Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toroid Farming RNG

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

So I hit the Orb Vallis for about an hour and a half. I feel like the toroid drips are so terrible it's not even worth it. I haven't been on the OV since Lua came out so this is totally different. The drops were never this bad. The other hour I was there WF crashed on me so I lost the 3 toroids I think I had. A tearful moment. Anyone else experiencing a better toroid farm? Any tips? I suppose the resource booster would help but I never really know when I'll have time to play for an extended period. Shoulda got it from baro this am but the crash would have been even more painful LOL

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ_QLQhZ8X.

17 answers to this question

14 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

PROFIT TAKER MISSION #2

Yeah, huge difference. I don't think my booster that I purchased from Baro is active anymore (is there a way to tell if you have an active booster?), but just a straight up PT#2 yielded 16 in 25 minutes. My goodness you saved me like 3.5 hours of playing vs the old drop rate of 4/hr? Very helpful thanks! 

Is there a way to do this with the other two toroid types? I wish I knew about this long ago. I'm one level shy of too standing with little duck now. 

I just need two more toroids from PT so I need to learn how to take PT down.

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ_QLQhZ8X.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I ran exploiter solo and got hosed. First time. Second time I hung out at enrichment labs until someone else joined. Success. Then repeated that and got two down for 50k toroid standing 2x twice from the resource booster. This helped yugely.

Now that I've done it a couple times I will try it solo next time. I have a dozen thermias left.

As you can see the mite raknoids didn't drop many toroids, just one total. But still happy for all the toroid standing.

Are you after the toroids for builds or standing?

1k toroids are pretty easy to farm outside of a mission at spaceport, enrichment lab (ie location of mission 2 mentioned above) and temple of profit.

If it's for standing you're better off doing the profit taker imo, even more so if you have a booster.   Why not orb mother.... imo it's better reward per time spent.

Someone mentioned it earlier but you failed to take note,  PROFIT TAKER MISSION #2.

Here's the ideal setup you modify it according to what you have available to you:

1) More Squadmates means more loot.  If you are Toroid Farming Solo than you will get the lowest results.
2) Select PT Mission #2 in Fortuna Back Room
3) Take out the 3 Key Corpus inside then take out the 2 Ambulus Outside
4) DO NOT PICK UP THE SUITCASE - this is essential otherwise the spawn rate will drop
5) For this Mission ONLY, you DO NOT NEED Threat Level to obtain Toroids, Lev 0 will result in same as Lev 4 so DESTROY ALL PYLONS to minimize the difficulty
6) If you have a Nekros and a Necramech you can do this Solo easily but with less results than a squad of 4
7) Activate Desecrate with Nekros somewhere in the middle of the outside area then jump into your Necramech and let fun begin!  Nekros will desecrate loot even when not active with a Tenno. Must have the Despoil Augment on your Nekros and some efficiency to sustain a good amount of looting, and lots of Range!
8) Destroy everything in your path and you will walk away with 60-80 Calda Toriods in 30 min ( with Active Resource Doubler) Even more if you use a Smeeta Kavat!

Happy Toroid Farming!

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Did you actually go to the three locations where they have better spawns?

I ran exploiter solo and got hosed. First time. Second time I hung out at enrichment labs until someone else joined. Success. Then repeated that and got two down for 50k toroid standing 2x twice from the resource booster. This helped yugely.

Now that I've done it a couple times I will try it solo next time. I have a dozen thermias left.

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ9fpQks21c

2 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Nidus modded for huge range

Ok

2 hours ago, Mazifet said:

exploiter spawns a million of the little mite raknoids

As you can see the mite raknoids didn't drop many toroids, just one total. But still happy for all the toroid standing.

4 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

exploiter spawns a million of the little mite raknoids that drop sola toroids in the first phase, so try that

I've never done exploiter and only did profit twice with a group and had no idea what I'm doing lol. I'll watch some videos. This could be the key. The exploiter orb was by temple of profit this AM and I tried to take it down but everything I did would not work. 0 damage. I did kill about twenty of those liquid blender looking raknoids, which dropped a thermite canister, but no toroids.

40 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Range Nidus (short duration)

What is this? I do have Nidus prime. i don't have a necros or helminth ability yet, though.

6 minutes ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

Second phase of Profit Taker takes 2 mins

Talking about Temple of Profit location for toroids.

40 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Never kill alarm pylons

I had five of these going and it never hit level four. 

Just got the booster from Baro. Did 30 mins and got 5 toroids at Profit and Enrichment Labs. So those 5 doubled to ten. 

1) Host a party:   Range Nidus (short duration)+ Necros (Or just Necros with Larva sub) + Pilfering Hydroid + anyone good at killing priority targets (thats anyone with Voidrig or such).  

You can also try Vauban's Vortex for pulling......and Khora or Atlas for looting....but I prefer tentacle party.

4 people is a must for better spawns. 

2) Get to the spot with desired Toroids and let "stars" stack.  Never kill alarm pylons.

3) Larva enemies in one spot > Let Hydroid Tentacle em up > Kill em and Desecrate.    

You get 3 rolls per body like that.  One from Desecrate, another from Pilfering and then natural drops.    You can also cut bodies into pieces with Slash weapons for more desecration rolls.

Add cats and boosters.

You get somewhat decent drops like that.   But it only feels OK with boosters. 

Just now, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Any tips?

Usually I hit the enrichment labs for Calda, if that is non existent I'll go to profit temple for Sola, then the Space port last because it seems to have the worst spawn rate (either outside in the loading areas or inside back along the very long hallway/driveway past all the rooms). Profit is inside, down in the mining area. Seems I'll get the most spawns there, but today there were almost no spawns. I was waiting 20-30 seconds for an enemy. Yesterday was ok, but only got one toroid in 20 minutes.

Archived