Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 6.5 Hotfixes

[DE]Rebecca

We can easily agree that the term "beta" is an important milestone, what we dont (from how i understand your posts) agree on is the "value/weight" given to the term in the general public.

On the part of rushing to open beta. DE hasnt (to my knowledge) said anything about when they will be going into open beta.

The community has shown a very big willingness to jump to conclusions about it thou ( and no, this isnt aimed at you, its merely an observation on the "state" of the mindset of the community)

And yes, they have had 1 stress test. Id like to point to the detail that its not unheard of to have more than one stress test :)

The stress test was specficially stated for getting ready for obt. They've shown us the cbt weapon which we're getting after cbt end. It's most likely going to be some time in the near future.

We can easily agree that the term "beta" is an important milestone, what we dont (from how i understand your posts) agree on is the "value/weight" given to the term in the general public.

On the part of rushing to open beta. DE hasnt (to my knowledge) said anything about when they will be going into open beta.

The community has shown a very big willingness to jump to conclusions about it thou ( and no, this isnt aimed at you, its merely an observation on the "state" of the mindset of the community)

And yes, they have had 1 stress test. Id like to point to the detail that its not unheard of to have more than one stress test :)

yeah right but at the other side they were talkin about being on steam for up7

that mean more ppl , that mean it's open

but we are still in beta

so

that mean

it's Open closed Epsilon (if yu want to know, "open closed Epsilon" mean its open but nope it's not, mind blowed)

mind blowed

Wut does puting the game on stream now mean?

Aint it a kind of opening?But a kind they can control?

i am lost

Edited by Tsoe

but we are still in beta

so

that mean

it's Open closed Epsilon (if yu want to know, "open closed Epsilon" mean its open but nope it's not, mind blowed)

mind blowed

i am lost

Actually, being on Steam =/= being in open beta. There are quite a few games that go on Steam while still being in beta. Then there are some games that have been released, but then have a beta period within Steam (Vindictus comes to mind.)

Beta games usually aren't advertised on Steam. If we're going to see Warframe on there when Update 7 hits, we probably won't see it advertised other than a few beta key giveaways.

Edited by SoulEchelon

but we are still in beta

so

that mean

mind blowed

i am lost

I find it hard to believe that they'd leave the game in closed beta for steam launch. The initital numbers a game can get from launching on steam are huge and putting any barriers to entry would hurt any attempts to capitalize on that (often temporary) boost in player base.

Edited by Aggh

I find it hard to believe that they'd leave the game in closed beta for steam launch. The initital numbers a game can get from launching on steam are huge and putting any barriers entry would hurt any attempts to capitalize on that (often temporary) boost in player base.

That's it, but well i guess they know wut they re doing

Edited by Tsoe

The stress test was specficially stated for getting ready for obt. They've shown us the cbt weapon which we're getting after cbt end. It's most likely going to be some time in the near future.

but we are still in beta

so

that mean

mind blowed

i am lost

Looking at what they have actually said, there hasnt been a date or anything announced for neither steam nor open beta.

so, it could be looked at as the community reading/seeing things/words where there arent any :)

Basically the "hype" (or whatever you want to call it) has gotten to the community itself :)

My "point" is simple.

Read what they have written/said with as neutral a mindset as possible. They might not be masters of PR, but they arent bad at it either :)

edit: didnt see your posts here on page 16, morning and all that jazz, post is still valid thou :)

Edited by Naed

Looking at what they have actually said, there hasnt been a date or anything announced for neither steam nor open beta.

so, it could be looked at as the community reading/seeing things/words where there arent any :)

Basically the "hype" (or whatever you want to call it) has gotten to the community itself :)

My "point" is simple.

Read what they have written/said with as neutral a mindset as possible. They might not be masters of PR, but they arent bad at it either :)

edit: didnt see your posts here on page 16, morning and all that jazz, post is still valid thou :)

Of course there hasn't been an actually date announced. Companies rarely put a date on something until they're absolutely sure. That doesn't mean it won't be quite soon. Most of what we've seen in that regard has indicated that it will probably be coming up pretty soon.

I find it hard to believe that they'd leave the game in closed beta for steam launch. The initital numbers a game can get from launching on steam are huge and putting any barriers to entry would hurt any attempts to capitalize on that (often temporary) boost in player base.

There are various games that were originally released as closed/invitational-beta and very distibuted through Steam. Here's couple of them:

Super Monday Night Combat By Uber Entertaiment

Loadout by Edge of Reality (entertaiment)

Then there has been slew of "buy into alpha/beta"-games. Here's just few of them:

Don't Starve

Endless Space

Primal Carnage

Just some examples in overall.

There are various games that were originally released as closed/invitational-beta and very distibuted through Steam. Here's couple of them:

Super Monday Night Combat By Uber Entertaiment

Loadout by Edge of Reality (entertaiment)

Then there has been slew of "buy into alpha/beta"-games. Here's just few of them:

Don't Starve

Endless Space

Primal Carnage

Just some examples in overall.

Wasn't agreeing with him. Was pointing out that the scenario he was describing was unlikely. Btw, you didn't have to buy into primal carnage beta. They gave out a slew of keys throughout beta. Edited by Aggh

So what is it then, if you know?

