The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nitain extract

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

I wasn't thinking about nitain extract and only just realized I can't use my previous NW points (like 300) for anything and this week emptied my current NW points by buying moron fatalist/reactor BPs. Looking in my codex I have Ivara Prime but Ivara requires a bunch of nitain extract so I'm screwed. 

Per wiki i have the Cetus bounties since finding three caches is very time consuming. 

Just wondering:

Anyone know of any tricks or any better way of obtaining nitain extract?

12 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

it is only from nightwave

Yep.  Although it technically has alternate acquisition methods, the drop rates are so low that it's unrealistic.

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I've done all but the "perfect animal captures in orb vallis"

Then wait until tomorrow night when it resets and you get a whole new slew of weekly challenges.  You don't need to wait for a new series...

...unless you've already hit the max prestige rank.  Is that possible yet?  I've kind of stopped caring about NW prestige ranks, so I haven't exactly been maxing out my weekly challenges this series.

3 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

wait until tomorrow night when it resets and you get a whole new slew of weekly challenges.  You don't need to wait for a new series...

I traded all my NW credits bc I didn't want to forget and hit the end. I never had a notification last time and I'm sitting on 300 credits unused. That could have gotten me a lot of nitain extract. So i was asking so I'd know when the last day to spend my credits would be.

Yes I'm at max, except the 6 perfect animal captures which I just don't want to do

36 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I traded all my NW credits bc I didn't want to forget and hit the end. I never had a notification last time and I'm sitting on 300 credits unused. That could have gotten me a lot of nitain extract. So i was asking so I'd know when the last day to spend my credits would be.

Yes I'm at max, except the 6 perfect animal captures which I just don't want to do

I don't mean "max" for the week.  I mean "max" for the entire series/season.  What is your prestige rank?

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

If I'm looking at the right thing my prestige tier is 59

Then, though I could be wrong, it's reasonable to believe that you'll get a new set of weekly challenges when it resets tomorrow evening.  6PM ET, I think.  And the new set of challenges should allow you to exceed rank 59.

Edit: It looks like the max prestige rank can vary between "seasons" of Nightwave.  In some cases, the max prestige rank has been 60.  So you might only be able to earn one more rank.  The wiki seems to indicate that you can hit prestige rank 150 this time, though, so you might be safe.

There are alternative ways to getting Nitain Extract, like catches and certain bounties, but Nightwave is by far the best way most time effective and easiest way, even usually if you have to wait. To put it in perspective, you could try and use the alternative methods... and play non stop, and you would still have a better probability just waiting for the next weekly reset, or even if Nighwave series finishes, waiting for the new one. 

I mean, I suppose the Ghoul Purge bounty has better odds than either Zealoid Prelate drop chance or Resource Cache Rotation C reward but yeah. Well unless you actively enjoy doing any of those, then maybe give it a chance. Only one more day for weekly reset otherwise.

Archived