The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This gameplay shown by Pablo doesn’t get me excited.

No, you are. I simply posted evidence. 

The thread discuss the skepticism and why people are not excited with what Pablo shown about Duviri. Many people have good reasons to think that way. If you want to argue on that fine. The video is there. You arrive at your own conclusions. 

Who really cares about distant past problems? Bugs that did or didn't occur years ago don't matter right now. It's expected that a new mode comes with bugs that need to be hammered out anyway.

I like railjack. I still play it today sometimes. Friends have watched me or others play it on Discord or Twitch and decided to try warframe specifically because of how enthralling railjack appeared on the stream. Ultimately that mode isn't a bust; it's an asset. You're still a warframe doing warframe things.

But I do feel that it needs a bit more focus from DE. The space battles and away missions are fun but there's a need for some changes to make the experience efficient. It also wouldn't hurt to have endless missions that don't involve a basic defense or survival mission. Basically the mode is fun but it needs tuning.

6 minutes ago, Aasha said:

Who really cares about distant past problems? Bugs that did or didn't occur years ago don't matter right now. It's expected that a new mode comes with bugs that need to be hammered out anyway.

Yes of course but we are simply reviewing history. Would be catastrophic for DE if they launch Junk while the community seems uncertain with Duviri. That again will be the perfect storm. I hope that such storm doesn't happen. I would like to see a fair good release and enough momentum for a Railjack comeback. 

6 minutes ago, Aasha said:

I like railjack. I still play it today sometimes. Friends have watched me or others play it on Discord or Twitch and decided to try warframe specifically because of how enthralling railjack appeared on the stream. Ultimately that mode isn't a bust; it's an asset. You're still a warframe doing warframe things.

But I do feel that it needs a bit more focus from DE. The space battles and away missions are fun but there's a need for some changes to make the experience efficient. It also wouldn't hurt to have endless missions that don't involve a basic defense or survival mission. Basically the mode is fun but it needs tuning.

Indeed. Me too. 

But I was expecting THIS out of Railjack. 

At least someone else catered my needs. Either way this is something DE can do adding such approach to Warframe, in my opinion. But well, we got, you know, RailJack lite. 

See 44:40 That gives you an idea. But it's almost the whole video. I was expecting something like that. I'm glad that other developers provided me X4 and Everspace 2. 

DE is good for one thing, the warframes. I like this game because of them. Nowhere else such experience exist. If I want to play Soulwarframe: Shadows of the colossus elden ring lite I go directly to Elden Ring, Shadows of the Colossus or any other game like Dark Souls 3 or Bloodburne. 

I'll see reviews and lurk around how Duviri is doing after a month. It's free anyway....

Feels like it kinda nailed what I'm seeing at 44:40 (unless you're seeing something on a layer I'm not paying attention to which is entirely possible).

Railjack I can see getting better if they wanted to build onto it or tweak it. Even flying a ship around it still somehow feels like Warframe. Probably because you can always hop out of the pilot seat, board another ship, and fight as a warframe.

Duviri feels fundamentally changed. I'm sure there will be people that enjoy it but it's largely avoiding the aspect that collectively draws everyone.

6 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Considering I knew you said you'll quit Warframe if you don't get to kill lotus in the new war, I want to say "I told ya" that people are just bluffing about it

Well technically I did quit, I only log in to check if there is anything new, the last time I fully played was when Khora Prime came out (As in full hours, daily or weekly play, etc).

The Prime Frame I have atm I think is Barruk Prime, the only reason why I have him and Rev Prime was due to a friend of mine was generous enough to gift them for me and on I think Xmas day, he also gave me some Plat as a Gift, so I just outright bought the 2 new frames packs (Wolf girl and Gem Girl and Weapons, etc). But none are levelled or only a few levels in, only time I kinda played for a few hours was due to Wolf Frame came out (cuz I'm a furry) but I stopped shortly after. Also, half of the Prime Warframes I own is still sitting at level 0 (and most of my weapons)

So, technically I did, but at the same time I didn't, so I'll take the L on this one

(I also  technically did kill the Lotus, as I choose Natah but shush, let me have this)

21 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Farming and grinding are two different words for sure, you got that one right. I've seen people using one and the other making the distinctions without the confusion. Some players gets annoyed by the time it takes getting some resources using the adjective grinding. If it is or isn't it's up to you. In this one I'll not convince you. Think anything you like. It doesn't change what we have in front of us. 

This one is funny. 

It's call marketing, Ervin. You can't make a good impression twice. It's impossible, that is your chance. What was shown in that video sucked ass, period. That's it. Sorry for being this blunt. Why should you show something that is not satisfactory despite if people wants to see it? Yes, it's a work in progress but haven't we heard that same excuse for a span of ten years? Oh man...

