Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are DE's intentions with AOE/multi-target weapons?

It's really a test bed for DE to try out different types of AOE weapons. See which one is a fit to the future gameplay. Personally, I really liike the different aoe attacks. Some guns link. Some spread damage. Some are just plain old area damage. They are starting to become extra warframe abilities instead of pew pew.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

I mainly use launchers and AOE weapons, and it kinda feels lame without self damage. It want self dmg back, just without one-shotting myself. 

Does it still feel lame if you don't use knockdown immunity?  Or does it feel lame to not use knockdown immunity when it's so readily available?

I enjoy the system pretty well by not relying on knockdown immunity, but I can understand that feeling like a shallow solution.

• Like 1

Just now, Tiltskillet said:

Does it still feel lame if you don't use knockdown immunity?  Or does it feel lame to not use knockdown immunity when it's so readily available?

I enjoy the system pretty well by not relying on knockdown immunity, but I can understand that feeling like a shallow solution.

Yeah, shooting striaght down and being fine with launchers is just very insane. I would prefer to have plenty of dmg and ammo at the cost of having to mind where I'm shooting. 

• Like 2

If I was able to advise Pablo on this, I'd tell him to make all "power-weapons" like Bramma a risk/rward situation. I also like the blow-back from explosives, as well as the ability to overcome it via surefooted and whatnot. I would like to see enemies get blow-back as well. 

One solution is to have self-damage and blow-back in the game, but allow them all of them to be overcome via mods. HOWEVER, only one should be in use at a time. To make this happen, I suggest Amalgam surefooted, which could make the player resistant to self-damage while preventing the nullification of stagger and blow-back from the regulkar surefooted at the same time. This gives the player a choice between getting staggered or getting damaged from ill placed explosive shots. And combined, with other anti-stagger mods, you could do pretty well for yourself without being able to shoot at the ground constantly. Best of both worlds. And chroma lmao