Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speargun mod suggestion: thrown mode duration.

Graptos

I'm starting to enjoy using different spearguns, and the Ferrox, more than the others.

One thing I'd like to be able to do is to build for the thrown mode, to use it as CC for more time. Sometimes I'd like to close spots, or gather enemies, for a while, and perhaps a new mod that increases the time the copy stays thrown, could help.

Perhaps an exilus mod, to make it more versatile in more builds, or a regular one. Whichever way, that's something I've been wanting for a while.

Could this be done? Is it a good idea?

• Like 1

It would certainly help a little to give their thrown gimmicks more to mod for, but there are worse issues that need to be solved first, like the new throwing animation that takes a couple of years to finish. Their main firing modes are nothing special, either, so the lack of losing your speargun after a throw is barely an improvement. I think they should start with completely reverting the changes they made to the throwing, and then give us more unique throwing-related mods.

There are lots of thrown-melee mods that buff secondaries in different ways. Spearguns could get the same treatment, like mods that buff guns while the speargun is thrown. Then you wouldn't even need the "infinite magic speargun" mechanic if you mod more for that.

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Graptos said:

Speargun mod suggestion: thrown mode duration.

Perhaps make it so Status Duration mods affect the Alt-Fire`s duration?

1 hour ago, Graptos said:

I'm starting to enjoy using different spearguns, and the Ferrox, more than the others.

Iv been using the Ferrox as my main Go-To primary for over 3 years now, mostly for its Alt-Fire as its great for crowd controlling and applying stats to groups of enemies.

The only drawback is that there are no mods to increase its effect radious/durations and the Alt-Fire isnt affected by Status chance mods. :/

The Ferrox used to be amazing with the old Gas proc effects, when Corpus enemies move through it, it would quickly take them down due to the Gas effect proccing Toxin which bypasses shields.

On 2023-05-26 at 9:13 AM, Pakaku said:

It would certainly help a little to give their thrown gimmicks more to mod for, but there are worse issues that need to be solved first, like the new throwing animation that takes a couple of years to finish. Their main firing modes are nothing special, either, so the lack of losing your speargun after a throw is barely an improvement. I think they should start with completely reverting the changes they made to the throwing, and then give us more unique throwing-related mods.

There are lots of thrown-melee mods that buff secondaries in different ways. Spearguns could get the same treatment, like mods that buff guns while the speargun is thrown. Then you wouldn't even need the "infinite magic speargun" mechanic if you mod more for that.

I have to agree with this.

Many of my speargun usage is based on throwing it down, then swapping to my secondary which will then benefit from the buffs.

IE, Scourge then Knell. so the Knell can benefit from the headshot magnetism.

After the change where you throw a Cloned Spear, now I have the additional Delay of needing to swap weapons instead of it being instant.

which then eats into the Usable Buff Duration.

Another issue:

it becomes easy to not notice that the Spear has auto-returned and my buff is over...

It'd be nice if there was some way to address that too....

Perhaps a return animation where reappears on your back and Glows with an obvious effect?

or even an Augment that makes the spear stay deployed permanently, until Manually recalled.... that would be amazing and addresses a bunch of downsides all at once.