Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the Void's signature color?

3 hours ago, -Krism- said:

I took the three best I could find from the palettes you gave me, I also took this image as reference:

maxresdefault.jpg

Here are my results, look at Rev's emissive energy:

Eximus

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot-1.png

Classic Saturated

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot-2.png

Tenno

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot-3.png

For Revenant Prime you want to use Transmission and Revenant non Prime own energy value, which recreates the intended default value (you can see in the Codex). The one the game assigns as default in the Arsenal is meant for abilities (it's a long story that has to do with a hard to fix bug that appeared when they created the dual emissive values). I'll try to check later for it.

EDIT: Here it is: First value is from Transmission, second is from Ice but you have to enable legacy colors to select it:

Spoiler

XeIxzOu.jpg

CmQRqJ7.jpg

0w2Am5I.jpg

Edited by NightmareT12

13 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

For Revenant Prime you want to use Transmission and Revenant non Prime own energy value, which recreates the intended default value (you can see in the Codex). The one the game assigns as default in the Arsenal is meant for abilities (it's a long story that has to do with a hard to fix bug that appeared when they created the dual emissive values). I'll try to check later for it.

EDIT: Here it is: First value is from Transmission, second is from Ice but you have to enable legacy colors to select it:

Reveal hidden contents

XeIxzOu.jpg

CmQRqJ7.jpg

0w2Am5I.jpg

The problem is that, as in the image I linked, the Void has a slight greenish hue on top of the blue, or to be more precise, the blue & green are intertwined, & that's what I tried to encompass with my test: I didn't try to do it with both energy color settings, but one color that feels like a mix of both

Your example is pure ice blue, & that's not representative of how the game depicts the Void

Edited by -Krism-

Just now, -Krism- said:

Your example is pure ice blue, & that's not representative of how the game depicts the Void

09ee210e3aec306b594c8020cf9d6dcc.png

I think it's the closest you can get with all palettes available (and I spent a ton of hours to do it).

As I explained earlier as well, the Void colors aren't entirely defined as a single greener shade. You can load into the Zariman or Duviri to see the borders of the ship sticking out, and also Revenant Prime, Tenno color values (ie Limbo Prime) or the Tenno (Operator/Drifter) default for Amps and abilities.

It's up to you how you want the Warframe to look in the end. If you want the more green hue, your best bet is using the and combine Ki'Teer, Orokin, Ice or Tenno II.

• 2 months later...

I used the Tempestarii Skin, the Zariman and the Serraphayre ephemera as references and come to the conclusion that the void color changes based on the lighting of the enviroment.

for example, if you're on earth the ephemera default energy color changes to a blue hue as you can see.

JFYzoyX.png

meanwhile in a grineer base mission it gets kinda greenish

DGFkt8Q.png

on the Zariman it gets kinda green whitish

kCNR0FO.png

so i based my colors based on how they would interact with the enviroment and the ones that do that the most are on the Ice palette.

in my opinion the ones i found to be most accurate to the void colors and changing qualities are ones i marked below:

z9GdYSq.png

now the one i use, is the first column 2nd row, 1st on the left and this seems to be the one matching the default color of the serapharyre ephemera the most, but the others are accuarte as well, based on your preference of which hue you would like to stand out more.

below i also added a default color of the ephemera for reference.

https://imgur.com/uhxnEr8uhxnEr8.png

Edited by Shenron2012
adding pictures

Late to the party, I think it's a nice idea to follow the colors of the elemental glyphs, in case you are following a certain elemental theme. That's what I did for Ember, Volt, Frost, Saryn and Oberon who are themed after a certain element. 

Here's the one for the void, interestingly it has similar colors to the Void background -Krism- posted. 

https://i.postimg.cc/sfbwg0Z6/Essential-Void-Glyph.png

The glyphs for other damage types can be found ingame, but also conveniently in the wiki. There's a fanmade one for the Tau damage too!