Just posted today here: https://forums.warfr...unders-program/

Due to popular demand we're extending the deadline on the Founders Program!

...well, it's partially based on demand but mainly because we have been so focused on polishing Update 7 that we haven't been able to devote the attention necessary to truly nail down an incredible follow up offer to the Founders program.

Essentially our thinking is -- If we wouldn't buy what we're selling then it certainly isn't good enough to ask other people to buy it. So while we continue to perfect the next 'big' offer which we hope to finalize by the end of the month, we're extending the Founders program to give everyone who's interested a little longer to get in, including our Steam users who will be joining Warframe on March 25th.

To our newly minted Founders who rushed their entry thinking this was the end, we apologize for stressing you out and hope you're not eating saltines and margarine for the rest of the month just so you could become a Founder in time. We do truly appreciate your support.

For those who were still hoping to get in? Now's your chance!

As for Update 7...it's sooooo close, we can taste it!

Sounds like as I stated; Steam will be a part of the closed beta, because DE specifically said that buying into the Founders program -will- end before Open beta. At least, that's how I remember it.

Edited by SoulEchelon

WoT cbt was ~6 months. 6 months and 19 days between cbt and the beginning of obt to be exact.

~6 months was just a number I threw out because I've seen a lot of games finish cbt within that amount of time. Regardless of how long other games may have been in closed beta, most of them aren't still in such dire need of major systems and core gameplay reworks this late in cbt.

There was no real difference between the system of WoT's open and closed beta (well maybe there was clan nonsense, but not much for the normal player), which is probably why it seems to be such a blur. However, still using WoT as an example, they didn't implement physics until after they had been "released" for over a year. Physics is, by the way, a very major rework of the game. So what's the point? You can't just slap broad statements like "THEY SHOULD HAVE THIS SET IN STONE BY NOW!" when they absolutely don't, and having such a mindset means we'll be having bad/sub-par systems stick because it's "too late" to fix them now.

There was no real difference between the system of WoT's open and closed beta (well maybe there was clan nonsense, but not much for the normal player), which is probably why it seems to be such a blur. However, still using WoT as an example, they didn't implement physics until after they had been "released" for over a year. Physics is, by the way, a very major rework of the game. So what's the point? You can't just slap broad statements like "THEY SHOULD HAVE THIS SET IN STONE BY NOW!" when they absolutely don't, and having such a mindset means we'll be having bad/sub-par systems stick because it's "too late" to fix them now.

Another example with a major "overhaul" is Entropia Universe: In August, 2009, Version 10.0 implemented much talked and developed (for about two years and initially with "beta"-functions) engine overhaul from NetImmerse 4/Gamebryo to CryEngine 2. Initially most of the tiny features/"skills" aside major ones (hunting, mining, crafting) weren't avaible (such as "mentoring"). But nowadays there's even more features avaible which were also made possible with the new engine (such as actual space-exploration instead of just "warp-speed"-teleportation and vehicles in overal).

I've been in a hekload of closed closed betas and not everyone who was on Steam had such a big boost.

THey had the boost momentarrily, then the players left.

Plus the fact that you are going to be spammed with Steam Warframe "DLC" offers.

Look at C9, or others.

However, it's DE's decision, I'm okay with having all my games in one place.

That's because it had already been tested in the Russian version a year before that and was making S#&$ tons of money so they didn't have to care. A rush to implement new systems right before important mile stones that can make for increased player populations is not a good way to go about things.

I've been in a hekload of closed closed betas and not everyone who was on Steam had such a big boost.

THey had the boost momentarrily, then the players left.

Plus the fact that you are going to be spammed with Steam Warframe "DLC" offers.

Look at C9, or others.

However, it's DE's decision, I'm okay with having all my games in one place.

That's because most companies don't really try hard enough to maintain those numbers. Blacklight: Retribution went from barely a thousand (and often maybe a couple hundred players) to ten thousand players when they launched on steam. But then various bugs and a bungled steam launch with nothing in the way of promotions or incentives meant that they bled players down to the current ~2k peak players on steam.

Edited by Aggh

That's because it had already been tested in the Russian version a year before that and was making S#&$ tons of money so they didn't have to care. A rush to implement new systems right before important mile stones that can make for increased player populations is not a good way to go about things.

That's because most companies don't really try hard enough to maintain those numbers. Blacklight: Retribution went from barely a thousand (and often maybe a couple hundred players) to ten thousand players when they launched on steam. But then various bugs and a bungled steam launch with nothing in the way of promotions or incentives meant that they bled players down to the current ~2k peak players on steam.

To be clear. Blacklight light launched on Steam and immediately went into a $1,000 daily giveaway for 30days. There was no limit to how many times you could win. That really helped their CCUs

To be clear. Blacklight light launched on Steam and immediately went into a $1,000 daily giveaway for 30days. There was no limit to how many times you could win. That really helped their CCUs

30 days of fight started over a month after steam launch. They had already lost a decent number of players by then and in fact, for all of the promotion didn't actually hit the peaks that they did during the first couple weeks after steam launch despite the fact that they were giving away $1k a day.

http://www.steamgrap...o=1347595200000

Steam launch was 7/1/2012, 30 days of fight started 8/16/2012 and ended 9/14/2012

Edited by Aggh