Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery rank test 26 too hard.

(PSN)IdoThea

Can't beat it even when using Limbo with speed mods. I love Warframe but these Mastery Rank tests are one reason why I can't recommend this game to anyone and they always bring down enjoyment of the game. 

I know these probably won't ever be removed because everyone had to do them so new players need to suffer too.

Anyway this is just my rant about Mastery Rank Tests. I never liked them especially whole 24h wait time. Guess I'll stay at 25 rank at least it's nice number.

Happy Holidays for everyone. 🐥

13 minutes ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

Can't beat it even when using Limbo with speed mods. I love Warframe but these Mastery Rank tests are one reason why I can't recommend this game to anyone and they always bring down enjoyment of the game. 

I know these probably won't ever be removed because everyone had to do them so new players need to suffer too.

Anyway this is just my rant about Mastery Rank Tests. I never liked them especially whole 24h wait time. Guess I'll stay at 25 rank at least it's nice number.

Happy Holidays for everyone. 🐥

Try Titania, she makes it super easy.

4 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Try Titania, she makes it super easy.

I tried but she actually made it even harder. I just can't keep up with points so they keep reseting too fast. Guess 25 mastery rank is where I belong then.

Another issue is that even with Limbo Eximus units can kill me when I'm just trying to focus capturing points.

Does the term 'Mastery Test' suggest that it's meant to be easy?

I hate to be the 'Git Gud' guy, but some aspects of games should be be difficult, right? Especially something that is, explicitly, a late-game test of your skill and game knowledge.

My advice is to practice it in the relays until you can complete the test consistently.

20 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Especially something that is, explicitly, a late-game test of your skill and game knowledge

I don't really understand what part of the game this test represents because nothing is similar or require similar "skill". Interception targets don't move around like this nor there is any time limit. 

Mastery Rank test difficulty is all over the place and usually they can even be cheesed.

If we were locked into using unmodded Excalibur with unmodded Braton for example these tests could be build to be actual skill tests because everyone used same "build".

Warframe is a videogame so why should it have things that feel like "real life" tests?

But anyway this made me want to put Warframe down and play something else so guess I'll be taking a break from WF because this just frustrates me too much. 🐣

I just tried myself with my regular build with 0 speed mods on limbo and did it first try.
like the tenno above said they're called masterry tests for a reason.
and no this isn't testing your interception skills there's another test for that. this is like an advanced parkour and velocity test to see if you can get up to speed and keep up with fast moving objects (mostly other tenno in pub missions)
this test in particular revolves around remembering the pattern of the points, some speed up or slow down at particular spots along their route so you gotta be prepared for that.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

I9juVpG.png

I don't understand how I now completed it on practice with just Protea. 

My guess is that the pressure of the possibility of failure tripped you up. All you needed was to practice, and not be too stressed over it.

Archived