That build will not change much when the game is about to release soon. I would be deeply surprised if such game where revealed using Unreal engine version 5.0 or greater. You are free to believe anything you want. Well I guess that applies for me too. :D

That is kinda the point I'm making. It isnt grinding unless you dislike the activity. WF is a game about farming resources and collecting thing, when it gets to a point you dont enjoy it you will label it as grinding. No game is naturally a grind, it becomes one overtime as your enjoyment of the farm is reduced. WF has been at that point for me, some parts of it still are when I have to collect something from an activity I do not enjoy. Voruna and Citrine would have been grinds for me if they didnt have SP settings for the farm, fissures used to be grinds for me when they were locked to normal mode only, and still feel like a grind when I have to step into normal, because it is just too trivial with abyssmal spawn rates and so on. It simply isnt fun at the point I'm at in the game.

And no that isnt marketing. Because the people showcasing those things are not doing it from a marketing perspective. By your words, conventions should not exsist as places for people to visit, since no game shown at a convention is at a near release state. So all games fail at first impressions. Early access games would also not be able to sustain themselves by that same "logic" since they practically "sell" marketing at that point and risk massive backlash for their minimal product if people actually thought a game would turn out like shown, or in those cases turn out as experienced at first impression. But that isnt how people actually reason, since they know what a pre-alpha showcase entails, they know what early access is and expect nothing more and nothing less.

What game are you impying will release soon? Soulframe? That game is atleast a year or more away before "release" at which point it will very likely follow WF release and be an early access founder game in alpha state to begin with, then a beta release free to the public. If it will stay beta forever or not we dont know. Also, what is your unhealthy obsession with UE5? I'd like to see how it performs in more games before passing judgement or promoting it to be used elsewhere. Preferably in some multiplayer games so we can see if the flaws of previous versions are gone in the 5. So far all we've seen from it are fancy renderings and its use in videos/movies, not in any serious gameplay setting.

And I dont really care if things look great if there are performance issues tied to it, hard to enjoy purdy graphics if the game doesnt run at a smooth and stable rate. And that has pretty much been the story of UE over the years. The only time I've actually played a UE game without bigger issues was when I played Fortnite Save the World, which is made directly by Epic. 

Plus I dont see a reason to move to a new engine when you can already do beautiful graphics with the one you have and the devs know the ins and outs of it because it is their own. And if any newer devs has issues with it, getting your questions answered or help directly is just just a few steps away within the same building.

6 hours ago, Aasha said:

Feels like it kinda nailed what I'm seeing at 44:40 (unless you're seeing something on a layer I'm not paying attention to which is entirely possible).

Railjack I can see getting better if they wanted to build onto it or tweak it. Even flying a ship around it still somehow feels like Warframe. Probably because you can always hop out of the pilot seat, board another ship, and fight as a warframe.

Duviri feels fundamentally changed. I'm sure there will be people that enjoy it but it's largely avoiding the aspect that collectively draws everyone.

I will say more...

Railjack IS Warframe because you can sneak the enemy, get other ships with YOUR Warframe and invade the crew. It's a Galleon to Galleon experience. Even the Warframe slingshot makes it MORE AWESOME. All involves THE WARFRAME. 

Can I have a rest from the Warframe? If DE gives me the opportunity to play with the Warframe After I finish the quest, then I will simply be happy with such pace. However that will not be the case at the moment. 

I can't demand what DE must do or not. True. I can't ask what I want, true. But if other games provides me what I want, I'll move towards those other games if DE resists on finishing their own dream of Railjack. 

To be honest, ten years is more than enough. I expect better from DE. Now they are not your average indie developer. They are grown ups with 416 employees in their Studios with a great building at the level of SANTA MONICA, GUERRILLA GAMES, SUCKER PUNCH, INSOMNIAC, TEAM ICO and FROM SOFTWARE. I expect more from them. This is why my critiques will be more demanding for the games they produce. They WILL BE JUDGED as an AAA studio. 

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

And I dont really care if things look great if there are performance issues tied to it, hard to enjoy purdy graphics if the game doesnt run at a smooth and stable rate. And that has pretty much been the story of UE over the years. The only time I've actually played a UE game without bigger issues was when I played Fortnite Save the World, which is made directly by Epic. 

Ervin, sorry for being this blunt but the Engine that DE has now is crap in comparison to Unreal engine 5.1 and now 5.2. 

CDPR is moving Cyberpunk 2 to Unreal engine for a REASON, a triple A studio. 

