Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will DE ever consider bringing back the Cinta's alt fire?

Zahnrad

So I finally got my hands on my very own Cinta and...I'm feeling rather let down.

Previously I was able to use it due to Duviri giving it as a loaner weapon, and while the Alt-Fire was indeed buggy and could do with some changes, I thought it was a really cool feature to have on a weapon. Now that I finally have one in my hands I've found it...It's just straight up gone now.

Checking the wiki it states that it was removed because the Alt-Fire was designed for Enemies, not Players to use and that its damage didn't scale properly, along with some animation bugs.

While I get all that. Why can't this bug be turned into a feature like many other great things in Warframe? It felt like a feature when using it.

If I had to suggest some changes, for re-implementation I'd suggest that instead of Alt Fire being a "Mode" it instead just triggers instantly from using the Alt-Fire without switching to a new mode.

Even if it didn't benefit from damage mods, the mines could still be really useful and have a place in Players hands if they had a high status chance. Imagine an enemy is approaching you, you jump backwards while laying down mines, the enemy gets coated in Status effects of choice, and then you can finish them off with regular firing modes.

• Like 12

Personally I don't understand the reasons for it to be removed too.

"Intended for enemies, not players" - so what?

"Causes damage and animation bugs" - ehm, there are a lot more gamebreaking bugs to focus your (devs) attention on but you chose to focus on Cinta's inconsiderable bugs.

Edited by bl1te
  • Like 7

I get why they removed it.  Bugs get fixed.  (Eventually.  Mostly...  Ok, often.)  But I wish somebody with decision making power had looked at the situation and said, "You know what, let's disable it for now if necessary, but touch it up and make it usable.  Because this looks fun."

I'm sort of hoping this did happen behind the scenes.  But in that hypothetical case they're probably saving it for a different weapon or ability.

• Like 2

Aw what? I’m exactly the same in that I lucked into it through the Randomiser and got a chance to use it, and though it was weird and practically unuseable in its form at the time, making stupid gimmicks work using the extensive build and loadout system is absolutely my jam and I was hoping they’d just adjust it

Disappointed that it’s gone, though still mildly hopeful they’ll rework it and bring it back

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

It was very clunky to use, it didn't scale at all IIRC, and required a mode change to activate. It was very bad, so when they announced it wasn't intended for players to use, just enemies, made sense. Back to the clunkiness, like... there are some enemies that will rush you, so having a sort of defensive fire where you go backwards and fire at the spot you were and all that, could be effective against such enemies, but also requires you to change modes via alt fire which eh... Mind you, all of these are problems that could be solved. Like if they just made it fire with alt fire instead of requiring a mode switch, let it scale and use mods, etc Could be great with grouping abilities. 

Personally I thought it would be neat as well, if they did turn it into a feature for a bow. Cinta is pretty good on its own though, so I wouldn't be opposed to them adding back a reworked better version, or alternatively, could be something they could add to a new bow eventually. 

• Like 1

I remember feeling pretty let down by the alt fire. In concept it's cool! But in practice, having to wait for the mode switch, then wait for the animation made it feel ultra clunky. And then I have to remember to mode-switch back, or keep doing that jumping back animation when I try to shoot something, lol.

It should have just been the alt fire instead of requiring a switch, and if they brought it back like that (as well as allowing mods to affect it) then I would be pretty happy, but I'm not all that upset that it's gone.

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

It was a really dumb alt fire though.

It was completely irrelevant.

It was pointless but they could have buffed it and left it as a unique feature. I would love to have the enemies have (Where is the Corpus flame thrower, DE?)

At default it would have 40% or 50% Status Chance and pressing Atl-Fire key would trigger it instantly instead forcing player wasting 1 second switching to Alt-Fire, 1 second jumping backwards and 0,5-1.0 second waiting for animation to give controls back to the player.

Edited by Tuli_Donitsi
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Tuli_Donitsi said:

It was pointless but they could have buffed it and left it as a unique feature. I would love to have the enemies have (Where is the Corpus flame thrower, DE?)

At default it would have 40% or 50% Status Chance and pressing Atl-Fire key would trigger it instantly instead forcing player wasting 1 second switching to Alt-Fire, 1 second jumping backwards and 0,5-1.0 second waiting for animation to give controls back to the player.

Could even have it where Fire Rate or some other mod makes the animation or recovery faster.

Btw Has anyone ever seen that dax archer using the mode-switch animation?

If not, then there is a question: how comes it is not intended for players if there is a special animation the player uses was developed for this?

• Like 2