Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give back Operator Melee

CoffeeSorcerer69

I'm a returning player (Used to play on xbox) and I played since before the war within up until late 2019 before I stopped because of life things happening.  Upon my return, I went through everything in like three days since I knew what to do, and upon finally obtaining my operator.  I found out that y'all took away my void blast, y'know, the thing that's used to stun enemies that get too close without wasting all of my void energy, or the thing that allows me to break objects, without wasting my void energy.  Now, I get teleported back to my frame, because you guys thought that it would work better because of a crappy execution system that's not even on the same button as the void blast.  

How hard would it have been, to y'know, NOT DO THAT?!

Not to mention that all the melee abilities are now attached to void sling, which was already clunky in the first place, now even if you've fixed void sling, you have made it more clunky than ever before, because now that's supposed to be my melee. 

I Want my Void Blast Back.

• Like 4

why void blast when void sling just ragdolls them, plus void slinging through an enemy gives back energy allowing you to do it infinitely. Also drifter is a thing so we have actual operator melee

• Like 1

I agree I didn`t like that they got rid of void blast to add the ability to bring you wf in when their is a button that already does that. It makes no sense that operators don`t have melee, when they run out of void ammo how are they going to defend themselves? also focus 3.0 don`t support the operators anymore and have turned them into even more of a tool then before.

Why even do that when months late you release the archon shards for the helminth? and if you want the operators to be a tool you should of left them at focus 1.0.

Operators need melee, if it were me I would give them void melee, just imagine how sick this would be.

Operator Narissa with blades 3 by Aaronj-c

Edited by (PSN)Vexx757
  • Like 1

So I've had time to actually play the operator changes.  I do genuinely like Void Sling, but there should be more customization that allows you to switch between dash and sling, and I still want my Void Blast back.  I don't mind the tree changes either, but progressing them is more tedious now.
I wouldn't even mind another kind of melee for the operator, but getting rid of it in favor of an execution system that's crashed my game twice from switching back to my frame so suddenly is genuinely frustrating and should have been play tested by the community.

On 2023-05-26 at 8:59 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

I agree I didn`t like that they got rid of void blast to add the ability to bring you wf in when their is a button that already does that. It makes no sense that operators don`t have melee, when they run out of void ammo how are they going to defend themselves? also focus 3.0 don`t support the operators anymore and have turned them into even more of a tool then before.

Why even do that when months late you release the archon shards for the helminth? and if you want the operators to be a tool you should of left them at focus 1.0.

Operators need melee, if it were me I would give them void melee, just imagine how sick this would be.

Operator Narissa with blades 3 by Aaronj-c

With all due respect, I have maxed out all focus schools, amp arcanes, operator arcanes... run a 526. Not even close to a meta amp. Operators are not a tool. They are far more powerful and engaging than ever before. My operator right now will delete a steel path acolyte without any help of the warframe. Why? Because void damage is neutral damage, which is why it's so damn powerful especially on xaku.

Focus 3.0 has an actual variety and more of just a one sided choice. Not only did you run a public survey where focus 3.0 beat the other two systems as a favorite in a landslide, focus 2.0 was just run vazarin or zenurik and focus 1.0 was run naramon for free invisibility. Focus 1.0 was complete and utter garbage for all it was worth and I'm glad DE made the improvements to make operators good. If you don't find operators viable, fine. But as far as I can tell blatantly saying they're complete tools is just arrogant. Put the work into them like you did the warframe. 

Void melee lol. So not only did you think void as an element was problematic, but you want void weapons?? Sure idc tbh still would use the amp anyway. But if you've ever gotten bugged in duviri to use the drifter with their melee you'd understand its inaros with no health mods simulator.

I do agree the instant transference through melee is some wasted potential because at that point do that to fix the transference delay in the first place. Not to mention how borderline unplayable the war within is becoming. 

You know what would be sick? Warframe powers effecting operators. Thats literally the only thing I would change kit wise. Melee wise, I'd start out letting them use duviri and quest melee weapons and go from there. Seems reasonable. 

Overall the reason operators don't receive much of "omg make operator as borderline broken as warframes" is because people don't like the idea of making the operator like a warframe. Unfortunately for them, it's too late anyway.

Don't take this as hate, I respect the amount of time and effort you've put into your dream. But maybe you should expand your perspective past "meta" amps prioritized on eidolons, test out the operator past the point of "there's only x viable option."

• Like 1

I don't like that if I try to smack something that approaches me as Operator (which I do somewhat instinctively, comes of having played for so long before it got removed), I get violently thrown back into my frame. Duviri has shown they're capable of giving melee to the void demon, now we just need that in literally all the other content in the game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Althaline said:

I don't like that if I try to smack something that approaches me as Operator (which I do somewhat instinctively, comes of having played for so long before it got removed), I get violently thrown back into my frame. Duviri has shown they're capable of giving melee to the void demon, now we just need that in literally all the other content in the game.

