Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the Void's signature color?

I was trying to color Xaku's energy and emissive after the Void, but it's color has changed over the years, sometimes it's a hazy white, on the Zariman it's a whit-ish dark-ish Cyan, other time it's blue.

and I don't really know what to use anymore...so if anybody has an accurate representation of color of the Void please share your knowledge.

The void has a light-blue (cyan-ish) or very pale green tone. The tone isn't strictly defined anywhere, as you mention it changes a bit depending on who does it, but it's always around the #00ffff tone (R: 0 G: 255 B: 255).

1 hour ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Default Tenno blue energy color I'd say. Most Warframes uses a blue as energy color. Default Operator energy color, I think that's a blue too

I think the first Eidolon is blue too

Indeed. You should use variations of those colors. The maximum saturation/luminance values are on the Tenno II palette, in Hydroid's, Limbo's, Ivara's and Titania's Energy values (Fifth column / E).

The Ki'Teer, Corpus, Ice, Transmission and Orokin palettes should provide values that let you mix match to get to your desired color. Sometimes you have to desaturate a bit so it gets a bit more pale. Sometimes it needs to be closer to green or blue to mix with another value.

EDIT: Forgot to add. You want to add, in most Warframes, the brighter value in Slot #1, and the darker in Slot #2, as the Emissive and Energy texture maps are coded and designed with that intention in mind.

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Smh, energy obviously 

1 hour ago, -Krism- said:

The topic is about the energy color of the Void, what do you think?

Because he specified "energy" in every single instance except the Eidolon. In grammar, that can go either way

If one goes by the New War trailer recently, then we can use the Operator's use in that video more or less as canon.  In that video, it's a neon bluish-green (aqua, almost?), brightening and fading in intensity depending on how much Void energy is compressed into one place. 

A good example is the freer Void mist surrounding the Operator as she emerged from her emerged Warframe, versus the almost-white compressed Void beam she fired that vaporized the Grineer troops.

If you completed Call of the Tempestarii, you have both a railjack and the Tempestarii railjack skin

The default colors of that has a shade of void as their secondary energy / engine color / etc.

Also - bit of a tangent here - it is currently (still) bugged, where even if you customize those, it will continue at the very top to show the default hue instead of the chosen colors that reflect on 90% of the remainder of the swirling mists around the Tempestarii railjack skin (this isn't only in dry dock either, checked in Free Roam from archwing)

I turned this lemon into lemonade and used that to compare and contrast colors in the Tenno palette until I found a muted blue-green-white hue that mostly matches (then I also used said hue for all my other energy colors since I decided it was finally time to change out of a JoJo cosplay)

If I had a bit more coffee in my system this morning, I would actually log in and make screenshots, as it stands I may edit this post to include such in several minutes or so

Edited by DeeDeeLyla

I've always gone with the background when entering Void missions, which is a sort of ghostly white and sea-green. Void energy in general seems to be that ghostly white where it's the most intense, then tapers off into a green. Even the Void status proc creates a greenish bubble, probably since it's lingering around and not as intense as an energy source.

• Like 2

well, the Void doesn't seem to conform to any laws of physics, so it likely doesn't conform to how light spectrums are suppsoed to work either: in a situation where the void should appear red, it might be blue for example. we can't assume anything is set in stone when it comes to the Void, but typically, the Void's energy tends to be a shade of blue or Cyan, though in high concentrations, like around the Zariman, it appears bright white.

it is possible to manipulate the colors of void energy though: the Void Angel's healing energy appears bright red, in contrast to the usual pale colors.

32 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

So Can anyone give me a specific color from some pallets like Tenno I , Grineer, Twilight, Corpus, Ice

I have more but these are my most used.

Could you tell me which palettes you have? I'll look into it

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

My most used are Eximus, Psiv, Classic saturated, Eminence, Tenno, Storm, Twilight and Transmission

I took the three best I could find from the palettes you gave me, I also took this image as reference:

maxresdefault.jpg

Here are my results, look at Rev's emissive energy:

Eximus

Spoiler

Screenshot-1.png

Classic Saturated

Spoiler

Screenshot-2.png

Tenno

Spoiler

Screenshot-3.png

Edited by -Krism-
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

I took the three best I could find from the palettes you gave me, I also took this image as reference:

maxresdefault.jpg

Here are my results, look at Rev's emissive energy:

Eximus

Hide contents

Screenshot-1.png

Classic Saturated

Hide contents

Screenshot-2.png

Tenno

Hide contents

Screenshot-3.png

This is too perfect, case closed.

I was trying too hard to find the perfect colors and they were right in front of me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

This is too perfect, case closed.

I was trying too hard to find the perfect colors and they were right in front of me.

Well, I didn't think it would help that much, glad it did

very pale blue or green, or white

edit: if you want to get technical, void can be any colour considering we can customize the energy colour of our amps, which channels our void energy, and also the varying energy colours of our frames, which also channel void energy (and converts it to something else).

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 1