Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies (Like Healers) Should Not Be Able To Supply Overguard

(PSN)Rainbow_Neos1

To preface, the Warframe Community has already shown their distaste for Overguard as a base mechanic even in Eximus enemies, but this is beyond even that. 

Instead of it just being Eximus enemies immune to CC, it's literal hordes of enemies. It's simply not fun to have your CC do nothing due to one enemy. And at later content without an AoE weapon, it's very difficult to pin down those healers. The idea of having X target be a threat and needing the squad to focus them (which due to how they spawn, team focusing doesn't often happen) is one thing, but making hordes be like that with a naturally fast spawning enemy? We already deal with 4 Eximus enemies constantly on the map (their spawn rate is ridiculous). We don't need that times 5 because these guys make hordes immune to CC. Just makes CC frames useless even more. 

Like I'm playing Circulus SP and I have healers and Eximus enemies surrounding me. I cast my 4 as Frost to try to give myself some breathing room. Nothing. None are frozen. Lol 

This isn't even counting the many other naturally spawning Overguard enemies. 

When they announced the new vision for Eximus enemies, I thought it was gonna be a single powerful tanky CC immune guy spawns every X interval and gets marked as a high priority (kinda like what bursas, manics, and juggernauts are supposed to be). That would've been fine and cool. Instead, Eximus are just a frustrating experience most notably added with Overguard in hordes. 

Ancient Healers always did give some limited CC immunity to units in their aura. I think DE said wanted to make the effect more  clear to players.  Which, like it or not,  Overguard is at least visually obvious compared to the old aura.

Overguard corresponds well to the old 90% DR, but unfortunately its CC protection is much more extensive.  They might  have felt like Infested needed the extra threat.  I usually consider Infested the easiest faction even now, so that at least seems plausible to me.  But Healers can turn things  hairy very fast, especially with Corrupted who have heavy armor units and Nullifiers benefitting.

21 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Ancient Healers always did give some limited CC immunity to units in their aura. I think DE said wanted to make the effect more  clear to players.  Which, like it or not,  Overguard is at least visually obvious compared to the old aura.

Overguard corresponds well to the old 90% DR, but unfortunately its CC protection is much more extensive.  They might  have felt like Infested needed the extra threat.  I usually consider Infested the easiest faction even now, so that at least seems plausible to me.  But Healers can turn things  hairy very fast, especially with Corrupted who have heavy armor units and Nullifiers benefitting.

Gotta love a guardian Eximus next to an ancient healer. 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

pretty sure healer's can't give more overguard to a unit that already has it, so prioritize the eximus in this case

The mitigation makes killing the Eximus a nightmare 

On top of that, the healer is still a problem. In a horde, trying to kill these two is insanely frustrating without AoE. 

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

The mitigation makes killing the Eximus a nightmare 

On top of that, the healer is still a problem. In a horde, trying to kill these two is insanely frustrating without AoE. 

get in front of the guardian's face, show him whose boss with our sick melee skills 😎

Archived