Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multishot Perk Anti-Synergy with Incarnon Form

DaMasque

The perk works fine in regular form but in Incarnon form, it just eats away all ammo.

I want to assume its an oversight because it can't be intended for weapons like Miter and Despair to have its full incarnon form gone in less than a second.

Perks I know so far:

Miter - Evolution 2 - Plentiful Mayhem

Despair - Evolution 2 - Stalker's Vendetta

Supposedly they are bugged too, in that they don't increase overall damage by the stated amount, only the damage of extra shots - and on beam weapons (which don't have multiple projectiles) it supposedly works completely different again, increasing the multishot (-1) by the stated value.

By the way the condition overload like evolution is also bugged, or rather the additive base damage on those weapons doesn't work with any condition overload like effects - except those that are mutliplicative, because, yes, all condition overload effects are bugged to be multiplicative on certain weapons (and to not work at all on AoE, but this was later retconned to be "intentional").

Then there's many evolutions that don't work at all, or crash the game, or are just objectively useless.

Basically, don't hold your breath on that particular issue to get fixed, ever. There a million more pressing bugs (I wish I was exaggerating). The unfortunately wholly inadequate bugtesting and fixing has slowed down even more since crossplay was introduced, since DE "cant fix certain things until an update is certified for all platforms" which results in fun things like aimgliding being broken, melee causing permanent aiming, or exalted weapons basically not working at all, to remain in the game for months and months.

• Like 3

I was about to make a forum post about Despair but this exactly sums it up, with only 20 rounds of incarnon ammo its extremely bad design to make something a chore to upkeep. My suggestion would be to make all the projectile weapons gain Incarnon to a lesser value on body shots instead of head shots, the weapons that are hit scan make sense and are easy to do. this would include Paris, Dread, Despair, Miter etc, some flexibility would go a long way to usability

18 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Supposedly they are bugged too, in that they don't increase overall damage by the stated amount, only the damage of extra shots - and on beam weapons (which don't have multiple projectiles) it supposedly works completely different again, increasing the multishot (-1) by the stated value.

By the way the condition overload like evolution is also bugged, or rather the additive base damage on those weapons doesn't work with any condition overload like effects - except those that are mutliplicative, because, yes, all condition overload effects are bugged to be multiplicative on certain weapons (and to not work at all on AoE, but this was later retconned to be "intentional").

Then there's many evolutions that don't work at all, or crash the game, or are just objectively useless.

Basically, don't hold your breath on that particular issue to get fixed, ever. There a million more pressing bugs (I wish I was exaggerating). The unfortunately wholly inadequate bugtesting and fixing has slowed down even more since crossplay was introduced, since DE "cant fix certain things until an update is certified for all platforms" which results in fun things like aimgliding being broken, melee causing permanent aiming, or exalted weapons basically not working at all, to remain in the game for months and months.

It's actually wild how many incarnon evolutions are bugged. Not sure how practically none of them work.

• Like 2

On 2023-06-05 at 8:44 AM, Traumtulpe said:

Agreed.

Aside from bugfixes, they need a LOT of changes. And I took a (big) shot on trying to make most Evolutions more useable, please have a look!

• Like 1