Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give us Vote Kick function

Fogde

Please, for the love of all that is holy, give us the function to Vote Kick players.. I see so many bounty leeches, especially on Orb Vallis, but you can't do anything about them. They just fly somewhere where they wont get killed by mobs and then go afk till you have done the bounty for them.
I dispise these low life players who just enters a bounty and expect to get free rep., so please, give us a way to get rid of these players. Preferable also that if they get kicked enough times within a certain timeframe, they can't enter bounties again for like 72 hours as punishment.

No Way Meme GIF

the system can and WILL be abused by bad actors
that's how discrimination happens especially now with cross platform: see different platform person? vote kick. yeah nah,
better for you to find a different lobby or just come prepared to deal with things by yourself than ruining the game for everyone else.

EDIT: forums have a search function btw, you're not the first to ask for this and get denied.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb EDM774:

No Way Meme GIF

the system can and WILL be abused by bad actors
that's how discrimination happens especially now with cross platform: see different platform person? vote kick. yeah nah,
better for you to find a different lobby or just come prepared to deal with things by yourself than ruining the game for everyone else.

EDIT: forums have a search function btw, you're not the first to ask for this and get denied.

jep. this. recruit a squad can help if its such an issue for OP. also not everyone is leeching. happens if u just join an open world to get some material, that u get thrown into a ongoing bounty.  

Here's something else to consider: what happens when it fails? As you can see from responses, people aren't so up in arms that they're demanding a vote kick function. Would they be likely to use it if it were made? If not, then what? Now you have 2-3 people to get mad over instead of one leech? Or maybe, if you really keep spamming a vote call, they vote-kick you instead.

Probably best to leave Pandora's box closed on this one.

So I can vote to kick Wisp when they use a shock mote on defense

or Nova when they bring a slowva instead of speedva

or Frost when his snow globe is blocking my shots more than protecting me

or Khora when they're strangledoming enemies, but not killing them, causing the waves to drag on forever

or Hildryn, cause she keeps putting overshields on me when I'm running a Rage build

etc

Ok, that'll go well

2 hours ago, Fogde said:

bounty leeches, especially on Orb Vallis, but you can't do anything about them

Uhh, you realize that in Open Worlds, if you don't want to deal with someone you can hit the "leave squad" button at any time

and this will kick everyone out of your session, allowing you to continue the bounty without losing any progress.

Spoiler

actually, its splitting OP into his own session, not necessarilly kicking everyone else out (unless he happens to be host). But same practical purpose, lets OP get away from the 'leech'

1 час назад, (XBOX)Shodian сказал:

We really don't need a vote kick.

And we have a leave squad, it's called "quit mission"

Oh, you are so "smart". Bravoooo. Tell me what happens, when you use Quit Mission? Do your rewards save? Does your spent time MAGICALLY RETURNS?

Does the timed mission like a Void Fissure returns back, if it was expired?

We need "Leave Squad" button to be availiable outside of Eidolon, in order to to not loose progress if we are in an unfit party or we want to stay alone on the mission.

And we need Vote Kick to remove malicious actors who do their best to disrupt the mission, like Banish Spammers.

1 hour ago, KVenom said:

We need "Leave Squad" button to be availoable outside of Eidolon, in order to to not loose progress if we are in an unfit party or we want to stay alone on the mission.

If the party is unfit, you leave right away before you get rewards. And if you want to go alone, play solo.

1 hour ago, KVenom said:

we need Vote Kick to remove mnalicious actors who do their best to disrupt the mission, like Banish Spammers

Just quit out and get a new squad.

On 2023-04-16 at 5:47 AM, Fogde said:

Please, for the love of all that is holy, give us the function to Vote Kick players.. I see so many bounty leeches, especially on Orb Vallis, but you can't do anything about them. They just fly somewhere where they wont get killed by mobs and then go afk till you have done the bounty for them.
I dispise these low life players who just enters a bounty and expect to get free rep., so please, give us a way to get rid of these players. Preferable also that if they get kicked enough times within a certain timeframe, they can't enter bounties again for like 72 hours as punishment.

So... what's to stop PC players from just vote-kicking console players the instant they join?

Is the current system of matchmaking great for things like this?  Not great, no - but I don't see the proposed solution of Vote Kicking solving the issue very well. 

However, I can easily see Vote Kicking used for trolling, or for removing players of a given system you don't like.  How would you suggest that be addressed?

What we need are more matchmaking options, not a "vote to kick" system that can and will be misused and result in lots of players who just want to play the game being unfairly singled out.

For example, being able to match with players who are closer to your MR, running a specific relic, etc., or in open world, being able to queue for free roaming so you aren't placed in a squad running bounties and vice-versa to avoid having people who just want to free roam "leeching" off your bounty run.

Often it's impossible to know whether a particular member of a squad is going to be problematic until the mission actually gets going, at which point you can either quit the mission and forfeit your rewards or keep going despite the annoyance. A "leave squad" option at any time should be available to avoid having to leave the mission altogether.

34 минуты назад, (XBOX)Shodian сказал:

Just quit out and get a new squad.

And loose my progress? My rewards? How about you quit the game.

34 минуты назад, (XBOX)Shodian сказал:

If the party is unfit, you leave right away before you get rewards. And if you want to go alone, play solo.

