Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven question

The_Royal_Elf_Mika

Question

7 answers to this question

Roll again for slash or combo. Those extra crit chance and status chance weren't great. You still need at least Sacrificial Steel or Blood Rush to get better crit chance. You can get better status chance from 60/60 or weeping wound. Syam is a Nikana-ish go for faster combo build up

For riven melee unless you get +110% crit chance to replace those crit mod then you better roll a new one otherwise you just sacrifice one slot for few buff.

Building viral (i presume the reason you get those cold element) for non glaive melee is not sugessted since you can proc viral from secondary primer or panzer vulpy. It's the slash/heat damage that kill your enemy

44 minutes ago, BroDutt said:

Roll again for slash or combo. Those extra crit chance and status chance weren't great. You still need at least Sacrificial Steel or Blood Rush to get better crit chance. You can get better status chance from 60/60 or weeping wound. Syam is a Nikana-ish go for faster combo build up

His riven has neither crit chance, nor status chance in it

• Like 1

Ehhh, I mean the thing specifically, is that its decent, and can only get better with time. I don't personally know enough about this kind of Nikana (single) to say much, but I can't imagine this weapon staying at its current Disposition, so eventually it should be buffed, so you could hold on to it and it'd probably be good. 

Also if you weren't aware, AznvasionPlays has a pretty in depth video on Syam that you might be interested in. I'd just generally recommend it if you are interested in Syam. 

• Like 1

Well, the Syam does have a projectie attack, so it's already infinitely better than the Nikana Prime even without the Riven as far as I'm concerned

Asides from that, it's a decent roll, not bad to stick with for now. Having +Crit is never bad, but +Cold will mean your heavy attack projectiles will become Blast damage unless you add another elemental like Toxin . +Slash could be preferrable over –Puncture, you may want to run a standard Slash mod to make up for it, which could be more favourable in the end for physical damage balancing anyways. If you use the heavy attack projectile a lot like I tend to, you may want to consider keeping heavy attack efficiency in mind if you're rolling it in the future

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Ehhh, I mean the thing specifically, is that its decent, and can only get better with time. I don't personally know enough about this kind of Nikana (single) to say much, but I can't imagine this weapon staying at its current Disposition, so eventually it should be buffed, so you could hold on to it and it'd probably be good. 

Also if you weren't aware, AznvasionPlays has a pretty in depth video on Syam that you might be interested in. I'd just generally recommend it if you are interested in Syam. 

oh ill check that out, thank you!

4 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Well, the Syam does have a projectie attack, so it's already infinitely better than the Nikana Prime even without the Riven as far as I'm concerned

Asides from that, it's a decent roll, not bad to stick with for now. Having +Crit is never bad, but +Cold will mean your heavy attack projectiles will become Blast damage unless you add another elemental like Toxin . +Slash could be preferrable over –Puncture, you may want to run a standard Slash mod to make up for it, which could be more favourable in the end for physical damage balancing anyways. If you use the heavy attack projectile a lot like I tend to, you may want to consider keeping heavy attack efficiency in mind if you're rolling it in the future

my favorite melee frame atm is Voruna, but ill try to keep it highly efficient still, to help here is my current build:

tbh, idk what id change for a toxin mod/slash mod

ZkmXBqK.png

tz4TCfX.png

Edited by (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika
added pic of Gladiator Vice for Virulent Scourge