Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Shotgun only mode mod for the Zarr

Larrell

As the title says, a mod that locks the zarr into barrage (shotgun) mode. The reason I'm suggesting this is because of the AoE nerfs; they make the shotgun part quite difficult to use effectively due to the highly restricted ammo. So you get a mod that locks the gun into shotgun mode but gives it better ammo (and better reload or something?) for people like me that really don't care about using it in cannon mode.

If there's a need,  I'd say double the Kzarr ammo reserve and pickup, and make cannon mode cost 2 per shot.  Or something along those lines.

edit: I forgot to say, the mag needs increased too.  I don't think barrage mode is in danger of being made too powerful, but I've been wrong before.

Both versions (and other weapons) should be changed to work like the Corinth Prime: have an extended magazine and make the explosive mode cost extra ammo. Shotgun mode would still cost 1 ammo. The reloading could be handled by just having each chunk load the same amount of ammo that the explosive costs.

Could do something silly like those Deimos weapons

and unnerf the ammo for shotgun mode

then make it so shotgun kills charge up an energy bar that allows you to take one cannon AoE shot...

Might actually play pretty smooth if they rework it so that the AoE is a big status proccer, while the shotgun is crit/damage focused

so you lob the bomb, it weakens the crowd, mop up in shotgun mode, which then recharges the bomb, repeat

Archived