Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggested fix for players who force missions

(PSN)DrReanimator

I have no clue where to put this sorry if it in the wrong catagory

There are a lot of players who start missions before everyone's ready and since some people load faster it gets worse.

My solution is this why not have it to where if someone is in the loading screen then no one can rush a mission.

People could also have a setting in options so that no one can rush a mission until they are ready I know plenty of people who would enjoy that setting myself included.

Edit: don't get me wrong I like to have my friends rush missions for me but that's because they are friends.

not only that I had some people make it to where I can't leave the group because they start before I'm out of a loading screen.

I had one player I was doing an earth mission with when we get out I'm in the loading screen when we he starts the roplolyst. At the time and possibly still I could barely handle that fight the instant I was in I left only to get hit with a mission failed and another loading screen.

13 minutes ago, (PSN)DrReanimator said:

My solution is this why not have it to where if someone is in the loading screen then no one can rush a mission.

Imagine people like me, slow connection, bad pc, not optimized cache etc. I go play with you and load within few minutes where you load it almost instantly. You have to wait that time doing nothing.

ps. I play solo for such reasons.

3 minutes ago, quxier said:

Imagine people like me, slow connection, bad pc, not optimized cache etc. I go play with you and load within few minutes where you load it almost instantly. You have to wait that time doing nothing.

ps. I play solo for such reasons.

Well it's better than having to do something and failing a mission cause you had to leave and going through 2 to 3 loading screens

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

Wait are we talking at the beginning of an actual mission. Waiting for people to load in? 

Or force starting a mission at navigation (repeat mission) before everyone is back at the bridge?

Maybe both but I mainly mean just for no one to rush a mission this could be cause someone is in a loading or in my settings idea when people want to use arsenal and upgrades

16 hours ago, (PSN)DrReanimator said:

Maybe both but I mainly mean just for no one to rush a mission this could be cause someone is in a loading or in my settings idea when people want to use arsenal and upgrades

So you are talking about the force mission start.  Then I agree.  I feel more people on console deal with this being abused than PC.

During the dog days event someone had me loading into the new mission before my load screen to get back to my ship. which freaked out my xbox.

I believe a kick back before all players have loaded back should be necessary.  Along with possibly a warning prompt for the force start.  As I have accidentally double clicked as well. 

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

So you are talking about the force mission start.  Then I agree.  I feel more people on console deal with this being abused than PC.

During the dog days event someone had me loading into the new mission before my load screen to get back to my ship. which freaked out my xbox.

I believe a kick back before all players have loaded back should be necessary.  Along with possibly a warning prompt for the force start.  As I have accidentally double clicked as well. 

I have no problem with it especially with friends we just need a way to prevent the bad players (for lack of a better term)

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PSN)DrReanimator:

I have no problem with it especially with friends we just need a way to prevent the bad players (for lack of a better term)

whenever i play a sortie, i leave squad after every mission. a lot of ppl dont even give you time to switch frame. for my part i like to choose for each mission, the frame making it easiest. But Tbh they could just remove that feature completly outside of Premade groups. If people want to move on to the next mission asap they can just leave the lobby.

how about auto split squad if votes don't agree?

-I mean, this is typically what we Would Do Anyway when someone selects a mission and someone else doesn't agree.

Make it so that a vote of X/no does an auto leave squad if the other guy forces start, instead of being dragged in against will.

player intents are clear here, no reason to get dragged in when you haven't hit the checkbox

and NO, that one in a blue moon UI glitch where you want to squad to force-start you because you're glitched is no a good reason to keep it this way.

• 2 months later...

Archived