Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Endless Missions Need A Solo Extract.

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

With Railjack missions becoming more involved, mainly with Nightwave bounties, finding a squad to complete the mission is already annoying. And most times there ain’t too many issues when a squad is finally found. 

However endless Railjack missions like survival and defense tend to lure in entitled players who refuse to extract and act bossy towards those who want to extract. Just encountered one recently thinking he owns the entire game, telling us not to play with randoms when he is the one not wanting to complete the objective yet, which is the only way to gain certain items. If he wanted a long drawn out endless mission, then he is the one who shouldn’t be playing with randoms. He definitely doesn’t have the right to be telling others how to play the game. Nor think he can just force people to play when he wants them to for however long he wants them to. Tried to insult us but we can’t say anything back without risking chat ban.

My simple solution for this issue is to make the endless missions be completed after the first 5 minutes or waves. Instead of having to return to the Railjack. You can choose to keep going which will only grant you the additional rewards for every 5 waves/minutes. Doing so won’t count as an additional completion. You can remain in the endless mission until others decide to extract, or you can just “Leave Mission”, and it count as if you left after returning to Railjack. Basically continuing would be like completing bonus objectives after the mission has been completed. 

It is the only way to avoid these childish and dramatic issues. Most of us clearly don’t like Railjack missions and don’t want to have it drag on when trying to complete a bigger objective than the Railjack mission itself. And being able to just leave these missions right away would allow us to avoid childish insults from others. 

That’s my opinion but I can promise that I’m definitely not the only one who feels this way. The fact it’s been 3 years and hasn’t already been done is kind of shocking. 

I would say that all endless missions need solo extraction.

Also, the possibility of a search preference for matchmaking (maybe like a overlay like Steel path) for 'long endless' where the missions are, by default, longer. Extraction only appearing each full rotation.

Hek, I'd make them all like the Zariman missions - individual extract regardless of mission type.

Except for one thing: I would include the 1 minute timer instead of the elevator console. It kinda sucks when all of a sudden the game stops because the host decided to leave without waiting a bit or warning the team. Most times, even if I have a reliable connection and do not lose my rewards, I tend to leave as well when I notice the host is at extraction and the timer has begun.

So TL;DR: Individual extraction for everything, yes. But with timer to give oportunity to everyone to react. And no pulling the whole team like with the open areas.

Spoiler

In case I unitentionally mislead someone with my statements above:

• I do know that players can "leave" the squad in open worlds;
  • I do know that players keep their rewards after the "Mission Success" window on Railjack.

Being aware of these facts prior to answering this post, I fully stand by my statements above.

Should've baited em' into saying something that  would get them banned, thats what i do to people who insult my friends. :D

But yeah goes without saying to add solo extract. Will probs be added with the next major railjack update bro 

in the meantime I recommend u join the discord and try to search for a squad for missions like that.

- j

Archived