Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Punishing Xaku for using only his skills to kill feels pretty bad to the point I want to change warframe

Gio21

1 hour ago, Qriist said:

It's worth noting that Xaku's 4th ability forces him to jump forward approximately 2.5 meters every single time.

I tested this in the simulacrum by placing a waypoint at his feet and just activating the Vast Untime twice. At the end of the second animation the waypoint was 5 meters away.

Just to be thorough I did the same thing next to a wall (so the waypoint distance could start at 0m) and also ended up at 5m after two activations.

Even if he was only activating Xaku's 4 every ~30 seconds, and nothing else, that alone produces enough distance to circumvent the AFK timer. (Provided he's not againt a wall each time, of course.)

I don't think movement associated with an ability animation counts as movement for the afk timer. It might but I doubt it

22 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I don't think movement associated with an ability animation counts as movement for the afk timer. It might but I doubt it

Well, I just tested this in a couple public capture fissures on Hepit. I loaded in and touched nothing except Xaku's 2 and 4, plus the occasional energy pizza.

I obviously didn't crack the relic so I didn't get a prime part but I still got the end of mission relic.

Unless dropping the pizza resets the timer, Xaku's abilities did count as movement. I can do better testing when some friends get on later.

52 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Seems like it would be a major oversight if it did.  Not that DE is incapable of major oversights.

4 hours ago, Leqesai said:

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Seems like it would be a major oversight if it did.  Not that DE is incapable of major oversights.

I tried again in a couple relic missions, this time with Excalibur Umbra and this build:
3TsT5z6.png

I also unequipped a companion just to be sure that wouldn't somehow count as my kill.

From the moment the mission began I only used his Slash Dash. I pressed absolutely nothing else.

On one mission I got all the way to extraction, got the relic crack and the expected mission rewards.

In another mission I got all 10 reactant but intentionally chilled away from extract until my squad completed the mission. Normal everything.

That's two auto-move abilities so far that, when used as the sole means of movement, appear to prevent the afk timer. However, there are two variables I can think of in Slash Dash's case:

1. Slash Dash might be considered a weapon kill, even though it's a statstick ability with its own massive list of caveated interactions. (Because of course it has one.)
  2. The sliding near the end of the ability might count as "authentic" movement.

Not sure who else has abilities with forced movement. Garuda, Revenant, Hydroid, Nezha... anyone I'm missing?

Edited by Qriist
  • Like 1

Just now, Qriist said:

I tried again in a couple relic missions, this time with Excalibur Umbra and this build:
3TsT5z6.png

I also unequipped a companion just to be sure that wouldn't somehow count as my kill.

From the moment the mission began I only used his Slash Dash. I pressed absolutely nothing else.

On one mission I got all the way to extraction, got the relic crack and the expected mission rewards.

In another mission I got all 10 reactant but intentionally chilled away from extract until my squad completed the mission. Normal everything.

That's two auto-move abilities so far that, when used as the sole means of movement, appear to prevent the afk timer. However, there are two variables I can think of in Slash Dash's case:

1. Slash Dash might be considered a weapon kill, even though it's a statstick ability with its own massive list of caveated interactions. (Because of course it has one.)
  2. The sliding near the end of the ability might count as "authentic" movement.

Not sure who else has abilities with forced movement. Garuda, Revenant, Hydroid... anyone I'm missing?

Interesting.