Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cinta is quite disappointing for the effort required

snoozecruise

I wasn't expecting the Cinta to be some god-tier weapon; I just like playing around with bows and weird weapons. But considering the time and resources required, it's somewhat disappointing. Here's a quick comparison to Nataruk, which to be fair is arguably a bit too good for its level of effort:

Cinta vs. Nataruk:

perfect shot: 600 vs. 900 dmg

crit: 36% 3x vs. 60% 2.4x

perfect charge time: about 1.5s vs. 1s

"reload" time: 0.6s v.s 0.05s

ammo: 60 vs. unlimited

polarities: 1V vs. 4V + catalyst

acquisition: roughly the equivalent of 2+ incarnon weapon unlocks + hours of enigma puzzles vs. essentially free

I'd actually be completely okay with the disparity in stats and acquisition IF the Cinta's alt-fire was actually useful in some way... but it's not. The mines themselves do essentially no damage, and seem to have no special properties whatsoever. Also, alt-fire is a toggle that forces an awkward swap animation instead of just simply executing the backwards hop upon button press. The "evasion" move also locks you into a lengthy animation from which there is no recovery and no i-frames, so it's basically a move that'll get you killed. There is also no indication of what mode you're actually in, other than "shoot and find out".

1. alt-fire should be an instant move, not a toggle with ambiguous animation

2. alt-fire should be executed much more quickly, with instant recovery once warframe lands back on its feet; otherwise it's just a liability

3. mines should ideally have some special effect, like forced knockdown, and/or forced heat or element status, or... something to make it worth using.

The only real advantage over the Nataruk is maybe the fact that it actually has a headshot multiplier, and it's a pretty bow, I guess. I know some other weapons have had some pretty gimmicky and mostly useless alt-fire moves, but you can usually at least make them work somehow, or they have SOME advantage. Or damn, maybe giving it that "rain of arrows" move that Dax have would've been sweet, even if it was fairly weak.

Cinta's alt-fire: no damage, no CC, makes you get killed more easily.

• Like 3

You're doing something wrong with the Cinta then.
I use: Split Flights | Galvanized Scope | Hunter Munitions | Vile Acceleration | Vital Sense | Critical Delay | Infected Clip | Prime Cryo rounds
It destroys everything. The punch through on the perfect shot clears hallways 

Edited by Mr.Holyroller

4 minutes ago, quxier said:

Doing almost all main quest = free. Good to know.

Well, we can't exactly play Duviri without clearing the quest that we get the Nataruk from first, so relatively speaking it's essentially a free weapon

2 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Well, we can't exactly play Duviri without clearing the quest that we get the Nataruk from first, so relatively speaking it's essentially a free weapon

Wait, so how new players plays Duviri?! It's kind of magic.

Joking aside, just because we can play something in different order doesn't mean that's correct order.

8 minutes ago, quxier said:

Wait, so how new players plays Duviri?! It's kind of magic.

Joking aside, just because we can play something in different order doesn't mean that's correct order.

Okay, I totally forgot about that part. And it's only MR6... not quite new player level, but still ridiculously early for something like that

• Like 1