The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Switch to primary/secondary button

0Midas0

It would be nice to have a keybind that can just swap to a specific weapon, instead of toggling between them. Sometimes in the chaos of the fight, combined with animations on the weapons, or knockdowns/knockbacks/etc, it can be hard to tell if I actually switched to the weapon I wanted to switch to. The quicker swap time with the ranged update has compounded this a bit. It would help a lot if I had the option of having a button that just switches to primary regardless of what I'm currently holding, and the same for secondaries. 

20 minutes ago, 0Midas0 said:

Sometimes in the chaos of the fight, combined with animations on the weapons, or knockdowns/knockbacks/etc, it can be hard to tell if I actually switched to the weapon I wanted to switch to.

I am reminded of Halo/Destiny

where being Animation Locked, Does Not prevent weapon swapping. so the player is in complete control of their loadout at all times, a factor in whey that series has a reputation for the best gunplay system

be nice if Warframe could adopt the same weapon swapping system

(basically, even if you're being staggered or knockdown, tapping swap will still swap; it just doesn't display the usual weapon swap animation, but when you stand back up you'll be holding what you expected)

35 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I am reminded of Halo/Destiny

where being Animation Locked, Does Not prevent weapon swapping. so the player is in complete control of their loadout at all times, a factor in whey that series has a reputation for the best gunplay system

be nice if Warframe could adopt the same weapon swapping system

(basically, even if you're being staggered or knockdown, tapping swap will still swap; it just doesn't display the usual weapon swap animation, but when you stand back up you'll be holding what you expected)

this would go well with the instant swap that we have now anyways. 

As a console player being forced to using only the controller, I would like an Option to get rid of the swap weapon button. I prefer a button to fire my secondary weapon instead. That way I can freely use all three weapon instantly at a moment notice. Sadly this will never happen since swapping weapons also make us drop whatever item we picked up.

1 hour ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

That way I can freely use all three weapon instantly at a moment notice. Sadly this will never happen since swapping weapons also make us drop whatever item we picked up.

That's why companion should carry those stuffs.

On 2023-03-20 at 2:51 PM, quxier said:

On PC there are already 2 buttons that are already doing the same. So 1 can be "switch to Primary" another "switch to secondary".

Yes, exactly. I'm not even really sure how 'Switch Weapon' and 'Switch Gun' are supposed to differ anyways. Would much rather just have one be primary, the other be secondary. 

Archived