

also you can count on a stream of money every month from lots of people.

Urm. These are early access packs for prime items that can be obtained from the game by grinding. DE also threw in extra cosmetic items like the scarf and the primed titan extractor (which is super awesome [sarcasm]).

Basically, you get the extra scarf (it does look very nice) and the extra shovel. If you don't want to spend time getting the stuff the grinding way you pay for a lot of moolah which is perfectly fine. Stop moaning for DE to spoonfeed you extra free stuff. Just be glad they are not locking away content that matters behind a paywall.

Not asking for DE to give me anything extra for free, I'm merely saying its a hell of a price to pay for little.

Especially since, unlike founders, it's unknown whether this supports the game's development or merely goes in the devs pockets

I would like to inform all that I  mentioned awhile back, when I said I would message the Dev, I have messaged them and they HAVE been checking out what you guys post. I see this topic going in circles now but thankfully no arguing but ill say again we should try to form a consensus on what future Prime Access will be about. The changes we want WONT be applied to this current prime access so we should discuss the most agreed upon options so we look uniformed and and help the devs see a clearer state that we would like to see future Prime Access. We clearly dont want those Prime items as we would prefer to farm and gather them outself instead of having it spoon fed to us. I have not taken participation in this topic for some time but I still see and have read the general idea would be the following:

1) Ability to pick and chose what we want in the Prime Access packs.

2) A 4th tier that only has the exclusives (no platinum/Prime Frame nor Prime Weapons)

3) Allow cosmetics to be purchased for platinum in a short limited time (maybe half the time the Prime Access is available?)

4) Adding the cosmetics in all tiers? (high disagree with this one)

We should be discussing which out of those 4, the price, and availability to whom? I currently still feel strongly about the 4th tier in all Prime Access packs that can be purchased at $50 that contains no cosmetics/Prime Frame/Prime weapons just those current exclusive cosmetics. This tier will be available to all founders and those who have spent a certain amount of time and money in the game, those who spent money on the game are founders at heart, and those who have bought the highest tier of ANY Prime Access should be allowed the option to the 4th tier. The reason why I don't believe it should be for all right off the back would be the same reason and idea behind putting cosmetics in the higher tier. It would be an incentive to get those to become founders at heart and spend a certain amount of money in the game thus future supporting the Devs and Warframe. $50 is not alot every 2-3 months it still shows we have HIGH hopes for the game and do wish to donate money and earn the cosmetics. The lowest it should be is $40 but not $5-25 because the purpose of those cosmetics being in the higher tiers is to try to get people to BUY them.

Please try to focus on those topics to make it easier on the devs and show that we have the idea. we planned it out and we would love to see it implemented instead of going around in circles like a dog chasing its tail. After the general consensus on the idea we want is sorted we can discuss the refinement of it. Looks better when we work together and the majority agree upon one or two things.

The Idea of having those exclusives sold on the market for a limited amount of time, half that which the prime access at the time is being sold, is also a good idea and it should be left at a limited time but these cosmetic items aren't going to be cheap to begin with and there would be arguments on that. Don't forget we want to offer as much support in terms of bug checking and money to help encourage the growth and development of this game in which we love so much. 

The real question is, do you get all unreleased primed frames and weapons as they are released in the future? Because if that's the case, that deal isnt that bad. If it's just these three prime items plus the syandana, then that sucks for founders (since we already shelled out for a similar deal) and is decent/good (if you want plat and a decent foothold in the game) for everyone else.

If it IS all primes that are unreleased, I'd do it just to save time and frustration with trying to get crap to drop. We all time that Time = Money. Meaning if you have an abundance of Time on your hands, you can circumvent the need for Money with a little work. If you don't have the money, then it takes Time to get either the primes OR the money required to get them. So hell yeah I'd rock out $140 for all future primes and a truckload of plat, haha. Some people might enjoy the game, but work enough in real life to compensate for not being able to play as much. This is a great deal for them. Especially since you don't have to pay it all at once.

I really think people are missing this point.

They aren't payed through donations, they're paid through company sales, which means that even if nobody bought founders packs, DE would have made money through sales of Platinum. For example, DE UI programmer salary is 60-90K. 

http://www.digitalextremes.com/careers/postings/programming/ui-programmer

Warframe wouldn't go bankrupt, Warframe doesn't have an account with a bank. You should be referring to Digital Extremes, the company that made Warframe.

oh cool, nitpicking to prove me wrong! Yay! how fun....Making money through sales of Platinum is basically the same as donating...So with your point given, this can clarify that Access Prime is just another way to make "extra cash" So realistically speaking, if DE would to change the scarf and put them in all purchasing bundles... it wouldn't make a dent to DE's budget. 

