Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waiting For Players / Answer The Call

(XBOX)DanteEpic

I think DE should expand on the Waiting For Players option by added an Answer The Call option. What it does is when a player is looking for help on a mission, they choose how many people they need (1-3) and other players can click on it to help out. Other players would just have to choose the type of mission they're going to be helping people play.

There could be incentives on helping others for example, if a player is looking for help and asked the community to come in as a specific character, it would give that character a booster (credit, affinity, resource, etc) for that one mission. Then you can have a ranking on who has helped you the most specificly on this feature. This can inadvertently grow camaraderie.

I totally agree. I actually made a post about this some time ago, so I'll copypaste it:

In Division 2 there is something called the Shepheard system. How it works:

- It's basically a "help me" system. You can turn it on/off anytime. It's opt in for both sides.
- Struggling players can "call for backup" if they have a problem with a mission or just generally wanna do something and they don't know how.
- Experienced players who can help are being offered (by the system) to join the players who called for backup.
- Players then can endorse those who've helped them. By aquiring endorsements you get special rewards.

How it could work in Warframe?

- There would be a station in the Orbiter for the Shepheards. Shepheards open it up, turn it on and the system starts feeding them offers.
- The offer would include info about the mission type, enemy faction and level of the mission.
- If you accept, you are given the chance to pick your loadout and are connected to the player in need.
- There could always be only one Shepheard. No more. No less.
- Players in need would "call for backup" by simply using the oplink item in gearwheel.

Rewards should not be anything big. Maybe a unique cosmetic or maybe like a very small credits payout.
The point of this system would not be farming anything, but making it easy to help players.
I would personally be glad to help anyone with basically anything, but only if it was quick and easy for me. I honestly can't be bothered to search forums or in game chat.

Ooh this is a cool idea. I like it. 

I am personally a bit hesitant on any incentives being a part, beyond the most superficial and generic of say, maybe cosmetic rewards with no sort of ranking involved, just... because I have heard that some games that do, can have issues/problems (collusion, subterfuge to try and gain the system, people getting oddly worked up about rankings, and losing sight of the actual help involved with helping someone else etc) 

I am sure a whole ton of people would still be interested in wanting to lend assistance to new players struggling or wanting help. I know personally its one of my fav things to do, especially Eidolons etc there are a few of the chat channels, but eh...Oh and its not like I would be hard opposed to incentives either mind you, if DE done it in a way that made sense/avoided issues. 

Just reminding the newer tenno in this thread of the now defunct "Guides of the Lotus program" which was basically an elite c̶u̶l̶t̶ sorry group of tenno who helped others be it via actual in mission help or text help in general/relay chats. 

It became a font for ppl to get in just for the offered free cosmetic item and brewed a toxic environment, hence why it no longer exists.

so creating incentives to help others will always be a bad thing, you help for the sake of helping not for a reward!

Archived