The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adaptation on overguard and changes to rhino

(PSN)Daikon177

So I feel like the main reason why DE doesn't allow adaptation to work on overguard is because of rhino and that's understandable, I don't know the math on it but my build can easily get 500k IS and if adaptation worked then that would be a ton of health, not sure how that would fair in level cap but still it's a lot.

But that isn't fair for frames that can't get that kind of overguard health pool so either make iron skin its own thing and let overguard benefit from adaptation or have a closer look at iron skin. If you allow it to benefit from adaptation maybe reduce either the base health of IS or the armor multiplayer so it's not so "broken" (glaring at revenant). If they did that maybe they could make IS recastable without the augment so it would open up a mod slot and maybe give rhino a useful passive, something that synergizes with his kit and boosts either power strength and/or armor.

Anyone else feel like this would work?

Overguard is just another flavour of shields and is less useful. Being immune to procs is nice but there are frames who can do that and double-stack 90% Damage Reduction with Adaptation and abilities. Zero point in Overguard and it really should never have been put into the game. Shields and Health were doing fine on their own and did not need the addition of Overguard. DE still feeling the need to bloat the game with systems nobody wants or likes due to them being implemented badly.

15 hours ago, (PSN)Daikon177 said:

So I feel like the main reason why DE doesn't allow adaptation to work on overguard is because of rhino and that's understandable, I don't know the math on it but my build can easily get 500k IS and if adaptation worked then that would be a ton of health, not sure how that would fair in level cap but still it's a lot.

But that isn't fair for frames that can't get that kind of overguard health pool so either make iron skin its own thing and let overguard benefit from adaptation or have a closer look at iron skin. If you allow it to benefit from adaptation maybe reduce either the base health of IS or the armor multiplayer so it's not so "broken" (glaring at revenant). If they did that maybe they could make IS recastable without the augment so it would open up a mod slot and maybe give rhino a useful passive, something that synergizes with his kit and boosts either power strength and/or armor.

Anyone else feel like this would work?

This wouldn't work, no.

There are already changes coming to Overguard with Echoes of Diviri on the 27th you should check out.

Rhino is very much the reason why it wouldn't work, as you can get Millions of Overguard on him very easily. Overguard is not meant to be a "second shield type" as every frame who has an Overguard mechanic also has far higher Armour than the other frames. As far as the "it isn't fair" part of your complaint, I can only imagine you're referring to Kullervo. This is a frame who can get a 600%+ crit chance boost on his melee weapons for X seconds, and can link together enemies to all take damage done to one. He absolutely shouldn't have Rhino-level protection which is why his Overguard has a limit to it based on Ability Strength. And adaptation still triggers while his Overguard is up, but protects his Health instead of the actual Overguard.

In essence, what you're asking for would be too powerful. You bring up Revenants Mesmer Skin but neglect to consider just how OP Overguard taking only 10% damage would be.

Il y a 6 heures, (PSN)MYKK678 a dit :

In essence, what you're asking for would be too powerful. You bring up Revenants Mesmer Skin but neglect to consider just how OP Overguard taking only 10% damage would be.

Then your boi level cap Blitz Eximus comes around the corner, claps your 90% DR buffed cheeks in one move and sends you straight to a third dream.

Oops.

No thanks to Adaptation on Overguard.

I do wish they'd have added an armor and/or health synergy to Recompense's buffer though.  Something along the lines of what Nezha has with Halo hp and armor.   I'd rather have that than the status immunity they're throwing in.

Archived