Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dera Incarnon or Tenet Dera a possibility?

Bluemillion

The Dera is one of the best looking weapons in this game. Sadly, the Dera vandal just doesn't cut it for steel path. It's a shame to let such a great design linger in obscurity. A Tenet Dera would be absolutely gorgeous. However, it doesn't have a secondary fire, so incarnon would also be a possibility. Just saying, there's some love for this weapon out there!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Dera is cool. not sure what a transformation would be cool though, while still being a Dera.

It could summon a few phantom dera's, like Xaku's grasp of Lohk, that would also lock on and shoot enemies. Since Xaku is a void frame, it would even fit the incarnon theme.

18 minutes ago, Bluemillion said:

It could summon a few phantom dera's, like Xaku's grasp of Lohk, that would also lock on and shoot enemies. Since Xaku is a void frame, it would even fit the incarnon theme.

better than some of the Incarnons.
as no offense, the transformations of almost all of these are just baffling. like, what does mode 2 have to do with mode 1, at all.
lol

Not into it myself, but Dera seems like an extremely plausible candidate for some Incarnon love, being old and little used.  But it wasn't on the most recent leaked list, if there's anything to that. 

I think there's a good chance eventually, as long as  DE sticks with the Incarnon system.

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

as no offense, the transformations of almost all of these are just baffling. like, what does mode 2 have to do with mode 1, at all.
lol

it reminds me of the lava gun -> meteor gun upgrade from ratchet and clank.

I dont mind the inherent incarnon weapons completely changing when you activate incarnon mode because they were always that way, but i wanna use the torid because "haha funny fart bomb" not because it becomes the synapse

8 hours ago, taiiat said:

lol

I dunno, the chaotic transformations fit when you consider the original incarnon weapons. Phenmor is just a marksman's rifle, the alt is a minigun with infinite punch through. Laetum is a semi-auto pistol, the alt is a submachine gun that fires explosive rounds. Felarx is a shotgun with infinite punchthrough on non-headshots, the alt is garbage. The incarnon melees are just that, the alts are upgrades.

Going by that context, the incarnon genesis for the weapons fits the theme of altering how the original weapon functions unless they're melee.

5 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

I dont mind the inherent incarnon weapons completely changing when you activate incarnon mode because they were always that way, but i wanna use the torid because "haha funny fart bomb" not because it becomes the synapse

it's so weird

you press the alt Button for the first time and assuming you didn't get spoiled by the Internet on what it does already before, you go to shoot basically any of them in the alt form
and you just scratch your Head - "huh, dafuq am i even using?"

3 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

I dunno, the chaotic transformations fit when you consider the original incarnon weapons. Phenmor is just a marksman's rifle, the alt is a minigun with infinite punch through. Laetum is a semi-auto pistol, the alt is a submachine gun that fires explosive rounds. Felarx is a shotgun with infinite punchthrough on non-headshots, the alt is garbage. The incarnon melees are just that, the alts are upgrades.

Going by that context, the incarnon genesis for the weapons fits the theme of altering how the original weapon functions unless they're melee.

• Phenmor is a pretty tame one. it just massively increases the Fire Rate. that still makes some sense, as it's basically just a big Fire Rate OC.
  • Felarx is just, bewildering. starts as a Shotgun, turns into...... uh..... micro akimbo Plasmors? i guess?
  • bruh, what
  • Torid turns into a Lasergun. wtf? this is an area denial chokepoint Weapon.
  • Bronco basically turns into a Glaive
  • Burston turns into an Autocannon
  • Vasto turns into a Burst Gun
  • Atomos turns into a Grenade Launcher
  • Latron turns into a Glaive

Miter is pretty on brand though, since the Augment already shipped it as a makeshift Rocket Launcher thingy. but now they Richocet too (which is a theme it already had).

and then a bunch of them are 'ok' but kinda... generic? a whole bunch just turn into an AoE wave gun. oh, i guess Felarx technically falls into that too.

most of them are just so.... basically random. doesn't make them bad, more of "ok, but, why?".

Tenet version would probably make the most sense, as you see MANY corpus units use this. The Vandal version is just left in the dust by so many of newer weapons.

Quanta could also use a Tenet upgrade, even if it's in a better spot with its vandal version.

Imo, Incarnon upgrade really should be mostly kept for Tenno, Infested and Orokin themed weapons, even though we already got some that were out of those themes, Atomos, Ack & Brunt and Miter, namely.