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Plus I dont see a reason to move to a new engine when you can already do beautiful graphics with the one you have and the devs know the ins and outs of it because it is their own. And if any newer devs has issues with it, getting your questions answered or help directly is just just a few steps away within the same building.

If you do not want to see it, that's fine. 

I'll help you. 

This is an excerpt of things to come. Keep in mind this is NOT the Unreal Engine 5. Things will look better in Unreal Engine 5. 

This gives an idea of how graphics should look in 2023. 

Just now, Felsagger said:

Ervin, sorry for being this blunt but the Engine that DE has now is crap in comparison to Unreal engine 5.1 and now 5.2. 

I'll help you. 

This is an excerpt of things to come. Keep in mind this is NOT the Unreal Engine 5. Things will look better in Unreal Engine 5. 

And Cyberpunk turned into a multiplayer game when exactly? Like I said, UE have had problems for years across different iterations when it comes to multiplayer games. The latest being Outriders on UE4. Atleast they were smart about it and reduced/solved stability and performance issues by limiting multiplayer to 3 person groups. Another issue with UE that has been present for generations is "stack" counts tied to the UI, where most devs avoid stacking beyond 999.999 in games based on UE. And last I check I sat with 50-90 million credits in WF along with resources well above the 1 million count. Maybe it is solved with UE5, but I doubts it, since it has been part of it up to and through UE4.

26 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

They WILL BE JUDGED as an AAA studio. 

Kinda odd outlook on things when we are talking about a studio creating F2P games and also publishes those games on their own.

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

And Cyberpunk turned into a multiplayer game when exactly?

There will be a multiplayer in Unreal 5.1. Those are the plans of CDPR in Cyberpunk 2. There will be plans for PvP and many other community related features in the game. 

Like I said, UE have had problems for years across different iterations when it comes to multiplayer games. The latest being Outriders on UE4. Atleast they were smart about it and reduced/solved stability and performance issues by limiting multiplayer to 3 person groups. Another issue with UE that has been present for generations is "stack" counts tied to the UI, where most devs avoid stacking beyond 999.999 in games based on UE. And last I check I sat with 50-90 million credits in WF along with resources well above the 1 million count. Maybe it is solved with UE5, but I doubts it, since it has been part of it up to and through UE4.

Kinda odd outlook on things when we are talking about a studio creating F2P games and also publishes those games on their own.

Ok, fine. 

Why I can't call and board my Railjack in Fortuna like I've seen IN A 2017 RAILJACK ANNOUNCEMENT demo now IN the year 2023? 

21 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:
49 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

They WILL BE JUDGED as an AAA studio. 

His outlook is just more focused on their capability than their bank roll is all. Both are valid outlooks.

48 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I'll help you. 

Here is our rival MMORPG game. This is their trailer... Let's compare it with our game... Every time, they announce their new updates. It makes me feel refreshed to show great energy.

7 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Burh, all this talk about the actual update and we don't have any news on when it's out :X

THANK YOU PSI.........

BRAVO. THIS IS THE POINT. We exactly don't know how REAL is this Duviri update. Everything is SO FREAKIN TIGHT LIPPED as if DE where evading a catastrophe or something. 

This is WHY I am concerned. 

1 minute ago, Felsagger said:

There will be a multiplayer in Unreal 5.1. Those are the plans of CDPR in Cyberpunk 2. There will be plans for PvP and many other community related features in the game. 

Ok, fine. 

Why I can't call and board my Railjack in Fortuna like I've seen IN A 2017 RAILJACK ANNOUNCEMENT demo now IN the year 2023? 

It will also be a brand new game, not an engine switch of an already exsisting one. That doesnt mean it will be a good idea or work without problems. It just means they needed a new engine for some reason. And so far we cannot see that with WF since we just dont have issues near what CD-Projekt suffered with CP2077. They'll use UE for Witcher aswell. 

And you as someone who hates early reveals, how much of the "plans for PvP" and "community related features" can you trust? They dont even know yet if they will actually add any multiplayer features, since the game is still many many many years off into the future. 2027 is the expected year, which I'll take with a grain of salt considering how 2077 development schedules went.

The reason you cant see that feature is because it simply didnt work to implement in the actual game? Not easy to solve in a game based on hosts and clients considering Orb Vallis isnt a hub, so already a mission. Which makes it wonky with the matchmaker we already have when you try to introduce it to the public and not a group already set up for it to work without problems.

4 minutes ago, Sporthand said:

Here is our rival MMORPG game. This is their trailer... Let's compare it with our game...

First: Not an MMO. 2: Not a rival, since it isnt a F2P game in reality.

In Destiny 2 you practically pay for every single update, which is then distributed to the game as a staggered release, where it looks like you get free content, but it is all actually all just content that is part of the expansion you payed for. Destiny 2 had a decent "free" setup at start, which was overall delete at the arrival of a certain expansion.

