Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop forcing me to lose archon defense

MaxTunnerX

Its probably just a coincidence but its way too suspicious. When I finally get a squad that doesnt fail, the game bugs out in the very last few seconds by failing us without anything bad happening to the target. So please, STOP THIS. It wasnt funny the first time, and its not funny now.

The entire mode is currently broken. Chipper won't use continuals until he's downed and won't reload the gun. With hitscan he fires possibly once every fifteen seconds, he also no longer attempts to seek cover until he's down to a third health, and his pathfinding to enemies is jank as hell.

2 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

When I finally get a squad that doesnt fail, the game bugs out in the very last few seconds by failing us without anything bad happening to the target.

Please better explain whats happening?

I havent seen any issues so far and i havent met a squad that managed to fail it.

42 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I havent seen any issues so far and i havent met a squad that managed to fail it.

Have seen this a few times .. defense mission just fails even if the Target is well looked after..  no reason or seeable cause just "Mission FAILED" right across the screen :)  Its not the squad or players its just the old mission fails for no reason bug, which you would have seen while playing as its been around for years but just happens to rear its ugly head on Archon defense lately

50 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Lucky you, but youre right, still much lower fail rate than interception.

3 minutes ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

Have seen this a few times .. defense mission just fails even if the Target is well looked after..  no reason or seeable cause just "Mission FAILED" right across the screen :)  Its not the squad or players its just the old mission fails for no reason bug, which you would have seen while playing as its been around for years but just happens to rear its ugly head on Archon defense lately

Yes, exactly this. And what I hate the most about this, is that it often happens in the last wave at the very end, so you end up wasting all that time and effort.

On 2023-05-16 at 11:19 PM, MaxTunnerX said:

Yes, exactly this. And what I hate the most about this, is that it often happens in the last wave at the very end, so you end up wasting all that time and effort.

It happens to me once, the problem was in 2 parts :

• Semlar.com Death Log can confirm that the target get oneshoted.
  • The target seems well because usually  'cause connection with host is bad. ==> This can be "fixed" by lowering your ping limit (100mini)

I'm not sure it's in the mechanic of the game but Defense's target seems to have a maximum number of revives; so :

• If he get down one too many (~1-2 per wave) it's direct death.
  • Also to avoid some enemies OP's attack, you should prioritise his shield (Gate shield).

Most players use Vazarin's abilities to grant immunity to avoid the much target bleedout... Immunity is this is the KeyStone of success.

I'd personally advocate that it's a Defense mission not a Revive the target mission : When a squad have more than one down per wave, it's bad news !!

ALSO :

Hotfix 27.0.12 (2020-01-23)

Defense Waves will now complete if NPCs are downed (but not dead), except for the final Wave, where all NPCs must be taken care of.

1 hour ago, RLanzinger said:

It happens to me once, the problem was in 2 parts :

• Semlar.com Death Log can confirm that the target get oneshoted.
  • The target seems well because usually  'cause connection with host is bad. ==> This can be "fixed" by lowering your ping limit (100mini)

I'm not sure it's in the mechanic of the game but Defense's target seems to have a maximum number of revives; so :

• If he get down one too many (~1-2 per wave) it's direct death.
  • Also to avoid some enemies OP's attack, you should prioritise his shield (Gate shield).

Most players use Vazarin's abilities to grant immunity to avoid the much target bleedout... Immunity is this is the KeyStone of success.

I'd personally advocate that it's a Defense mission not a Revive the target mission : When a squad have more than one down per wave, it's bad news !!

ALSO :

Hotfix 27.0.12 (2020-01-23)

Defense Waves will now complete if NPCs are downed (but not dead), except for the final Wave, where all NPCs must be taken care of.

Thanks for the info man, could be useful.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-05-16 at 3:03 PM, -Kittens- said:

The entire mode is currently broken. Chipper won't use continuals until he's downed and won't reload the gun. With hitscan he fires possibly once every fifteen seconds, he also no longer attempts to seek cover until he's down to a third health, and his pathfinding to enemies is jank as hell.

This, exactly. Chipper obviously has been programmed with Artificial Stupidity, not AI.

Archived