The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

10 Year Anniversary Community Showcase [WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

[DE]Ronnie

Phew, finished just in time! Wanted to do a sort of posterlike lineup representing some of my favorite moments. Ranging from creating and sparing my first lich, turning enemy to ally, the most impactful quest for me which was the Sacrifice, the parallels and splits between my Operator and Drifter, alongside my loyal kavat and Ordis. Set on my favorite location: Lua. 

I hope everyone's having a great anniversary so far <3 

L4BbAKd.jpeg

*SPOILERS FOR THE NEW WAR*

I started playing in February 2015, I remember staying up all night playing the game that day I had so much fun, then later that year The Second Dream dropped and on top of the fun gameplay I got hooked by the story. I came back to the game a few months ago and finished The New War and it just blew me away, the opening scene, going down the elevator in Fortuna, and this scene I drew are among my favorites, specially the ending, after years of not knowing where this story would go and getting this ending made me cry.

I am very excited to see where the game goes with Duviri and beyond, here's to many more years 🎂

She saved me / I saved her

Fs8OlrtXsAAlPzd?format=jpg&name=4096x409

hk2JPZl.png

Back up, a week or so. I noticed a video on YouTube ...

QM394Jw.png

INTERESTING, that where some feel horror, I find amazement, as a sense of beautiful wonder, mystery and imagination? I remember having literally laughed out loud upon the rise of that visage - (in the literal sense, not in the sense of the "psychological horror game" with that title, which I did not know existed at all until ten minutes ago when I did a quick google search to confirm my spelling of "visage" and its conformity with meaning) - but I was not laughing at it. I was laughing with delight in the fabulously "OVER-THE-TOP" surprise presentation of a form that had already been long-suggested in components:

Lohk - Void "Beyond The Wall Of Lohk" - The title of a yet to be read academic text by Albrecht Entrati in class aboard the Zariman. His own description of the "wall between worlds." His daughters reference: "The Wall of Lohk, I had my proofs, my father's I could hear him... I could hear him tapping... tapping at the Untime door. We went in but again, he wasn't there." The sheering and indentations of the head of The Wall visage being what would remain, if the part of the head concealed by the the headpiece on the statue of Albrecht Entrati (also seen in his portrait, with his right hand resting upon it, with his left hand behind his back) was removed. The confused ramblings of the reconstructed Natah projection espousing ""Our history is smoke. Blurred by dreams. Guided by ghosts. A voice, a Void, lurks inside you, its purpose not yet shown," and recalling, "I have seen the wall's other face, too. I have heard the voice." "The being known by the Ostrons as 'the Unum', and to ignorant offworlders as 'the Wall', has a reputation for prophecy. ... the Unum has no use for wealth, and she alone decides who will hear her words, and when. Ostrons believe she sits at the pin-center of the universe, listening to the infinite poetry of cause-and-effect. Some visitors to her chamber leave bitterly disappointed, others elated, others furious. But one thing is certain: the information she imparts changes the person who receives it. In the dying days of the Orokin, with forums and promenades still blood-wet from Tenno betrayal, a colossal Sentient descended upon ancient Er, falling from distant stars to deliver upon Orokin a terrible and final ruin. Tower upon Tower fell to its weapons, but one withstood. The Tower of the Unum."

The face of the visage is smiling. The doppelganger of the operator sits atop it, laughing.

Throughout the game, following the Chains Of Harrow quest, the doppelganger of the operator appears engaged in mid-activity, doing everything which the operator can not. Laughing, playing, fooling about, lounging around, or in other terms engaged in "fun and gaiety, aimless activity, purposeless meandering and puttering, and so on." Always doing something which conforms with the commentary of A.H. Maslow on American (or Orokin) psychology, and what it neglects, (recounted in Alan Watts' discourse concerning the attitude of parents towards children).

"A little while ago, I was reading a book called Motivation and Personality, by A.H. Maslow (who is a professor of psychology at the University of Brandeis), and he had amassed together a very amusing set of quotations from about thirteen representative and authoritative American psychologists. And they were all saying words to the effect that the main drive behind all forms of animate activity was the survival of the species. In other words, all the manifestations of life are regarded by these men as intensely purposive. And the purpose and the value for which they strive is the value of survival. And Maslow commented on this, that American [Orokin] psychology, as a result of its contact with the culture, is over pragmatic, over puritan, and over purposive. That no textbooks on psychology have chapters on fun and gaiety, or on aimless activity, or on purposeless meandering and puttering, and so on. And he said they are neglecting what may be one whole (and even the most important) half of life. In other words, it is a basic premise of the culture that life is work, and it’s serious. And herein lies it’s lack of joy; life is real, life is earnest."

Immediately following The Chains Of Harrow, I saw the most wonderful thing.

The greatest moment.

A vision of the operator, not as a stiff near-automaton, earnest and deathly serious, with some cynicism (at best) to imply "character," but sitting cross-legged atop a console, completely relaxed, casual, smiling, leaning forward in the midst of some jovial flirtation and gossiping, periodically half-falling backward in laughter. Somehow, that is and was horrifying to gamers. A Warframe 10th Anniversary post on social media has announced a contest for players to recreate their favorite moment from Warframe. Well, that was it. But I'm not really a gamer. Will anyone see what I do in it?

PEaeDNa.png

I used to love speed running through Lua over and over in the past with Nova in hopes of scoring the fully built forma. Opening this box will always be exciting. And something about the music truly resonates with me. I'd say this is my favorite map tile in the whole game.tlFiTUJ.jpg

I was inspired by participating with a community creator I discovered while looking for Twitch drops. The Arbitration mission lasted for over 35 minutes, but at the end I was the last Tenno standing. Holding everyone's rewards in my hands with an audience's eyes on me was pumping me full of adrenaline, the most I had ever experienced playing the game at that point. As much as I wanted to get to 40 minutes, I sprinted for extraction and made it out alive. For better quality image: https://twitter.com/snailspath18/status/1643574262022930433/photo/1 tennoversary.Gyre.final.jpg?width=976&he

(I'm going by Irus_yo on twitter. I just can't get myself to change my old nickname in the game)

My favorite moment is the sacrifice quest. I really loved it and remember it clearly to this day. This work was made with oil amd soft pastels on A3 paper format.

https://imgur.com/a/TcSy0Y3

Posting the link to the same picture on twitter. Just in case if the first won't work and as a prove that it was made by me. 

https://twitter.com/Irus_yo/status/1643569361960030219?t=p8odkfgyoNyZfQvVtNgr-w&s=19

63325969_fmTyfCi0fhQTjlM.pngImage link here

My favourite warframe memory was the glitch that caused your warframe to start running while you were out of them. This was back when the plains were still fairly new, and my friends and I were hunting Eidalons, except when we turned around to get back into our warframes there was Ember disappearing into the horizon.

Honestly, I'd run away from an eidalon too.

This is also my first time doing a proper warrame drawing. Happy 10 years!

Archived