Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cyanex homing bullets are unreliable

Nok-Rntha

Once again, I know I am several years too late, but I've only gotten to trying this weapon out now. I was intrigued by the idea of homing bullets, the expectation being that if I blindly fire it in the general direction of a group of enemies, the bullets will do the aiming for me.

Unfortunately, reality is often disappointing.

I could probably chuck a rock and hit enemies far more reliably than if I tried to use the Cyanex how it's intended to be used.

Granted, I was testing it out on the Grineer Sealab tile, but it's not a car. I shouldn't have to pick the right terrain and weather for the weapon to do what it was designed to do correctly.

20 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

A riven with negative projectile speed greatly improves the homing capabilities of cyanex.

I did a test a very long time ago comparing  it with and without Lethal Momentum.  I could tell no difference in its kps, and for some reason the offset angle at which it could be fired and still hit a target was about the same with the mod.

The main fault of that test was that I was shooting at stationary targets.   It's very plausible to me that normal or negative projectile speed would help  in non-Sim situations.  (Up until range becomes a factor, which I'd guess is reduced.)  I just couldn't find evidence of it in the very limited and very old test I did.

24 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I did a test a very long time ago comparing  it with and without Lethal Momentum.  I could tell no difference in its kps, and for some reason the offset angle at which it could be fired and still hit a target was about the same with the mod.

The main fault of that test was that I was shooting at stationary targets.   It's very plausible to me that normal or negative projectile speed would help  in non-Sim situations.  (Up until range becomes a factor, which I'd guess is reduced.)  I just couldn't find evidence of it in the very limited and very old test I did.

Additional projectile speed definitely hinders the homing trajectory in my testing. It isn't incredibly significant with lethal momentum on its own but if you also have a projectile speed riven or use zephyrs augment it is more clear.

Negative projectile speed, however, has a noticeable benefit with regard to homing. It's off set by the slower projectiles though which can make using the gun a little weird.

I will have to go ingame to double-check though because I last looked into this like a year ago (or more?)

2 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Probably close to 4 years for me.

Damn has it been that long since it was released? Maybe it's been longer than I thought since I last messed with it. I know I did a load of builds with it at some point but who knows how long ago it's been. 

22 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Damn has it been that long since it was released? Maybe it's been longer than I thought since I last messed with it. I know I did a load of builds with it at some point but who knows how long ago it's been. 

Remember, all the Corpus Amalgam weapons came with Gas City Rework, which was 2019.

42 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Remember, all the Corpus Amalgam weapons came with Gas City Rework, which was 2019.

I don't remember what my anniversary is. No way I'm going to remember the years stuff was introduced :P