Yes. Hopefully they actually make It right this time and let us mod the weapons. I could care less if it's an archwing situation and I have to farm for the mods separately, not like I have much to farm for in the game.

• Like 1

On 2023-05-31 at 9:31 PM, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

-snip-

Tell that to the majority of the players, unfortunately they don`t like playing as the operator and only use them so it benefits the warframe that makes them a tool and if ppl had to choose between operator focus improvements and archons shards the majority would pick the shards, look at ppls vids of wf gameplay you only see their operator for 5 seconds.

They were more engaging before more so coz of void blast they had abilities that benefit them to the point you could play as them, yes it needed improvements but they could stand on their own.

I've said from time ago that they need improvements;

• Mobility
  • Focus that supports them more
  • Void Melee (imagine this with the naramon focus)
  • Qol/Bug fixes
  • Enemy/loot radar

If they had these things ppl would like them and even play as them , they don`t need to be like wfs but they need to be able to support and stand on their own more (if they can be even more fun thean wf`s than that would be even better).

You want to see how much engaging focus 2.0 was? this will show you.

https://youtu.be/ss7gNW37eaI

Edited by (PSN)Vexx757
  • Like 2

I think I've figured out how I think the operators could play better.  Right now the current play style of the operator feels something like the conduits from Infamous.  So DE should double down on that and give operators their own melee per focus school, which can in turn give operators their own execution animations.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
This would be an addition to current operator gameplay and would be adding to what we currently have by giving operators four things; A Melee Ability, Two more Focus School Abilities, More Animations, and Wider/Slightly More Complex Gameplay.

I actually like what Focus 3.0 has given us so far, Void Sling is a thrill once you get used to it, with some minor kinks here and there, but it still lacks.  So maybe, if they want to add to things instead of drastically change things like they have before, we could have a Focus 3.5, which adds on top of Focus 3.0 instead of changing it.

And Maybe in Focus 4.0 operators will have a wider kit of abilities to work with, instead of mostly passive abilities.

Edited by CoffeeSorcerer69
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, CoffeeSorcerer69 said:

I think I've figured out how I think the operators could play better.  Right now the current play style of the operator feels something like the conduits from Infamous.  So DE should double down on that and give operators their own melee per focus school, which can in turn give operators their own execution animations.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
This would be an addition to current operator gameplay and would be adding to what we currently have by giving operators four things; A Melee Ability, Two more Focus School Abilities, More Animations, and Wider/Slightly More Complex Gameplay.

I actually like what Focus 3.0 has given us so far, Void Sling is a thrill once you get used to it, with some minor kinks here and there, but it still lacks.  So maybe, if they want to add to things instead of drastically change things like they have before, we could have a Focus 3.5, which adds on top of Focus 3.0 instead of changing it.

And Maybe in Focus 4.0 operators will have a wider kit of abilities to work with, instead of mostly passive abilities.

Yes I have suggested that. My idea is for them to have void melee (like exalted blade), now you can use any weapon with any focus school however if you use a weapon with a certain focus school (Naramon = dual dagger, Unairu = Hammer) you will receive a buff for your weapon and a buff for the operator.

Example:

Operator =  30% sprint speed

Weapon = sends out toxic slash waves

Also they have access to void rage (D trigger) and when they activated they will receive multiple buffs and even do certain thinks warframes can do for a short duration.

Just imagine how sick that would be.

However I don`t like focus 3.0 coz its more about supporting the wf then supporting the operator that`s why I prefer focus 2.0 yes it was lacking but the concept was solid unfortunately while focus has some good things but it`s mixed with the bad.

For ppl that want operator melee just make their be a slot where it replaces the dumb bring wf button to operators using melee that would make everyone happy.

• Like 1

I do wish Operators had melee attacks using their Amp as a stat stick. They could have used a modified version of the fist melee with their fists coated in void energy and their heavy releasing a stronger version of the old void blast. Drifter then could bring the Duviri versions of their melee weapons limited the ones you've built so far, or use the operator attacks if you lack them.

Edited by Grave.Knight
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

I agree 100% but give back? We never had it. That said, give us operator melee please DE?

We use to have Void Blast or Strike or something like that. It was kind of a melee attack but it had a long recovery time after use and didn't do much damage.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grave.Knight said:

We use to have Void Blast or Strike or something like that. It was kind of a melee attack but it had a long recovery time after use and didn't do much damage.

I don't really consider that a melee attack, more of a short range burst. Especially with most of its focus upgrades at the time making it a range attack, i think madurai made it a legit fireball. They literally removed it from the game and gave us absolutely nothing.