Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove/change Grineer Forest timer.

TheMostFrench

The day/night timer for this tile set is not linked to Cetus, I assume because the real time cycle has different functions. Whatever the case, it can be night time in the Forest tile set while it is day time in Cetus or vice versa. More importantly, you can't see the timer for the Forest missions in game without a separate source like the companion app or WF wiki. AFAIK It is not explained in the game that a day/night cycle even exists for these missions.

These suggestions might help with this outdated system.

A) Match the Forest timer to Cetus and make the day/night cycle the same length. Now people can look at Cetus and know what cycle the Forest missions are in (the difference being that the Forest doesn't cycle in real time mid-mission). The current Forest cycle lasts 4 hours based on this source, and unless there are more than just unique plants appearing at different times of day, it's kind of frustrating to plan your play time to scan a couple of specific items https://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/how-to-check-the-earth-day-and-night-cycle-in-warframe/

B) Set specific missions on the planet to be Day or Night forever (excluding Cetus and Plains of Eidolon, which will continue to cycle through day and night in real time). Even though Earth rotates, some mission nodes are located in the dark. It would make about as much sense as the current system of two different time cycles - Now people can get all types of plants at all times, but still have to visit different missions on the planet without needing to find out about the invisible timer which isn't linked to the other day/night cycle.

The missions in the red area would always be night time missions because they are in the dark (they might even have 'Night Time' in their mission name):

t0DGjBW.png

C) Add all of the unique day/night plants to the Plains as well (as suggested here in 2019)

Well, Cetus and the Hills of Eidola would have to have a cycle anyway because of the Eidolon thing.

The first suggestion makes the most sense, though personally I like the ideas mixed too. Have Cetus/HoE rotate but the remaining missions adhere to the map darkness so you can still get the plants all the time.

1 hour ago, at35z said:

Well, Cetus and the Hills of Eidola would have to have a cycle anyway because of the Eidolon thing.

The first suggestion makes the most sense, though personally I like the ideas mixed too. Have Cetus/HoE rotate but the remaining missions adhere to the map darkness so you can still get the plants all the time.

Yes, I'll edit that to exclude PoE as being 'always daytime'.

Archived