Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where are our BLADES! <3

_SYNTHDEMON_

Can we get some new addition to the game? certain "Archives" that will give our operators additional abilities back in the normal Warframe world as well. After clearing Duviri, that a certain new place/ worldlayers unlock in a tower to make us able to grind these open world maps, where random mobs spawn and walk to be killed. They'll be able to drop these skill template/ "Archives" so it can be used to buff our operator fighting styles inside and outside Duviri and other worlds we traverse. Making the whole Operator part come to life. So the grind towards it gets more purpose. To move freely with your operator like your warframe... THat is we'll need "THE THIRD DREAM!" 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

2 words, operator melee.

We've been asking for it for years DE.

I mean we technically have it now, the only thing is for DE to implement it for Warframe missions. 

The main problem is the fact that they can't implement it without 1000 posts saying "DE forcing us to use Drifter in Warframe missions," which I can't blame those people for, but at the same time there's no way DE wants to adjust a bunch of animations, weapons, and other stuff for Operator to use Drifter melee.

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I mean we technically have it now, the only thing is for DE to implement it for Warframe missions. 

The main problem is the fact that they can't implement it without 1000 posts saying "DE forcing us to use Drifter in Warframe missions," which I can't blame those people for, but at the same time there's no way DE wants to adjust a bunch of animations, weapons, and other stuff for Operator to use Drifter melee.

Calling duviri "operator melee" is like calling a orange an apple, they're both fruit but its not really the same category. Setting aside the fact that its exclusive to duviri alone, drifter combat in duviri was designed as a different gamemode, like railjack. Besides, i dont see how simply adding operator melee will force players to use operator, we're not asking for a new gamemode to use it in, we're asking for melee as both drifter and operator.

When i say i want operator melee, i dont want duviri combat but just in normal missions, i want the operator/drifter to have warframe-like melee capability. The removal of void blast without providing any new alternatives leaves people wanting more.

• Like 1

I always figured melee would be a way for Drifter and operator to make up for their shortfalls: Drifter disn't start out with void powers so had to learn to fight and shoot in order to survive the Dax (but likely got killed numerous times anyway then brought back to life within the spiral). meanwhile Operators have void powers but only learned their fancy melee moves inside their warframes and won't/can't do the moves without the warframe, but something like the parazon for the operator would be pretty neat.

if we do get operator/drifter melee though, it would be kind of neat, but I'm not sure how DE would go about it, whether they'd scale down warframe weapons to kid size and allow stance moves on operators/drfiters, or if they'd decide to make Opearotr melee more unique by giving them their own weapons and moves: I always liked the idea of your focus school reflecting the choice of weapon you use:

- Madurai: Dual Daggers/Swords, performing quick frenzied attacks, maybe with a channeling-style mode that grants increased attack speed.

- Zenurik: Polearm/Staff, throwing out crowd controlling combos, maybe with a chance to gain energy on hit.

- Unairu: Sword & Shield, using a slower but powerful style that absorbs damage on block and adds it to your next attack.

- Vazarin: unarmed, kung fu style, with void sparring gauntlets: could be made to perform lifesteal on hits.

- Naramon: heavy blade, could be made to synergize with regular melee by having the combo counter carry over, and/or apply other buffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Also the drifter, even at 50/50 instrinsics, isnt even half the strength of a warframe. The drifters usability comes from decrees in duviri.

I can imagine a pair of void blades adding to my Zerathul cosplaying drifter.

What I can't imagine is what other purpose they would serve, seeing as it will just be a direct competitor to regular melee, but on a squishier pair of legs.

• Like 1

This is one of those things that sounds kind of neat when you hear about it, but it would immediately be rendered little more than a gimmick because Warframes can already do it and are simply better.

Add to that that the work it would take to implement this is not trivial, since post-War Within content is designed with the expectation that players have access to Operator abilities.  Given how limited DE's bandwidth is, it doesn't seem like this would be worth their time.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Veridian said:

I can imagine a pair of void blades adding to my Zerathul cosplaying drifter.

What I can't imagine is what other purpose they would serve, seeing as it will just be a direct competitor to regular melee, but on a squishier pair of legs.

Void damage. 
If you make void sidearms and void melee top-end viable (mods included) you create a generally "good" damage type that scales for use in difficult content since nothing has void resistance. For example... Operator/drifter void armaments should definitely have base 50% crit/status, 2.5 crit damage, 25% status/crit and be moddable with either special mods bought from the entrati, the orokin research lab in the dojo, the quills, or vox solaris or your standard sidearm/melee mods.

Also it would be interesting if DE gave drifter the ability to use melee and amp, since theyre an adult and all. 

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

This is one of those things that sounds kind of neat when you hear about it, but it would immediately be rendered little more than a gimmick because Warframes can already do it and are simply better.

Add to that that the work it would take to implement this is not trivial, since post-War Within content is designed with the expectation that players have access to Operator abilities.  Given how limited DE's bandwidth is, it doesn't seem like this would be worth their time.

Problem: 
Duviri exists, proving the framework for it is around and available. THeres still a distinct disconnect between "operator/drifter" and "Duviri drifter" though, that gap needs to be closed for sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love your idea's a lot! keep it up <3 ^^ 

On 2023-07-23 at 2:10 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I always figured melee would be a way for Drifter and operator to make up for their shortfalls: Drifter disn't start out with void powers so had to learn to fight and shoot in order to survive the Dax (but likely got killed numerous times anyway then brought back to life within the spiral). meanwhile Operators have void powers but only learned their fancy melee moves inside their warframes and won't/can't do the moves without the warframe, but something like the parazon for the operator would be pretty neat.

if we do get operator/drifter melee though, it would be kind of neat, but I'm not sure how DE would go about it, whether they'd scale down warframe weapons to kid size and allow stance moves on operators/drfiters, or if they'd decide to make Opearotr melee more unique by giving them their own weapons and moves: I always liked the idea of your focus school reflecting the choice of weapon you use:

- Madurai: Dual Daggers/Swords, performing quick frenzied attacks, maybe with a channeling-style mode that grants increased attack speed.

- Zenurik: Polearm/Staff, throwing out crowd controlling combos, maybe with a chance to gain energy on hit.

- Unairu: Sword & Shield, using a slower but powerful style that absorbs damage on block and adds it to your next attack.

- Vazarin: unarmed, kung fu style, with void sparring gauntlets: could be made to perform lifesteal on hits.

- Naramon: heavy blade, could be made to synergize with regular melee by having the combo counter carry over, and/or apply other buffs.

very nice, pretty detailed too, there are a lot of ways to make the game more interesting. Your idea is defenitely one of those