Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon - Some bounty steps prone to bonus failure/outright failure

Void2258

There are a few bounty steps on the plains that have a design issue. For most, it's with the bonus, which requires you to kill a certain number of enemies in a short time frame. However, the spawn rate and/or distributed location of spawns is such that it is virtually impossible to do; there simply aren't enough targets available to achieve the goal in the time limit. Thus, getting such a bounty step essentially auto-fails the bonus through no fault of the players. Examples include drawing out an assassination target (slow spawns) and clearing an open area (extremely spread out spawns, also somewhat slow).

However in a few cases (primarily exterminations in the 'caves'), this can exacerbate to the point where the entire bounty risks failing, again due to simply not having enough enemies to kill in the time limit, especially with the sometimes very long entry paths to reach the 'cave' proper or lots of side passages enemies can get stuck in and not be found by players without enemy radar. (I use 'cave' because several of the areas are open to the sky inside even though they count as caves and not part of the main map.)

Both of these cases need to be addressed to prevent unfair denial of rewards. The plains bounties are already home to some annoying phases (find the drone, find the caches), but these kill count based phases can unfairly fail just because of the base design.

• Like 7

This has been a persistent problem for some time now.

I believe it's worse in solo , but I haven't bothered with bounties in quite some time , so my memory is a little foggy.

Plains are the most in need of some changes for their progression and bounty challenges in my opinion. (Vallis has a different problem with the debt bond drops) 

The biggest issue is the one where you have to kill # of enemies in the SE portion of the map where you need to enter a cave opening and take it down a long corridor then through some more cave tunnels to open up to a new little cordoned off area exposed to the sea but unreachable unless by said cave tunnel system.

I'd say it's a 50-50 hit rate on whether you get enough spawns...

• Like 1

On 2023-07-10 at 7:54 AM, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

The biggest issue is the one where you have to kill # of enemies in the SE portion of the map where you need to enter a cave opening and take it down a long corridor then through some more cave tunnels to open up to a new little cordoned off area exposed to the sea but unreachable unless by said cave tunnel system.

I'd say it's a 50-50 hit rate on whether you get enough spawns...

That would be one of the 'caves' I mentioned.

If a cave step occurs there is not point even trying to complete the bounty because it's already failed. 99.999995% of the time the spawn rate will not be high enough and the hiding spots are too many for the bounty to be completeable. Just immediately quit the bounty and leave. It;s criminal how many things on plains are self-failing. Especially adding in Narmer bounties fairly recently that HEAVILY favor the steps that have this problem, to the point that around 75% of the time they cannot be completed.

Edited by Void2258

On 2023-07-09 at 10:49 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

This has been a persistent problem for some time now.

I believe it's worse in solo , but I haven't bothered with bounties in quite some time , so my memory is a little foggy.

Plains are the most in need of some changes for their progression and bounty challenges in my opinion. (Vallis has a different problem with the debt bond drops) 

Unironically the orb vallis problem is solved by doing the profit taker orb, who always drops medical and advances bonds. The issue is actually finding someone who is willing to bring you along just for that though. 

Otherwise it is an awful terrible grind. 

The bonus objective for the capture, which is to "not kill anything else" is so dumb and frustrating. That thing belongs on a riven challenge or nightwave, and seems out of place. Just make the bonus prerequisite about time, like if you fail to capture this target in just below 20-30 seconds, you don't get the bonus.

I used Mesa the last time I did a solo area control bounty for Plains Sortie. But I actually spent most of it in archwing watching for dropship spawns. The pattern was see dropship, blink blink blink, melee, press 4, instanuke troops before they hit the ground, spam Zenurik/energy pads, reactivate archwing, repeat. Energize/Nourish rarely procced because I cast 4 near max range and didn't have time to loot. With that setup I managed to fail the bonus and almost fail the bounty. It's easy to imagine a non-nuke solo setup failing within a minute. And Plains Sortie is very often solo because people seem to skip it entirely.

6 hours ago, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

Unironically the orb vallis problem is solved by doing the profit taker orb, who always drops medical and advances bonds. The issue is actually finding someone who is willing to bring you along just for that though. 

Otherwise it is an awful terrible grind. 

I don't think that's possible anymore , I may be wrong as I haven't tried to do a recruited orb heist in a while.