Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pet/Companion survivability in "high level" content (A short essay)

Kaiga

17 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

have personally revived a smeeta that was standing in white puke only for it to not move from the white puke and instantly die again

it happened in world of warcraft in one of the patches once scaling got a bit higher companions were randomly getting one hit kill to a lot of area of effect skils.

What the devs ended up doing was eventually adjusting companions I think so they either took 90% less from AOE effects, similar it would go some to helping in warframe!

I really wanted to try that mod out to see how it performs on helious but after 2000 hours or something seems like it's unicorn poop, never seen it drop ever

I have only ever used it on the hound.  It does work but it's slow.  Nowadays I am using Ash primarily (624 health) with low armor so melee usually ends up keeping him up.  It goes down when I am not moving (reviving something) and it stands idle in infested acid (damn you pet AI *shakes fist*) but for the Archon series of missions I am usually Lavos (2.4k health) and the Hounds health pool substantially increases.  With link armor it's practically a tank itself.  The times I forgot to switch Helios off and he came in for a ride he didn't last too long,  Everytime he died before mission completion.  In my (Helio's) defense I can't tell you his build, probably been years since I last looked at it so I am sure I can make him a bit less vulnerable but the Hound is my go to for now.  If anything just for the precepts.

12 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Link mods work on some frames/builds and do next to nothing on others. 

I almost never play tanks but was messing around on Lavos yesterday in SP mot and panzer had no problems for 40 minutes with link health and armor. Today 3 minutes into same mission with same panzer build but playing Xaku and it's dead in <3 minutes. 

When the frame you choose is the deciding factor to companions survival I think it's time for a rework. 

edit: just tested full forma hound and weapon with Xaku. 2:15 into mission and first eximus it came across downed it. 

I run Ash (624 health) and probably under 200 armor.  Granted I use melee as much if not more than primary and secondary (depends on what I have equipped) but mine seems to handle a couple of exmius enemies, on an eximus modifier though, it can be a crap shoot.

On 2023-02-03 at 12:38 AM, Marvelous_A said:

Just make them invincibles. They are now a necessity.

Invincibility seems like something that would have to be balanced against impact, since some abilities revive you, or otherwise have a lot of game impact, and DE has said they want to cut down on automation

Archived