If anything, WF is rivaled by games like PoE or Genshin Impact, Phantasy Star Online and games that follow the same mindset of "all playable content is free". So you can come and go as you like and test the new releases and leave or stay depending on if you like them, without paying first.

First: Not an MMO. 2: Not a rival, since it isnt a F2P game in reality.

In Destiny 2 you practically pay for every single update, which is then distributed to the game as a staggered release, where it looks like you get free content, but it is all actually all just content that is part of the expansion you payed for. Destiny 2 had a decent "free" setup at start, which was overall delete at the arrival of a certain expansion.

If anything, WF is rivaled by games like PoE or Genshin Impact, Phantasy Star Online and games that follow the same mindset of "all playable content is free". So you can come and go as you like and test the new releases and leave or stay depending on if you like them, without paying first.

You are right about paying to unlock the contents in D2 since they generate revenue. But, even still, our game, WF, could be more competitive and alive than the current situation. I usually play and stop after the steel path matches since I feel unmotivated after playing repetitive missions for 10 minutes. Now, I am here to share my idea to improve the game rather than continue to play it. I rarely play our game unless people want me to compete with my kill counts during the match. When I play rail jack mission, I hardly match with fellow Tennos in the random match.

s6Y1TvV.jpg

WF is a sci-fi RPG game, as we normally use big guns.  And, we love shooting in Murica style LIKE HIM!

14 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It will also be a brand new game, not an engine switch of an already exsisting one. That doesnt mean it will be a good idea or work without problems. It just means they needed a new engine for some reason. And so far we cannot see that with WF since we just dont have issues near what CD-Projekt suffered with CP2077. They'll use UE for Witcher aswell. 

SAY HELLO to Railjack Launch. 

And you as someone who hates early reveals, how much of the "plans for PvP" and "community related features" can you trust?

After the biblical, grotesque and monumental backslash that CDPR had? They better not fail.....

They dont even know yet if they will actually add any multiplayer features, since the game is still many many many years off into the future. 2027 is the expected year, which I'll take with a grain of salt considering how 2077 development schedules went.

Fine, I ask again why I can't board my railjack in 2023 like it was shown almost SEVEN YEARS AGO in the announcement trailer in 2017? 

The reason you cant see that feature is because it simply didnt work to implement in the actual game? Not easy to solve in a game based on hosts and clients considering Orb Vallis isnt a hub, so already a mission. Which makes it wonky with the matchmaker we already have when you try to introduce it to the public and not a group already set up for it to work without problems.

Yeah, that's right. You said it. Because the ENGINE and the infrastructure IS OLD. 

OR

DE made a compromise that they where UNABLE TO FULFILL with a misleading advertisement. 

Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, Sporthand said:

You are right about paying to unlock the contents in D2 since they generate revenue. But, even still, our game, WF, could be more competitive and alive than the current situation. I usually play and stop after the steel path matches since I feel unmotivated after playing repetitive missions for 10 minutes. Now, I am here to share my idea to improve the game rather than continue to play it. I rarely play our game unless people want me to compete with my kill counts during the match. When I play rail jack mission, I hardly match with fellow Tennos in the random match.

I'm just trying to figure out what you are actually trying to say or what the point is.

4 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

SAY HELLO to Railjack Launch. 

After the biblical, grotesque and monumental backslash that CDPR had? They better not fail.....

Fine, I ask again why I can't board my railjack in 2023 like it was shown almost SEVEN YEARS AGO in the announcement trailer in 2017? 

Yeah, that's right. You said it. Because the ENGINE and the infrastructure IS OLD. 

OR

DE made a compromise that they where UNABLE TO FULFILL with a misleading advertisement. 

Thank you. 

Still sitting here with barely any problems in RJ vanilla. And the problems in RJ were tied to the same thing as the rest of the game, poor host situations really. And here again I'm not sure how you can compare a full priced AAA game with a seperate content releases that is free in an otherwise also fully free game.

And an engine swap would not allow for a seamless transition between Orb Vallis and space, since it isnt rooted in the engine. It is about the game being a peer to peer game and not a single player or MMO experience. I mean, the first thing I thought when I saw it was "is the RJ in OV a new hub?" and thought DE would implement hideouts similar to PoE. Which they might have thought about considering the new Orbiter biome on earth is strangely similar to what could be expected from a PoE-style hideout or surface to space RJ interaction.

I mean, yeah it is sad they showed something that hyped people up. But in the end, people should have known better considering we know how we interact with others in the game, and things like that require access to things we dont have nor ever will.

Archived