Then let's take a step back and do a comparison real quick.

For this comparison to work, please pretend the founders program is still going.

I want the Grand Master badge. I also, however, don't feel like spending over 200 dollars to get it. With this in mind, I think I'll just go up to DE with a big ol' smile on, and ask them to give me a big ol' discount just because I want one thing from the pack.

After complete observation of the situation, we can assume that this is stupid. The badge is an indication of "I supported the game this much". You only get it by supporting the game that much. The syandana is practically the exact same thing. It's just a visual indication of how much money you handed the devs at one time.

Another fun little tidbit: The FAQ for the Prime Access program specifically stated that no discounts will be given in the case that you only want a specific item from the pack, whether it be that you want a discount on the scarf, or because you already have the primes and don't want to pay for them.

Your misunderstanding....I never said anything about wanting a discount. What I'm asking for is another kind of pack or a different kind of payment method indicating ways to obtain a cosmetic without the unecessary junk.  This topic is here for the hopes that DE would think about this by reading the feedback and create a solution for economical reasonings.  At least it was acknowledged and with enough people to vote, a change could happen in the next Prime Access. Not saying it will, but it could. You might as well have copied the terms and agreement because understanding on how "The Prime Access Program can not be combined with any other offer or coupon" doesn't help your point. Obviously this is what it is, but it doesn't mean they can't change things or add another kind of payment method. AND if they do, they'll get another dose of my money. But untill then i'm "holding back" as they say.

Snow-Cube please I just said lets not do this input more than just that for this topic. If you dislike it please go into more detail and explain then go ahead and give your opinion on maybe a more refined version, a different tier, etc. We well I would love to get everyones opinion as I read this topic often because its something I believe strongly upon. Look on page 47 and read what I have said and pick one you agree on or discuss what you dont agree on or even throw in what you would like to see so we can work on it. As a community we can change the game if we do stick together and offer compromises and valid reasons to what we would like to see changed/improved.

Edited by AllanIncubi

People are so damn greedy. If cosmetic items is all you want then wait for future updates, they've released ONE exclusive cosmetic item and there's an uproar of people feeling entitled to discounts or exclusive access to parts of the package. People make me sick. 

Some logic.  So people who want one useless fluff item are greedy, but the folks charging 140 bucks for it are not?

Haven't logged into this game for 2 months now.  People like you are part of the reason.

Edited by niekaa

but it is a bundle... called prime access...

Yeah, for rich people. Meaning regular people are getting cheated off content because they dont have insane amount of cash.

So basically, we need a bundle with the scarf for people that just cant afford the prime access. If they keep making more and more content ONLY for people with 140 dollars to use on a free game, the limitation in terms of content will grow. And not only that, they will make sure to make the content so appealing that it just hurt that much more that its out of reach.

Either that, or stop with the exclusive items. It may be smart in terms of income, but i personally think its a bad treatment for the community.

Edited by Zareek

The scarf is the only exclusive item in the bundle which gives no stat bonuses at all, its purely cosmetic. It in no way affect your gaming experience with Warframe

I also think you disregard the amount of plat you get with that bundle

Edited by Drakonnan180

Yeah, for rich people. Meaning regular people are getting cheated off content because they dont have insane amount of cash.

So basically, we need a bundle with the scarf for people that just cant afford the prime access. If they keep making more and more content ONLY for people with 140 dollars to use on a free game, the limitation in terms of content will grow. And not only that, they will make sure to make the content so appealing that it just hurt that much more that its out of reach.

Either that, or stop with the exclusive items. It may be smart in terms of income, but i personally think its a bad treatment for the community.

Uh... you don't actually lose anything? The syandanas don't actually do anything, and the prime weapons can be found in the void. There's no actual limitation there.

So, other than a scarf that exists solely to say "I spent $130 on the game", what do you not get? How does that hurt the community at all? You already acknowledge that it's good business. Would you rather have them go broke?

Are you mad about the solar outposts too? How dare they have people's names in game for $250? The audacity! o.0

Uh... you don't actually lose anything? The syandanas don't actually do anything, and the prime weapons can be found in the void. There's no actual limitation there.

So, other than a scarf that exists solely to say "I spent $130 on the game", what do you not get? How does that hurt the community at all? You already acknowledge that it's good business. Would you rather have them go broke?

Are you mad about the solar outposts too? How dare they have people's names in game for $250? The audacity! o.0

It's still content. I hated the exclusive items of the founders packs too, I think its outrageous to cheat some people off content because they don't have enough money. Especially in a free to play game. And yes I obviously already knew that the scarf didn't give any stats, but so what? It's still content that a lot of people can't EVER get, because they don't have enough money.

