Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoCon 2023: ‘We All Lift Together’ Cover Submissions

[DE]CoreyOnline

Are there any limits on what languages we may translate to? Only officially supported ones? Are there any particular languages you'd suggest to avoid?
I have a translation I made more than 4 years ago for fun that I really love but I'm not sure if I should bother using it...

Edited by Jaynat

Is there a date for when the submissions are to be checked? I had realized I just put in the single track stems for my cover and I just added a mix down for the audio as well to easily hear it in the same drive, so I was wondering if they were going to see that.

On 2023-06-18 at 1:08 AM, KitkatSings said:

Was it alright to just submit the vocals without the backing track?

Yes! That's perfectly fine :) 

On 2023-06-20 at 11:47 AM, KitkatSings said:

Is there a date for when the submissions are to be checked?

We will poke into the submissions list throughout June and July but won't consider anything "final" until the submission deadline date of July 15. 

On 2023-06-20 at 11:01 AM, (NSW)crashmat_104 said:

do you have audio of just the percussion parts I could use?

Sorry Tenno! We are not able to break it down to that level for this project. 

On 2023-06-19 at 10:17 AM, Jaynat said:

Are there any limits on what languages we may translate to?

There are no language exclusions but please find a way to mention in your submission what language you are singing in! Either in the file name or elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply! I have one more question: If I want to record a cover with multiple fellow Tenno as singers, is there a way to credit them all? I know you said it's not necessary as long as they are all on board, but what if we do want to have their names listed?

Edited by Jaynat
Clarification

Hellooo, I'm really excited about this :D. One question, I made a cover with vocals, guitars and hitting a bunch of things (like a hammer against steel, a wrench and a knife with a screwdriver). Under what should I submit it, vocals or instrumental?

19 hours ago, Paburoxx said:

Hellooo, I'm really excited about this :D. One question, I made a cover with vocals, guitars and hitting a bunch of things (like a hammer against steel, a wrench and a knife with a screwdriver). Under what should I submit it, vocals or instrumental?

Yeah asked this a awhile ago would definitely be interested in the response!

• Like 1

On 2023-06-26 at 8:26 PM, Paburoxx said:

Hey there! Either or is fine but perhaps instrumental is best. It's really meant to help differentiate if Tenno are singing along to the provided track or creating their own instrumental track, but it will all go to the same place for review! 

• Like 2

Quick question: How should I submit my version?

I made a saxophone quartet version so should I submit all four parts individually or as an edited version? (I don't know what you would need for the medley)

Another question: If I want to submit a video, should I submit it as a single video file or with the audio in the video together? (this would reduce the quality)

Hello, dear Tenno! I have a few questions about this contest. 
I'm doing a cover of "We all lift together". There will be an orchestra, a choir consisting of me, a bass-profundo soloist, a piano and a bunch of other stuff.
1) What should I specify: vocals or instrumental?
2) Do I need to upload each track individually or can I upload a mix/master already?
3) Can I upload a youtube video link (when I upload it)?

14 hours ago, Mr.Vesker23 said:

Hello, dear Tenno! I have a few questions about this contest. 
I'm doing a cover of "We all lift together". There will be an orchestra, a choir consisting of me, a bass-profundo soloist, a piano and a bunch of other stuff.
1) What should I specify: vocals or instrumental?
2) Do I need to upload each track individually or can I upload a mix/master already?
3) Can I upload a youtube video link (when I upload it)?

That rules!! 
1. you can put it under "vocals" if there is singing and "instrumental" if there is not. But don't worry, it all ends up in the same place! It's just a category to help us distinguish on the spreadsheet what to expect. 
2. a mix / master is ideal! But if you wanted to also attach individual tracks, we won't object. The more we have to work with the better!
3. Yes you can upload a video link (just no RickRolls ;P). Google Drive link is ideal though! Just be sure to edit the access so that it's visible to anyone with the link. 

• Like 3

В 08.07.2023 в 00:04, [DE]CoreyOnline сказал:

3. Yes you can upload a video link (just no RickRolls ;P). Google Drive link is ideal though! Just be sure to edit the access so that it's visible to anyone with the link. 

All right. Uh-huh. I'll attach a link to the google drive folder then. There will be a wav MASTER/MIX file, as well as wav files of each instrument and voice individually. And also the project in Reaper (just in case). And link to my video on YT (and mp4 video file itself).
I only had 9 days to create this cover (I have a train to catch in 5 hours). I basically made this cover to the end, but I didn't have time to do the mastering.🙁 Like to throw in various plugins, compression, equalization and all that) So it can still be brought to perfection. I'll come at the end of July and then I'll start to finish it (if it's already necessary). 

-----

And I also pointed out that I'm from Russia. I hope there will be no problems with me after this :( I'm for peace guys 😇

• Like 1

Aaaa I've been hoping for this for years!!! I'm so happy to submit my vocals and sing with everyone. Thank you so much!!! 
I hope it's okay that I didn't do any whistling though. I'm a rare whistle-less Tenno 💖

• Like 2

23 часа назад, Mr.Vesker23 сказал:

I only had 9 days to create this cover (I have a train to catch in 5 hours). I basically made this cover to the end, but I didn't have time to do the mastering.🙁 Like to throw in various plugins, compression, equalization and all that) So it can still be brought to perfection. I'll come at the end of July and then I'll start to finish it (if it's already necessary). 

-----

I can finish the project on July 17 and 18. Is that possible?

Now I'll drop a link to the google drive folder in the form. There would be just the instrumental. I have it unaligned (unmixed) with vocals for now. I'm away, but I still have the project at home in my laptop. (I'll be back in 3 days)...
What if sound engineers will do, for example, after July 18, mixing all covers into one. Or let them do mine last. It took me about 30 hours to create this "We all lift together" cover.

It will be such a shame that because of some three day trip, it will all be for nothing 😭

UPD:

Okay, by some miracle I found a computer and brought the tracks together on my knee. The finished result is far from perfect. In particular, I would like to correct the sound balance and master it properly. But this is already too difficult for me.
I dropped the link to Google drive. There you will find my master/mix, as well as wav files separately with orchestra and separately with vocals. Plus, there will be a folder with the full project in REAPER (so that, if you work there, you can edit what you need yourself) and all rendered stems

Edited by Mr.Vesker23
relevance has changed
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Faeii said:

Aaaa I've been hoping for this for years!!! I'm so happy to submit my vocals and sing with everyone. Thank you so much!!! 
I hope it's okay that I didn't do any whistling though. I'm a rare whistle-less Tenno 💖

That's okay, I can't whistle either! 

• Like 2

My wife and I are really excited to submit this tonight and we have worked on the song together all day/night! Are we able to submit it under my username/email? Just want to make sure we are following rules properly. 

EDIT: Question was answered above by DECorey on first page. TLDR: As long as everyone is on the same page and it is actually you, it is fine to submit under one name. (Make sure to credit your people though!) 

Edited by squirrelchips
Forgot to add myself lol.

• 2 weeks later...
В 15.07.2023 в 15:41, xGRENx сказал:
Greeting. 
Please tell me when, where and how to find out the result? Will it be notified by mail?
And will there be a separate stream on Twitch for these covers?
✌️

I endorse the words of gentleman above
And can you please tell me, regarding my application, if my google-drive link is still open?
I double-checked, it seems like it should be working! But, if anything, if something suddenly doesn't work, please let me know and I'll recreate the link.
)

Спойлер

I'm just seeing that no one has downloaded my files from the google-drive yet. so, that's why I'm worried

(

• Like 1