Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We may need an altered (new?) UI for the Steel Path

pythonxi

Ever since Duviri came out, I started to spend more time in Steel Path due to The Circuit. However, the amount of time I find myself accidentally drop into a Steel Path mission because I forgot to turn off the small toggle before I logout has become alarmingly high. I wouldn't mind this honestly if it wasn't the fact that sometimes I find myself as the host of a fissure mission with a terribly sub-optimal loadout.

Perhaps a red filter instead of the regular Star Chart's blue-ish hue..? Or a screen border that says "Steel Path" continuously, like a crime scene tape..?

Thanks anyway...

• Like 5

My comment from a post I made a week ago:

Please reconsider steel path toggle, it is too basic for how many missions it influences.

It is annoying trying to do fissures and not realizing you have it on and having to do additional things before it since it straight up removes the ability to toggle while in the fissure screens. Before that it was alright since I could handle it most of the time since it was only used for steel essence and I didn't have to worry about entering a mission with it on since I couldn't for various missions such as open world missions or queenpins for example.  But now with Duviri where everything has a steel path variant, both in mission rewards and mission structure, makes it horrible to try and manage this setting on top of all the other gamemode elements that are or are not dependent on the steel path toggle.

Its placement is horrible and wasn't designed with the intention of being on for long periods of time or even short extended missions. And it clearly shows in Duviri where it is very easy to quickly get into a game without realizing which mode you have it on but takes forever to reset to normal mode out of steel path, or vice versa, once you have entered Duviri.

Please reconsider overhauling the Steel Path toggle, in its current state it has clearly outgrown its status of check to see if you have lines at the edge of your screen or checking if see is there is additional 1s, aka lines, somewhere on the screen. It needs to be something more direct to the player, other games most commonly use a screen-wide color gradient change to indicate a harder mode, this could be a perfect way of conveying that you have steel path on. And then a better UI for switching the toggle, making it have more contrasting elements along with increasing its size and adding in dynamic elements to account for other moving elements such as the fissure select screen can help.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pythonxi said:

However, the amount of time I find myself accidentally drop into a Steel Path mission because I forgot to turn off the small toggle before I logout has become alarmingly high.

I do not understand. That is a problem how? You can either leave the mission or complete it on SP. Level of enemies will tell you exactly where you are pretty soon.

Edited by Zakkhar

9 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

I do not understand. That is a problem how? You can either leave the mission or complete it on SP. Level of enemies will tell you exactly where you are pretty soon.

I explain why it's a problem literally in the next sentence:

15 hours ago, pythonxi said:

... I wouldn't mind this honestly if it wasn't the fact that sometimes I find myself as the host of a fissure mission with a terribly sub-optimal loadout...

15 hours ago, pythonxi said:

Ever since Duviri came out, I started to spend more time in Steel Path due to The Circuit. However, the amount of time I find myself accidentally drop into a Steel Path mission because I forgot to turn off the small toggle before I logout has become alarmingly high. I wouldn't mind this honestly if it wasn't the fact that sometimes I find myself as the host of a fissure mission with a terribly sub-optimal loadout.

Perhaps a red filter instead of the regular Star Chart's blue-ish hue..? Or a screen border that says "Steel Path" continuously, like a crime scene tape..?

Thanks anyway...

The whole Navigation needs a huge overhaul at this point. It's unable to accomodate all the layers of gamemodes and it's simply getting illegible.
SP toggle is just an example of a bigger problem.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pythonxi said:

I explain why it's a problem literally in the next sentence:

I have seen it, and frankly do not understand why would you run anything but the best setup regardless of the difficulty level. If its SP ready it will decimate everything else. There is really not reason to min-max below SP content. It kinda seems like a made-up issue, jusst like people having multiple pieces of the same frame for reasons.

13 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

I have seen it, and frankly do not understand why would you run anything but the best setup regardless of the difficulty level. If its SP ready it will decimate everything else. There is really not reason to min-max below SP content. It kinda seems like a made-up issue, jusst like people having multiple pieces of the same frame for reasons.

Because I might be leveling up weapons/frames and didn't bother potatoing them? Furthermore (I am MR30+ so this is a non-issue for me, but) a lot of players will have a reduced mod capacity so they cannot make any SP viable build from the get-go, and they may find themselves in a SP void fissure with a loadout they filled with weapons they wanted to level up.

I mean this is not a life & death situation, I am just giving a feedback about a QoL issue with the game's UI.

22 minutes ago, pythonxi said:

Because I might be leveling up weapons/frames and didn't bother potatoing them?

So just rank them up in proper leveling modes and forget about them. Why would you run normal missions with them equipped? Into leeching, arent we?

22 minutes ago, pythonxi said:

Furthermore (I am MR30+ so this is a non-issue for me, but) a lot of players will have a reduced mod capacity so they cannot make any SP viable build from the get-go, and they may find themselves in a SP void fissure with a loadout they filled with weapons they wanted to level up.

Ah yes, more virtue signaling. Just abort the mission like any non-snowflake people do if they run wrong build by accident. Sooner you do that, bigger the chance that squad will get replacement.

Edited by Zakkhar