Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you're not going to devote dev resources to Kahl gameplay, remove it and add the tokens to the archon hunts

Squick

On 2023-07-19 at 2:16 AM, Voltage said:

Anecdotally, there seemed to have be more vocal praise for Conjunction Survival than most updates in the last few years. That's pretty telling.

Warframe is not "killing it's own game" or anything those doom-threads would post, but it's definitely alienating it's older players and making the game feel overall less focused on what made it so good to begin with, with a massive failure on refining what it has already for a long time now.

As suggested by many, Kahl could greatly improve from things that have improved Warframes. This game didn't always have good movement, good melee combat, or interesting gamemodes that put equipment to proper use. However non-Warframe combat (Necramech, Drifter, Kahl, Railjack, Archwing etc.) have all launched (and some still in exist) in a way that forgot all these things. This trend leads to resentment about their account arsenal every time DE shows off the latest non-Warframe content introduction.

I hear ya but, when you really take a step back and look at your own journey in the game, you have to account for going well beyond the gameplay scope of a normal game. Many of us have never encountered a game that has run this long and, to be real, we're creating these unachievable rules without checking ourselves. 

We have played the HELL out of this game. If you had a memory and account wipe, and had to start brand spanking new, dude...can you imagine? I say this because it is extremely hard to surprise 5000+ hour players. DE still somehow manages it but we pick apart everything like bitter old men and women...which does fit a natural relationship cycle. Sometimes, we gotta choose to enjoy it as it is instead of nagging at it constantly. No?

On 2023-07-19 at 4:10 AM, CrownOfShadows said:

SMH

You're missing the main release, Duviri, in which you do not play warframes. You're missing the release prior to Duviri, Veilbreaker, in which you do not play warframes. You're missing the release before that, the New War, in which you mostly do not play warframes.

Conjunction survival was the only recent thing where we did, and that was kind of a bone toss. The circuit is ok, and some things about it I quite like, but it's more like ESO on steroids than regular warframe. Of course, you know all that, you're just being a jerk on purpose for some reason, I guess you love the circuit and felt offended that I didn't acknowledge it.

Dude... it's a game and a game's forum. Being offended would be insulting you guys. No worries on that.

As for the updates, you uhhh, seem to have forgotten Angels of the Zariman and the archon boss fights...two HUGE updates for warframe gameplay. And you downplaying the Circuit is not going to make your argument any stronger, especially when it's nothing like ESO and is much more like regular Warframe. It even has most of the action mission types...just like regular Warframe. 

I honestly have no idea how you could dismiss these.

23 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

No. No you don't have to "bite the bullet" and just do it. 

The items he offers are very skippable after doing it for a few weeks. If a player wants to obsess over extra shards, that's on them. There's other and better ways to earn shards. 

It would be a waste of time for the devs to put extra resources towards it. Especially if long time players like you are still engaging with it, from their perspective that makes it look like a success. 

I played it, had my fill and stopped. I'm sure that's all DE wanted. 

Yes I do indeed need to "bite the bullet" since I dont enjoy the Kahl gameplay at all after the first run through of each mission. This is also not about obsessing over shards, this is about unlocking ease of use for the shards on several frames. There are no "other and better ways", since we have Kahl and Archons, that is it. Not doing Kahl means 1 less shard per week that can be placed on less used frames, which is quite nice to be able to do in order to not have to invest bile (still the scarsest Helminth food in the game, combine with a massive cost) resources into unlocking, especially now with Duviri and the RNG pulls.

And of course it makes it look like a success for them, why else do you think they gated it the way they did? This is simply marketing 101 to produce "longevity" for content. They've practically ripped a page out of the "how to make a mobile game" book and applied it to Kahl and Archons, since that is what both those content additions scream with flashing red lights and submarine alarms. And with the mobile port coming I expect we'll see more of this S#&$ in the future, incarnon weapons is another indication of this, not nearly as bad though because there is an effective cap on what we need. Kahl and Archons are practically like "raids" in Diablo Immortal, crap content frequented only due to the gated weekly rewards. 

It would be better if content was designed like Duviri, where it is actually interesting to go back over and over at your own pace for an extended period of time. For me it is likely the most successful release in the game since I can still enjoy it this far after release.

8 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

You're missing the main release, Duviri, in which you do not play warframes.

Not really true at all.

Out of 10 steps currently for a full Duviri run you play the frame in 6 of them. And you likely wipe out the enemy with your frame in 1 or 2 more of those due to transference.

10 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

I hear ya but, when you really take a step back and look at your own journey in the game, you have to account for going well beyond the gameplay scope of a normal game. Many of us have never encountered a game that has run this long and, to be real, we're creating these unachievable rules without checking ourselves. 

We have played the HELL out of this game. If you had a memory and account wipe, and had to start brand spanking new, dude...can you imagine? I say this because it is extremely hard to surprise 5000+ hour players. DE still somehow manages it but we pick apart everything like bitter old men and women...which does fit a natural relationship cycle. Sometimes, we gotta choose to enjoy it as it is instead of nagging at it constantly. No?

I don't understand how people play for 1000s of hours, THEN come to the conclusion that the content isn't good enough....

5 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I don't understand how people play for 1000s of hours, THEN come to the conclusion that the content isn't good enough....

DE has definitely put players, and gaming in general, in a unique place. The highest quality of gameplay, with every type of variety and genre thrown in, will still create that sense of normalcy. Some have faced and accepted this reality and have gained a new vigor from it. Others refuse to accept it and, unfortunately, build that negative tone of nostalgia, believing yesteryears were better. Not sure of the solution though 

Archived