You are an idiot. I just told you the situation: you want stay longer.  But your team doesn't, yet the whole waiting gimmick with things like survival actually ruins it, due to the fact that enemy spawns are moving with the players. But noooooooooooooo. You just hate change, that's all.

Not to mention malicious people. People who spam Banish to troll and annoy players. How are you supposed to deal with them without Votekicking?

14 minutes ago, KVenom said:

Not to mention malicious people. People who spam Banish to troll and annoy players. How are you supposed to deal with them without Votekicking?

I agree with most of your points, but I haven't seen anyone maliciously Banish-spamming in a long, long time. I've had maybe one single encounter that could be considered malicious in that way, but there's no way for me to know if it was on purpose or if they were just not accustomed to Limbo and were spamming abilities out of habit.

The ACTUAL way to deal with that would be to make it so that Limbo can't force his allies into the Rift—make it require some form of active confirmation. Vote-to-kick will be misused far more often, and it will only serve to strengthen the more toxic aspects of the community as a result. As annoying as a Limbo spamming Banish can be, it isn't something I see often enough to justify the very real possibility of people vote-kicking for genuinely harmless actions, like:

On 2023-04-16 at 10:53 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

So I can vote to kick Wisp when they use a shock mote on defense

or Nova when they bring a slowva instead of speedva

or Frost when his snow globe is blocking my shots more than protecting me

or Khora when they're strangledoming enemies, but not killing them, causing the waves to drag on forever

or Hildryn, cause she keeps putting overshields on me when I'm running a Rage build

etc

As I said previously, it would be better to have a "leave squad" option that does not quit the mission, so you can keep playing and keep your rewards earned.

31 минуту назад, (XBOX)Shodian сказал:

Leaving the squad and starting again.

And loosing my rewards? Seriously, you do you. You have ginormous free time to waste. I don't. I would rather kick those arsehats and be free. Besides Voting means "more than one person make the decision."

32 минуты назад, emmyemi сказал:

Vote-to-kick will be misused far more often

By who? Voting works by a majority. If 2 people won't vote, the kick won't happen. And if you think the squad is the problem - teh Eidolon's "Leave Squad Button" should be there.

32 минуты назад, emmyemi сказал:

I haven't seen anyone maliciously Banish-spamming in a long, long time.

Lucky you.

Just now, KVenom said:

By who? Voting works by a majority. If 2 people won't vote, the kick won't happen. And yf you think teh squad is the problem - teh Eidolon's "leave Squad Button" should be there.

Take a hypothetical defense mission:

- emmyemi voted to kick KVenom

[squadmate1] why?

[emmyemi] shock motes

- squadmate1 voted to kick KVenom

- squadmate2 voted to kick KVenom

- KVenom has been kicked.

Sure it may sound nice to be able to kick people from the squad easily, but I don't trust any gaming community to not do so in ways that are ultimately toxic to the experience of players who are literally just using the tools they have and trying to play the game.

If you have a problem with someone in the squad, you should have the option to leave the squad WITHOUT quitting the mission—that much I can agree with. Leaving without forfeiting rewards should always be an option. But vote-kicking won't be good for the overall health of the community, because meta and efficiency will always be valued higher than basic decency.

9 минут назад, emmyemi сказал:

Take a hypothetical defense mission:

- emmyemi voted to kick KVenom

[squadmate1] why?

[emmyemi] shock motes

- squadmate1 voted to kick KVenom

- squadmate2 voted to kick KVenom

- KVenom has been kicked.

Sure it may sound nice to be able to kick people from the squad easily, but I don't trust any gaming community to not do so in ways that are ultimately toxic to the experience of players who are literally just using the tools they have and trying to play the game.

If you have a problem with someone in the squad, you should have the option to leave the squad WITHOUT quitting the mission—that much I can agree with. Leaving without forfeiting rewards should always be an option. But vote-kicking won't be good for the overall health of the community, because meta and efficiency will always be valued higher than basic decency.

For starters: who in the F&#K uses Shock motes on Defence? A noob? Then that person should start learning a little. Clans Exsist for that. And so do "help" chat and the youtubers that certain Forums people so love to fanaticly follow.

Also, "toxic". Aahhaaha. Buddy, this game is way past that point. Look around you. Look at the forums. People here abuse things like asking clanmates to like/dislike, as well as "founder status" to spread misinformation and/or twist the facts. Not to mention people already use things like "NetBalancer" to kick people without voting. At all. I want to be able to to that the RIGHT way, without the person in question not knowing what happened and what they did wrong. And without risk of bans, obviously. (I never used Netbalancer  and such myself, since I am way too afraid of losing my only account that I been using since 2015)

3 минуты назад, emmyemi сказал:

Thanks for illustrating my point perfectly. I'll see myself out now. :)

I just literally disproved your point, by pointing out that usually people tell noobs to never use Shock motes. And I mentioned that "forced kicks" are already happening. Without votes.
Are you high?

11 minutes ago, KVenom said:

I just literally disproved your point, by pointing out that usually people tell noobs to never use Shock motes. And I mentioned that "forced kicks" are already happening. Without votes.
Are you high?

13 minutes ago, emmyemi said:

Thanks for illustrating my point perfectly. I'll see myself out now. :)

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Archived