Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add a /killself command.

WhiteAthame

There are many bugs that make you unable to do anything, the two more common are the one that makes you unable to do literally anything, can't jump, can't slide, run, shoot, nothing. And the other one where you can move more or less freely but can't shoot nor use abilities. Both of these bugs usually happen after getting in and out of the operator in quick succession. but they have been active for years now, and the only way of  "fixing" them is dying (not getting downed, dying). Which shouldn't be a problem, if it wasn't for the new meta builds making yourself near immortal on anything that's not high level steelpath, so, were those bugs to happen on some normal mission, you are completely stuck there until you either abort the mission or some teammate (if there's any) finishes the mission for you. (and no, falling from the map does not fix it, neither does using the /unstuck command).

So, as some sort of duct tape fix a /killself command would make for a solution for the players until the bugs are solved, if they get to be.

Edited by WhiteAthame
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

If unstuck doesnt solve it, killself will not either.

Most of the loss of functionality bugs actually do fix on death, as it clears all states out. Unstuck currently doesn't reset any states, so you're "stuck" unable to do certain things when the game has you like, locked in a running animation cycle or something. Unstuck is currently only positional (it just attempts to move to you some geometry you can stand on), I'd honestly like it if they just added a reset to states upon using that too instead of a separate command (especially cause I could see people abusing the name of that recommended command).

• Like 3

Unfortunately some of the loss of functionality bugs include accessing chat too, but at least that's only a subset of them.

If you are on an Open World map mounting your K-Drive will fix most of these bugs, not sure if Yarrli's K-Drive will work for regular tile sets, but that requires a specific frame so you might as well ignore it.

Archwing is not as reliable as K-Drive, and sometimes requires an ability cast before exiting to fix loss of functionality.

The least reliable is operator, but works on a tileset. Void Dash vertically and while you're in the air, transfer back into your warframe.

• Like 1

En 12/6/2023 a las 1:04, IDystopiaI dijo:

Unfortunately some of the loss of functionality bugs include accessing chat too, but at least that's only a subset of them.

If you are on an Open World map mounting your K-Drive will fix most of these bugs, not sure if Yarrli's K-Drive will work for regular tile sets, but that requires a specific frame so you might as well ignore it.

Archwing is not as reliable as K-Drive, and sometimes requires an ability cast before exiting to fix loss of functionality.

The least reliable is operator, but works on a tileset. Void Dash vertically and while you're in the air, transfer back into your warframe.

In some you're still capable of accessing chat if you press esc and then manually click on the chat icon on the lower left of the screen

En 11/6/2023 a las 13:07, Naroxas44 dijo:

Most of the loss of functionality bugs actually do fix on death, as it clears all states out. Unstuck currently doesn't reset any states, so you're "stuck" unable to do certain things when the game has you like, locked in a running animation cycle or something. Unstuck is currently only positional (it just attempts to move to you some geometry you can stand on), I'd honestly like it if they just added a reset to states upon using that too instead of a separate command (especially cause I could see people abusing the name of that recommended command).

The thing with a reset state command is that it'd be pretty easy to exploit if it has no "consequence" of sorts, so I thought that maybe a way that means spending one of your revives in a mission would make it a less reliable option for that.

On the naming matter I gave that name to the command just because it helped me explain it's intended use, ofc there are better options for it.

11 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Very often dying fixes the issues that unstuck doesn't.

But not being stuck, while unable to do anything and this is what we are talking about, not issues that are somethinng else. It is obvious you should not be using /unstuck for issues that do not involve you being stuck and expecting it to fix those.

11 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

That's just blatantly wrong.

You are blatantly off-topic.

Edited by Zakkhar

1 minute ago, Zakkhar said:

But not being stuck, while unable to do anything and this is what we are talking about, not issues.

You are blatantly off-topic.

If you actually read and understood what OP's post is about you would have the chance to realize that you are the one being off-topic.

Reading comprehension 101.

• Like 2

hace 17 minutos, Zakkhar dijo:

But not being stuck, while unable to do anything and this is what we are talking about, not issues that are somethinng else. It is obvious you should not be using /unstuck for issues that do not involve you being stuck and expecting it to fix those.

I commented about /unstuck not fixing it just to clarify that it needs more than just "repositioning" to solve it, that way it's easier to point out the nature of the bug, and my reasoning to ask for a different command that actually has an effect on it.

Quite rude btw

Edited by WhiteAthame
  • Like 1

I thought my statement was quite obvious and does not need expanding, but I did.

7 minutes ago, WhiteAthame said:

Quite rude btw

Tell that to other dude, He started with the attitude, I merely mimicked it. Hell, he goes over and over.

4 hours ago, WhiteAthame said:

The thing with a reset state command is that it'd be pretty easy to exploit if it has no "consequence" of sorts, so I thought that maybe a way that means spending one of your revives in a mission would make it a less reliable option for that.

On the naming matter I gave that name to the command just because it helped me explain it's intended use, ofc there are better options for it.

They could just start a countdown before the game resets your player state. If my choice is abort mission or wait a minute for a countdown to finish I'd be happy to be given the countdown option. Normally you would be able to find an enemy to kill you to fix the bugged state. If you're bugged in an Archon bounty, your team either has to carry you through the mission or you abort and start over, there is no bleeding out to reset your state. Obviously not the best solution for solo defense/survival but for anything with a squad it shouldn't cause issues. If the reset starts getting abused, they can limit the number of uses/increase the countdown. These bugs are common enough to be an issue but usually don't happen multiple times in the same session so an increase in the countdown isn't really an issue.

• Like 1

On 2023-06-11 at 1:02 AM, WhiteAthame said:

/killself command

I 100% agree and support this. Letting enemies kill you is the best debug solution in this game. I know it, OP knows it, DE know it, everybody knows it.
Adding it as a feature would be amazing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WhiteAthame said:

The thing with a reset state command is that it'd be pretty easy to exploit if it has no "consequence" of sorts

So, ideally no one would ever have to use it, but in the event that they do it would have a cooldown like /unstuck currently does (probably like a 3 or 4 min one would be fine, I can't imagine this being spammed or frequently used). I also think they should specifically add tracking to it, so all state data would be recorded in logs at execution of this command. That would make finding the conditions for these broken states a lot easier if they have all the relevant info present, so they can theoretically find and fix the offending issues.

• Like 1

+1 To this feature. My number one bug since I started in november, and I'm certain I've experienced it between 50-100 times, not even kidding. For my part it's always the operator bug, where you can't use weapons/abilities, and your warframe is stuck looking in a certain direction. Can be turned by aiming, but fails to follow the mouse as soon as you stop aiming. Only fix is to die, and not even being revived helps, I need to 100% die. Which means low level missions are a huge pain, as I sometimes need to wait 10 minutes for enemies to be able to kill me. Please DE, add this option, considering this specific bug has been reported at least since 2020, with no talks about a fix.

Fun fact; Just looked up several threads to point out how long this bug has been on-going, and a lot of the threads start in March 2020. Guess Warframe suffers from Corona 🤪

• Like 2

On 2023-06-17 at 1:11 AM, IDystopiaI said:

usually don't happen multiple times in the same session

On the first day after kahl update I got this bug 3 times in a single arbitration. Haven't seen it that often in the last few months tho

Probably an active ability keeping your warframe from going invulnerable while in operator. An enemy like a Moa can ground slam your warframe and knock it down causing the animation lock up. On your end your game thinks you're standing up while the host probably sees you sliding around on your back. Some times, an enemy can knock you down while you're in the bugged state and getting up should fix it.