Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikanas, we need them out of their sheathe to colour properly

Drasiel

Nikanas are the one weapon type that comes with a sheath, due to this we can't actually see the blade when we are colouring them. My current workaround is using a garish selection of red, green, blue, yellow, and black to colour each channel so I can see what colour goes where then going into capturing to take a picture when the blade is out. Then I colour it with what I think will work, hope for the best and take another picture to check it. Repeat until happy with the colours. 

Could we get a better method to do this, please? Here are some suggestions:

• Have the warframe draw the nikana when we click on it in the arsenal.
  • Give us a "forms" button like the warframes, equinox/chroma so we can see the nikana sheathless
  • Hide the sheath when colouring because just like with a bow weapon's arrow, the sheath isn't coloured by the main colours but by the attachment submenu colours. We only need to see the sheath in the submenu.
  • Like 5

What we really need is just a way to inspect any weapon manually in the arsenal, by itself, in any states it can be (transformed, unsheathed, etc.) without any of that "cool epic pose" garbage getting in the way

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Pakaku said:

What we really need is just a way to inspect any weapon manually in the arsenal, by itself, in any states it can be (transformed, unsheathed, etc.) without any of that "cool epic pose" garbage getting in the way

That would be ideal, but we've asking for that since the single digit update days so my hope for that level of option is low. I gotta admit I was annoyed as heck when they added zoom to customizing the warframe appearance, but not to the weapons which are the ones that really need the ability to zoom sometimes. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

That would be ideal, but we've asking for that since the single digit update days so my hope for that level of option is low. I gotta admit I was annoyed as heck when they added zoom to customizing the warframe appearance, but not to the weapons which are the ones that really need the ability to zoom sometimes. 

Even when you zoom in, there are idle animations that sometimes hold weapons in very odd angles (always in melee's case), or obscured by the body, even clipping into them (a very common sight as a Hildryn player)

It's funny how the best we have right now is swapping to Limbo and waiting for one of his animations to levitate the weapon

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Even when you zoom in, there are idle animations that sometimes hold weapons in very odd angles (always in melee's case), or obscured by the body, even clipping into them (a very common sight as a Hildryn player)

It's funny how the best we have right now is swapping to Limbo and waiting for one of his animations to levitate the weapon

That's not a bad trick, I normally use captura since we can effectively pause during the animations there to get a good look at the weapons. 

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

That's not a bad trick, I normally use captura since we can effectively pause during the animations there to get a good look at the weapons. 

It doesn't work for melee, but if you want a full view of a gun, including handles and such, it's not a bad way of accomplishing that. More so in captura, pause the floating animation and get an even clearer view