Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

after all this time I forced myself to play and finally get Yareli !

_Anise_

she gets stuck on everything, a lot of the doorways specially in grinner maps are too small for her, but after having forced myself to play her a lot, I even did 2 litch hunts with almost exclusively as yareli I think I finally "get" her.

she isn't meant to be this petite agile speedy kdrive frame, she is meant to control and feel like a slow tank, or better comparison should be a lawn mower, she can't handle tight corners, she can't handle parkour she just chugs along slowly bumping in to everything clunkily, getting stuck of "rocks" while her spinning blades massacre everything in her path like a lawnmower cutting down grass and I think I am "ok" with this!

to further reinforce this play-style they removed her status immunity, I get it ! you are meant to run around WITHOUT merlina most of the time, if you get status proc then you cast the surfboard a few times for the iframes to survive the status and that's why it's so cheap to cast!

so you really only supposed to use the kdrive for static objectives like mobile defense (even then only at higher levels) or for surviving a status proc and to let she shields recharge or occasionally burning down a long corridor with nothing to get snagged on, it's the only explanation of why her kdrive is so bad for constant use, they don't want people to use kdrive all the time ! finally get it and now think as a frame she is fine!

image.png

(above, the ground sucking Yareli in for no reason, unable to move while on top of that grid, seen similar in other places and you can't tell me that it intentionally went unnoticed and unfixed for 2 years!! also seen her instantly die from being on kdrive, among countless other bugs in the short time I have been playing her)

another stand out thing I saw is atmos when modded to have a larger ammo pool sometimes just stops working, wont reload or anything until you get off the kdrive!

tldr: Porbably going to start using her a bit more now I know I am not meant to be using k-drive, or should I saw now i know how to use it properly!

• Like 3

it might have been kuva nukor not atamos that softlocks! also I forgot to add a screenshot, every time corpus doors

image.png

this is what I see

21 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

dumped Merulina for a subsumed ability

which one did you choose ?

15 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

which one did you choose ?

Sentient Wrath. Caliban's, of all things. It's a CC with a wide range that lifts targets and makes them take extra damage. That extra damage isn't much but it multiplies with Sea Snares' extra damage, it's cheap to cast, and it shuts down a lot of enemies. I wish I could say that it synergizes with Riptide too, but Riptide is just so meh right now.

59 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Sentient Wrath

seems an ok choice, doesn't Warframe also have other mods that are synergistic with "lifted enemies" though I kinda wanted to go with pillage for extra survival and strip BUT think stacking power to get the armor strip does not scale any of her other abilities!

her 4 is hilarious if you stack range then shoot into the kawoosh with an AOE while cutting them up with her blades so was making me consider the balls from nova for DR

1 hour ago, Grommile said:

simultaneously amusing and horrifying

Lawnmower frame! 😅

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

you’re arguing that kdrive is exclusively for areas that you’d expect that to not be the most beneficial on

not that kdrive is for areas I didn't expect (unless you count using it only to immune though a status effect ?)

just that its really effective to on a litch mobile defense (for example) to just hop on your kdrive, start up the aqua blades and sit next to a group of enemies and wait for them to be mowed down, then slowly and clunkily move to the next group and mow them down too. then just jump off it and warframe parkour to the next mobile defense point .

where my initial impression was more like, this is nezha halo, you cast it and when it falls off you cast it again! but when she can't even get though most doorways realized that wasn't the case, she is meant to be off the kdrive as much as she is on it! or at least she plays much better that way.

4 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

you actually can go very fast on merulina, you just need to practice

except for all the things telling me no, bugs, like floors you sink into that almost enitrely cripple your movement speed, or the doors her head gets caught on killing her momentum, the fact that kdrive has no "glide" no wall latch nor wall jump making k-driveless warframe movement feel superior!

6 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

yareli is the kdrive frame you use her for the kdrive

I mean its probably subjective ? if I can make her work and have fun while using the kdrive NOT for movement, but more like a stationary tank to make her unkillable at defense targets is that really so bad ?

56 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

except for all the things telling me no, bugs, like floors you sink into that almost enitrely cripple your movement speed, or the doors her head gets caught on killing her momentum, the fact that kdrive has no "glide" no wall latch nor wall jump making k-driveless warframe movement feel superior!

I mean its probably subjective ? if I can make her work and have fun while using the kdrive NOT for movement, but more like a stationary tank to make her unkillable at defense targets is that really so bad ?

no you stay on merulina all the time

seriously though, just practice, you get good at it with enough practice

here's some tips

• double tap crouch to fall faster
  • during a roll, you keep your vertical momentum and you can also do fast falls
  • you can roll as many times as you want to, there's no limit like there is with normal frames
  • most movement in open areas should be done with rolls and fast falls
  • try to stay in the air while moving, and stay mostly grounded or in the air (depending on the weapon you're using) in combat
  • don't sprint in tight areas
  • crouch as you go under doors (sometimes it bugs and thinks you're trying to do a grind, most of the time it works tho)
Edited by gamingchair1121
edit

2 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

uhh no yareli is the kdrive frame you use her for the kdrive

otherwise you use nezha

and you actually can go very fast on merulina, you just need to practice

Using murelina on normal maps where k drives were never designed for is equivalent to that childrens game where you place block shapes in the appropriate hole. A square isn't going to fit into the circle hole. There is no benefit that outweighs having to use her kdrive in these situations even if you practice, practice, practice.

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Using murelina on normal maps where k drives were never designed for is equivalent to that childrens game where you place block shapes in the appropriate hole. A square isn't going to fit into the circle hole. There is no benefit that outweighs having to use her kdrive in these situations even if you practice, practice, practice.

its fun though