As I already stated before, I think it's perfectly fine that they want to make money, since it IS free to play, but there has to be several other ways to do so. They are taking advantage of us by releasing the good stuff on the most expensive packs to force us to buy them, if we find those items appealing. And course most people do.

Just look at the current scarves avaiable. They fly all over the place and most the time they get stuck on the warframe. Some of them doesn't even fit all warframes. Not only that, I've noticed that most people use the URU Syandana, because thats the LEAST buggy one. So with that going on, instead of fixing the scarves and make them better, they choose to spend their time making a REALLY good scarf.....and then only make it avaiable for people who has 140 dollars to spare.... I am really not happy about that.

And lastly, this seems to  be something that will keep going. Buy the access and you'll get access to a lot of "EXCLUSIVE" items. I personally thought it would be over with the founder pack, and that made me VERY happy. Why? Because I bought founder, hoping I could keep playing, and keep getting the newly released content. Well too bad for me right? I can only get maybe 50% of it (Exaggerating), because the other 50% will require me to spend all of my savings.

As bitter I am about this prime access, I still support the game overall. I just hate the fact that most the things I find interesting will not be avaiable to me because Im a poor student. So yeah; I support the idea of making the scarf, AND future content avaiable for everyone, or at least make it affortable.

Edited by Zareek

Either way, I'm getting extremely pissed off at the drop rates. I have run 70+ T3 Capture missions. I got the Helmet and Chassis blueprints fairly quickly, and got the main Ember Prime blueprint fairly quickly out of T3 capture as well. But I have yet to see the god damn systems. It's getting ridiculous. There should be no reason that ANYONE should have to run 70+ of ANYTHING in the game in order to get one item. 

And what the hell is up with the "Prime Access" prices? It's ludicrous. I love this game, but I don't honestly see a bright future for it, as it seems to be slowly going more and more Pay 2 Win.

It's still content. I hated the exclusive items of the founders packs too, I think its outrageous to cheat some people off content because they don't have enough money. Especially in a free to play game. And yes I obviously already knew that the scarf didn't give any stats, but so what? It's still content that a lot of people can't EVER get, because they don't have enough money.

As I already stated before, I think it's perfectly fine that they want to make money, since it IS free to play, but there has to be several other ways to do so. They are taking advantage of us by releasing the good stuff on the most expensive packs to force us to buy them, if we find those items appealing. And course most people do.

Just look at the current scarves avaiable. They fly all over the place and most the time they get stuck on the warframe. Some of them doesn't even fit all warframes. Not only that, I've noticed that most people use the URU Syandana, because thats the LEAST buggy one. So with that going on, instead of fixing the scarves and make them better, they choose to spend their time making a REALLY good scarf.....and then only make it avaiable for people who has 140 dollars to spare.... I am really not happy about that.

And lastly, this seems to  be something that will keep going. Buy the access and you'll get access to a lot of "EXCLUSIVE" items. I personally thought it would be over with the founder pack, and that made me VERY happy. Why? Because I bought founder, hoping I could keep playing, and keep getting the newly released content. Well too bad for me right? I can only get maybe 50% of it (Exaggerating), because the other 50% will require me to spend all of my savings.

As bitter I am about this prime access, I still support the game overall. I just hate the fact that most the things I find interesting will not be avaiable to me because Im a poor student. So yeah; I support the idea of making the scarf, AND future content avaiable for everyone, or at least make it affortable.

See, I completely agree with you here. This game is awesome. It has so much promise. But the fact that half the time the new content is so damnably expensive, it makes it difficult to want to continue to play. While I think the Misa Syandama is cool looking, I'm not willing to fork over $140 that I would be able to use on other things, like food, rent, bills, etc. Even if I didn't have to worry about those kinds of things, I STILL wouldn't be willing to pay $140 for the syandana and the titan whatever, and the credit and affinity boosters and blah blah blah. It's just TOO MUCH. Unless I had a ridiculous amount of money just hanging around. DE is being greedy with the prices of the prime access. I love this game, and I want to continue to support it. But I personally will not continue to support it when the devs say that some items in the game are worth $140. 

Not to mention the fact that I have yet to see anyone actually get the Ember Prime by actually farming it out like I have been trying to do. It's almost like DE made it next to impossible to get unless you buy the Prime Access. Which is complete crap. Again, I love this game, but it seems to be slowly going more and more along the lines of paying to get what you want. And it's sad, because there is so much room for this game to improve. Honestly, if there turns out to be more BS like this "prime access," I will probably stop playing this game, because it's not worth supporting a developer who seems to be turning into a company like EA.