The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't I add or join a clan if the game is cross-platform

Narugo95

Question

11 answers to this question

I expect the technical explanation of the issues would probably be incomprehensible without a significant knowledge of the mechanics of implementations of clans in each individual platform.  Could be any number of technical reasons.  Doubt they'd actually matter to you.

The practical explanation is "DE hasn't managed to get it working yet.  They'd like to, and are no doubt working on it, but don't have a firm timetable on when it will be available."

59 minutes ago, Phatose said:

I expect the technical explanation of the issues would probably be incomprehensible without a significant knowledge of the mechanics of implementations of clans in each individual platform.  Could be any number of technical reasons.  Doubt they'd actually matter to you.

The practical explanation is "DE hasn't managed to get it working yet.  They'd like to, and are no doubt working on it, but don't have a firm timetable on when it will be available."

That's the big problem with warframe for me, there's no firm schedule for anything, plus everything takes a S#&$ty amount of time to get done.

10 hours ago, Narugo95 said:

I love the game and wish I could do clan stuff with my cross-platform friends 2 on ps4 1 on xbox

Perhaps a little wonky but if all three clans chose the same research color or item (looking at you Hema) then all four of you could farm for whatever resource item is needed in the same squad.  Working together but kinda not really at the same time.  For where we are in regard to the state of multi platform clans, this is the best way to have a unified farming strategy.

Il y a 8 heures, nerfinator6 a dit :

if they're even going to.

DE is actively working on cross-save.

When cross-save will be available, I cannot imagine a reason as to why cross-clans wouldn't work.

If you are able to play on any platform with any account, there should be no more restrictions to join clans of any platform.

18 hours ago, RafMatador22 said:

That's the big problem with warframe for me, there's no firm schedule for anything, plus everything takes a S#&$ty amount of time to get done.

Warframe is a live service game that's always being updated and wants you to return to play regularly so there are long term goals and some time gating. If you want a game that you're not waiting for, you're playing the wrong type of game. Buy a game that's been out for at least several months so that even any day one bugs have been patched and you aren't waiting on anything because the game is "complete" and you can play it at your own pace.

Similar to my situation: a PS friend created a Clan but seems unable to invite me, a PC Player.

I was told (in the region chat) that there's a way/solution around this "invitation problem", by meeting each other in the Dojo itself, altough I fail to grasp it...?

Il y a 2 heures, Inominable a dit :

Similar to my situation: a PS friend created a Clan but seems unable to invite me, a PC Player.

I was told (in the region chat) that there's a way/solution around this "invitation problem", by meeting each other in the Dojo itself, altough I fail to grasp it...?

There is not.

Only cross-play is available right now, nothing else.

Cross-friend and cross-clan will likely become a thing when cross-save gets released.

10 hours ago, GilgaMelchi said:

There is not.

Only cross-play is available right now, nothing else.

Cross-friend and cross-clan will likely become a thing when cross-save gets released.

Yes, what the OP left off, it the game is cross-platform play, not fully cross-platform as they were thinking.

So no trading, no friends, not being in the same clan when in different platforms. Also no saving on one platform, then logging in on another and playing where you left off.

Strangely enough, you can visit a dojo from another platform (not sure why you would want to, since you can't trade there, which is the main reason I visit another player's dojo). This probably comes from the fact that relays had to be opened to cross-platform, so that we could all use the same game features like Baro Ki'Teer. Also you go to places like Cetus and select Bounties and play in those cross-platform (if you have that enabled).

Personally, I want to see the friends and clan opened up soon so my stepson can join the same clan as us and we can put him in our friends list and trade items with him. I do this with my wife on her PC, but my stepson on XBox is a bit isolated. We play in squads with him, but he mostly plays solo, not liking how the cross-platform play often leaves him entering and exiting from missions a bit delayed from us on PCs.

Archived