Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gratitude points

(XBOX)DARK HORSE BEAU

Question

So I am a returning player after 3 years and have been amazed by the Tenno community and how helpful everyone has been. A lot has changed in 3 years and I have had people chat and explain everything I’ve missed and support me to aid my catch up. Because of this it got me thinking that it would be amazing if there was a way to show gratitude to these kind hearted Tenno but not in the sense of platinum or gifts. Like a points thing or something along the lines like when you can review a seller after you order something online. Just an idea but there are some amazing Tenno out there. 

4 answers to this question

I agree about some amazing Tenno being out there. The Warframe community, whilst not perfect, has a pretty large contingent of friendly, warm and kind players. I also get why you would want to suggest such an idea too, I mean, there are lots of reasons, to reciprocation, gratitude, show acknowledgement towards such individuals... Foster more kindness and etc I almost think... it would sort of be counter intuitive though? 

Most of the people being kind, generous etc are doing so because they think its the right thing to do, or to be kind, generous, warm. Not to be externally validated or rewarded with extrinsic awards. Again, its not that I don't think such acts should't be rewarded... Just the spirit of it feels more authentic without anything else extra? 

Does that make sense? I do think your suggestion is very sweet and kind too, and well meaning. Warframe Market is the closest I can think of, I always make sure to leave comments on great sellers/buyers. Thats more pragmatic though, to help make sure the fair, good, best traders people get more visibility. 

Often when I come across newer players on their Warframe journey, buying a Prime item, I will usually offer them some small extras, I have surplus of, and make some small talk with them, see if their are ways I might be able to give them a nice extra (like if I notice they have a fav Warframe, but the Prime is vaulted and they don't have it yet etc), and most/all of them have been very thankful and appreciative and try to think of ways to give me something back in return - but my response is always roughly the same "When I first started Warframe, I had older, more experienced Vets of the game help me out, and show me kindness, and give me items, and now I will give you help too, and maybe, if you enjoy the game, and keep playing, one day you might also help out some younger newer players too" and I like that, the idea of passing it on. 

Now... if those players started giving me Gratitude Points, I'd probably feel uncomfortable, and like I was taking advantage of them and stop giving out stuff lol Also, if you incentivise such points, especially with some sort of external reward, you'll probably start getting some people who just... maybe don't have the best intentions. 

Thats my possible odd/unpopular, cynical take. 

Oh and welcome back to the game! 

While that probably would courage more players to be helpful it also would turn players very competitive about points probably.

We already have point system in forums.

Not a bad idea though maybe it could work I don't know. Personally I don't care to get anything out of helping. I just do it to share knowledge I acquired.

3 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I agree about some amazing Tenno being out there. The Warframe community, whilst not perfect, has a pretty large contingent of friendly, warm and kind players. I also get why you would want to suggest such an idea too, I mean, there are lots of reasons, to reciprocation, gratitude, show acknowledgement towards such individuals... Foster more kindness and etc I almost think... it would sort of be counter intuitive though? 

Most of the people being kind, generous etc are doing so because they think its the right thing to do, or to be kind, generous, warm. Not to be externally validated or rewarded with extrinsic awards. Again, its not that I don't think such acts should't be rewarded... Just the spirit of it feels more authentic without anything else extra? 

Does that make sense? I do think your suggestion is very sweet and kind too, and well meaning. Warframe Market is the closest I can think of, I always make sure to leave comments on great sellers/buyers. Thats more pragmatic though, to help make sure the fair, good, best traders people get more visibility. 

Often when I come across newer players on their Warframe journey, buying a Prime item, I will usually offer them some small extras, I have surplus of, and make some small talk with them, see if their are ways I might be able to give them a nice extra (like if I notice they have a fav Warframe, but the Prime is vaulted and they don't have it yet etc), and most/all of them have been very thankful and appreciative and try to think of ways to give me something back in return - but my response is always roughly the same "When I first started Warframe, I had older, more experienced Vets of the game help me out, and show me kindness, and give me items, and now I will give you help too, and maybe, if you enjoy the game, and keep playing, one day you might also help out some younger newer players too" and I like that, the idea of passing it on. 

Now... if those players started giving me Gratitude Points, I'd probably feel uncomfortable, and like I was taking advantage of them and stop giving out stuff lol Also, if you incentivise such points, especially with some sort of external reward, you'll probably start getting some people who just... maybe don't have the best intentions. 

Thats my possible odd/unpopular, cynical take. 

Oh and welcome back to the game! 

I think they mean FF14. In there you can after a dungeon; give a Commendation which does gift players so kind of a reward for doing your job. How would it work in Warframe though is hard as most PuGs split right after the mission success screen loads up and as you say- whilst on positive side it encourages friendly coop tying say Cosmetics to such a system will not work either. 

I think we just go with "gg" instead in Squad chat :p

15 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

I think they mean FF14. In there you can after a dungeon; give a Commendation which does gift players so kind of a reward for doing your job. How would it work in Warframe though is hard as most PuGs split right after the mission success screen loads up and as you say- whilst on positive side it encourages friendly coop tying say Cosmetics to such a system will not work either. 

I think we just go with "gg" instead in Squad chat :p

Oh I see. Thank you, that does give me a better understanding. I am more familiar with that in a few other games too, you can give commendations on players you play with, Team Spirit, Good Leader etc 

Yeah I am not sure how that would be implemented in Warframe. Many people who help, don't necessarily play with you, and there are also simpler ways to show gratitude. Like you, most of the players I play with, just go with GG and use comments to be nice. Compliment fashion, ask for builds, be positive etc

Cheers! 

Archived